Prospects you were 100% sure about that busted.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Daigle was before my time but I'm sure he'd be at the top of most people's list.

The guy was supposed to be a superstar.

In my eyes, I still can't believe Nail Yakupov became the dud he is now. He was so much fun to watch with Sarnia.

I don't think Daigle was a bust. He played a number of years and scored some points. True he wasn't worthy of the first overall pick but a bust? I don't think so.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Brule is a damn good choice, man what a wasted talent

I thought Brule was rushed, I don't think he was ready mentally or physically his first year. He suffered a series of serious injuries in short order and that was just about it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still a chance he amounts to something, but it's Michael Dal Colle for me. Looked like money for Oshawa in the Memorial Cup that year.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I went to a Subway Series game in Ottawa and he just dominated

I was at that game and I remember him as the kind of guy that looks great with the puck but I don't recall him accomplishing anything with it. I might be wrong.

I do remember the Russian National anthem, now that was great. It was like the Red Army choir and it went on for 10 minutes lol. I think the Canadian anthem was sung by a young lady folk singer type. I don't think it helped her career any.

Reactions: Senator23

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I thought Brule was rushed, I don't think he was ready mentally or physically his first year. He suffered a series of serious injuries in short order and that was just about it.
Brule was rushed by Columbus for sure. Edmonton almost salvaged him by putting him in the AHL but eventually the injuries hit. Brule played a style that wasn’t sustainable for his size in the nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad