Status
Not open for further replies.

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Spitfire11 said:
Vaclav Nedorost
Brad Boyes

I think Boyes is still a great prospect and don't see how he is'nt in the show. He's still young and is 4th in scoring in the A. I've loved him ever since he dominated at the World Juniors a couple years ago so I think that selection is a little off. How about Michael Henrich? He was supposed to be a budding power forward and then could'nt even stick in the AHL. He floated down to the East Coast League a couple years ago and I think spent last season in Europe but is now kind of getting a second chance with the Oilers, however I don't think he'll ever play a game in the NHL.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Ivan Novoseltsev

he is an interesting story, not really a bad player... just can't seem to find it in the NHL. I'd call him a bust I suppose.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Nikos Tselios
JM Pellitier
Jeff Heerema
Igor Knyazev

Three of those were first round draft picks by Carolina, all three are either busts or have major bust potential.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
MisterUnspoken said:
Brad Boyes?

Are you serious.... If he isn't a second liner on SJ next season I'd be shocked.

I put him down because he's stuck in the minors. Last year I put him down as the 3rd best prospect in the NHL and got flamed (as I should have). I'm still extremely high on him as well and can't wait for him to get a chance in the NHL.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Nathan Smith comes to mind for the Canucks. Really, our only truely 'bad' 1st round pick so far. Hell, 2003 pick Ryan Kesler has played way more games than Smith already.

Keep in mind, 'downhill' does not necessarily mean 'bust' though.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Edmonton Oilers 1st round choices 1994 - 1999 Take your pick.

Year Pick Name
1999 13 Jani Rita Right Wing
1998 13 Michael Henrich Right Wing
1997 14 Michel Riesen Left Wing
1996 6 Boyd Devereaux Center
1996 6 Matthieu Descoteaux Defence
1995 6 Steve Kelly Center
1994 4 Jason Bonsignore Center

thestonedkoala

Pierre- Marc Bouchard...The guy won't make it, he's really soft...

PK*

Right now, I'd say Marcel Hossa but I feel like he can still turn it around. He started the year in Montreal and was sent dwon due to poor offensive production. He struggling to put up points in Hamilton and he is not the first callup anymore. A few guys in Hamilton have been better than him and would be called up before him (Balej, Plecanek, Higgins and maybe Perezhogin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad