Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So happy to see Gabrielle got his first AHL goal just now

He showed extremely well prospects game in Buffalo. He had a couple the game I watched. I was thoroughly impressed with his
Compete and wrist shot. I'm a little surprised his first goal however not worried the least. He s an energy player. He's playing 4rd 4th line and adjusting to newness. He will be a valuable player one day.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
He's such a good passer - reminds me of.....Danton Heinen the way he sees the game and finds open players
I love many of the young talent we have but JFK excites me the most. I know the Bergeron comparisons have been thrown around but the similarities are so striking. Seeing his success this early in the AHL really excites me for his future.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He showed extremely well prospects game in Buffalo. He had a couple the game I watched. I was thoroughly impressed with his
Compete and wrist shot. I'm a little surprised his first goal however not worried the least. He s an energy player. He's playing 4rd 4th line and adjusting to newness. He will be a valuable player one day.

I agree. He will need some time but I’m still very high on him. Providence is loaded with talent so that isn’t helping much with opportunity (not saying he has earned it to begin with, but still).

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Phase Two of Sweeney's rookie rush has some good ones that will be competing for spots in the pro lineup next season

JFK
Senyshyn
Frederic ( if he signs )
Donato
Zboril
Lauzon

The retooling isn't over yet, folks.

ShadyAcorn

Oct 7, 2017
Just got back home from the game today. Great, gutsy win that had them coming back from two down within the last 10 minutes of the third and winning in overtime.

I was tough on Senyshyn towards the beginning of the year, but he is really starting to come into his own. He has obvious speed and is playing much stronger - not getting pushed around like he was earlier in the year. There was one play around center ice where he missed a poke check (or something similar but the details are blurry) on a passing player, turned around, and then hit another gear to catch up to a second player and break up the play.

Czarnik had a rough day. He had a pass get tipped/intercepted on the PP as he passed across the blue line. He also whiffed on a few. He has proven he is solid in Providence, but not a good day for him.

I like what I see from Zboril. He skates beautifully and I just feel more comfortable with him on the ice.

Hennessy and Agostino has fantastic goals. Agostino brought the puck over and skated in front of the net in overtime and put in the top shelf to win. It was a thing of beauty. Hennessy’s was a nice drag across the crease and a backhand over the goalie. Good stuff.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Just got back home from the game today. Great, gutsy win that had them coming back from two down within the last 10 minutes of the third and winning in overtime.

I was tough on Senyshyn towards the beginning of the year, but he is really starting to come into his own. He has obvious speed and is playing much stronger - not getting pushed around like he was earlier in the year. There was one play around center ice where he missed a poke check (or something similar but the details are blurry) on a passing player, turned around, and then hit another gear to catch up to a second player and break up the play.

Czarnik had a rough day. He had a pass get tipped/intercepted on the PP as he passed across the blue line. He also whiffed on a few. He has proved he is solid in Providence, but not a good day for him.

I like what I see from Zboril. He skates beautifully and I just feel more comfortable with him on the ice.

Hennessy and Agostino has fantastic goals. Agostino brought the puck over and skated in front of the net in overtime and put in the top shelf to win. It was a thing of beauty. Hennessy’s was a nice drag across the crease and a backhand over the goalie. Good stuff.

While certainly a flawed statistic and one I don't hang my hat on, I do find it interesting that Zboril currently leads all rookie AHL dmen in plus/minus and has only one game as a negative player. 3 points in his last 4 games too.

He's currently listed on the AHL website as 6'2, 190.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Good Guys win 3-0

Hargrove Blidh and Seny score

McIntyre with 28 save SO

Sucks Binnington was called up today. He's played great and deserves it. Great 1-2 punch as well.

JFK may grow into a Bergeron too early. But Providences now is Colby Cave.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Good Guys win 3-0

McIntyre with 28 save SO

Sucks Binnington was called up today. He's played great and deserves it. Great 1-2 punch as well.

Are you saying Cave is the leader of the team or that he's their Bergeron?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Great to see that Zboril, Seny and JFK all playing well as the PB's won their 8th straight tonight.
Too bad Lauzon got injured over the weekend.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Good Guys win 3-0

McIntyre with 28 save SO

On a positive note, Bruins prospect Damiel Vladar rejoins the team. This has him close to the development staff.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
What do the lines look like down in Providence over the last few games? Are JFK and Senyshyn playing together now?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
On a positive note, Bruins prospect Damiel Vladar rejoins the team. This has him close to the development staff.
Is there anything out there explaining why he's been in the ECHL this year and they let Binnington into Providence? Seems like he's been really strong during his AHL time, definitely capable of playing there in the very least. And you're right that the development staff would have better access to him in Providence than in Atlanta.

Is it that they want to get him as many games as possible rather than splitting time with McIntyre?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Is there anything out there explaining why he's been in the ECHL this year and they let Binnington into Providence? Seems like he's been really strong during his AHL time, definitely capable of playing there in the very least. And you're right that the development staff would have better access to him in Providence than in Atlanta.

Is it that they want to get him as many games as possible rather than splitting time with McIntyre?

Yes.

Personally, I don’t think a 20 year old kid makes a good backup. They had an opportunity to get a veteran AHL minder in Binnington after losing Subban who has no problem playing once a week and coming in sharp and focused. On top of that, they are currently thin at goal. One guy goes down and suddenly Vladar is another injury away from actually being in Boston. The theoretical next guy on the depth chart is ECHL lifer Matt Ginn.

If I understand correctly, Dunham spends a fair amount of time in Atlanta.

Anyway, I think the plan has worked. Vladar has been fine when recalled and Binnington quite frankly has been less of an adventure than Zane this season.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Being close to Boston his game times can be controlled more than they could in Atlanta.

I don't know whether the org
owns the Atlanta ECHL franchise and/or has total control of on ice personnel. But it can set a program for Vlady to play as much as he needs to get to the next level. Being a "backup" doesn't necessarily mean playing once every two weeks.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
What do the lines look like down in Providence over the last few games? Are JFK and Senyshyn playing together now?

Mark Divver's blog is the best place to find detailed information on Providence: Rinkside Rhode Island

The line-up against Hershey:

Porter-Szwarz-Czarnik
Agostino-Cave-Senyshyn
Hargrove-JFK-Blidh
Gabrielle-Hennessy-Hickman

Cross-Marshall
Breen-Clifton
O’Gara-Zboril

With Jordan Binnington recalled by St. Louis this morning, Dan Vladar will be the backup goalie.

Healthy scratches: Acolatse, Johansson

Injured: Fitzgerald (knee), Lauzon (upper body)

Reactions: Fopppa

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mark Divver's blog is the best place to find detailed information on Providence: Rinkside Rhode Island

Porter-Szwarz-Czarnik
Agostino-Cave-Senyshyn
Hargrove-JFK-Blidh

Cross-Marshall
Breen-Clifton
O’Gara-Zboril

With Jordan Binnington recalled by St. Louis this morning, Dan Vladar will be the backup goalie.

I started following his blog on the advice of a few fans here, your right, very solid, I like the way that he writes about players, if they have had a poor game, he tells it like it is without the dramatic piling on garbage.

Sounds like the team`s kids playing well, wondering out loud if maybe the B`s send Bjork down for some quality ice time and to perhaps get a bit of confidence. I can see the load of skill with him, might just need some seasoning at the AHL level

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Porter-Szwarz-Czarnik
Agostino-Cave-Senyshyn
Hargrove-JFK-Blidh

Cross-Marshall
Breen-Clifton
O’Gara-Zboril

Z-Mac and the Baby B’s shutout the Hershey Bears 3-0 on Wednesday night.

Hargrove, Blidh, and Senyshyn with the goals. JFK with an assist on Blidh’s goal.

Zboril with an assist, two shots and was +1 for the game. O’Gara also had two shots and was a +2.

In his “Good, Bad, Ugly” segment Diver called out the PRO special teams and they responded by going 1/2 on their PP and killing all 4 HER PP’s.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Being close to Boston his game times can be controlled more than they could in Atlanta.

I don't know whether the org
owns the Atlanta ECHL franchise and/or has total control of on ice personnel. But it can set a program for Vlady to play as much as he needs to get to the next level. Being a "backup" doesn't necessarily mean playing once every two weeks.

Are you saying Atlanta isn’t playing him enough? I mean, just a quick scan of their box sheets from the last 2 week’s shows he’s been their goalie in five of the last seven games including three games in five days.....they probably have a more rigorous schedule than the AHL with more 3 in 3s and they also still allow 4 in 5s which the AHL no longer does. Regardless, he’s clearly their number one guy when on the active roster. And no, there’s no ownership there just affiliation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad