Prospects you were 100% sure about that busted.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Emile Poirier

Thought he had a 3rd line floor. Still don't understand what happened. Think he's going through some personal stuff this year. Missed half the year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Emile Poirier

Thought he had a 3rd line floor. Still don't understand what happened. Think he's going through some personal stuff this year. Missed half the year.

After those seasons in the Q and that rookie AHL season; I was like... Man, I guessed Feaster and Co. actually knew what they were doing at the draft. Not sure what's happening with this kid, but there's some other non-hockey related issues. Hoping he can get back to the game and come back strong; there was so much potential.

I saw him at minimum as at least an NHL'er (whether it was an energy guy, or his offence would translate).

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I was young and foolish.

I thought Pavel Brendl was going to be the real Gunnar Stahl of the NHL, with pretty much the coolest name for a hockey player ever.

I knew Brendl wasn't going to make it. As a Hitmen season ticket holder, I got a close up view of the good, bad and lazy. When Getzlaf came along, I thought, different style than PB, but yeah, this guy, no thanks. He's never gonna be an elite NHL'er. :cry:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don't know if he's considered a bust because he was picked late but I thought Kevin Poulin was on his way to becoming a top tier starting goalie in the NHL.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Here's one:

Adam Wilcox. I thought he would be Vasi's 1b for a very long time after what he did in college.

He then proceeded to suck in the pros.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Haha he had as many points as Konecny playing on a much worse offensive team and with terrible linemates. Does that make Konecny a 2rw at best?

Konency had over double Zacha's ES points. But, yeah. I would not be shocked to see Konecny max out as a 2nd line winger and I'd be surprised if Zacha was anything more, well I'd be surprised if he was a quality 2nd line winger.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
joel armia. thought he was an alex semin clone. hes turned into a pretty decent player for winnipeg, though, so not a complete bust.

It's weird, he was drafted as an offense first player, and while he shows flashes of that insane ability he showed at 18, he's more valuable to us for his defensive game, creating turnovers, and PK ability.

It's a head scratcher for sure.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Konency had over double Zacha's ES points. But, yeah. I would not be shocked to see Konecny max out as a 2nd line winger and I'd be surprised if Zacha was anything more, well I'd be surprised if he was a quality 2nd line winger.

Konec 1W Zacha 1C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad