Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well I have to confess I'm not so much in the loop with the Crunch as I am the Lightning but considering their forward lineup is likely to include Cirelli, Yan, Joseph, Stephens and Volkov and their defense just got Cernak added to it and even a somewhat solid addition of McBain I really don't see why they can't make a good run this year. They already went to a Calder Cup Finals and now they just added the bulk of one of the best prospect pipelines in hockey.

A lot of these guys are going to be AHL rookies though, so it's tough to say how they'll handle the jump. For instance, I think Joseph's going to be great after he gets the hang of it, but I'm not sure Yan is ever going to get the hang of it. Whether or not they get Conacher back could be key.

A guy I'm really excited to follow is Adam Erne. He's always been a Tale Of Two Players type of player, and, if I remember correctly, the lazy, finesse-type version of him started the year, but then he turned on his power forward game later and earned himself a call-up. I'd be interested to know how his stats break down, but I'm not sure where to find that type of info for the AHL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wanna take a shot at the projected roster??

Erne - Peca - Conacher/Brown
McGinn - Cirelli - Joseph
Volkov - Verhaeghe- Stephens
Yan - Lynch - Gallant
Bournival/Condra IR

Bodie - Cernak
Masin - Thomas
Walcott - McBain
McNeil/Spencer

Leighton
Ingram

Stacked on the wings but weak down the middle with Dumont on the big club. Bournival and Condra will be in the lineup when healthy, most likely Yan and Gallant sit. Whoever loses out in the Brown vs Conacher battle goes to the too line. On defense we have issues unless Cernak can be a top 4 guy right away and Masin - Thomas don't have a sophomore slump. There's a real lack of offense from the backend so think we might have issues scoring at first even with how good the forwards look. Leighton is the clear cut starter with Ingram getting in 1 of the 3 on those busy weekends. Team could use a shutdown center and another offensive defender, maybe Dumont comes down and one of Masin or Thomas make a huge jump in offensive production.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's physically mature in a way Sustr never will be. I think Sosunov is listed above 230 already. He looks it. As the season goes on, it'll be interesting to hear from MJW fans how he looks, particularly the physical side of his game.

ADD: Noticed he had 9 PIM. Did a little digging and saw he had a fighting major in his first game with Moosejaw. So he may have the meanstreak Sustr lacks.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Oh my heavens, that guy is HUGE, especially compared to the other players! Skates pretty darn well for a guy that big and he's not afraid to use his height and weight! :eek:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like how confident he looks out there. You can tell the coaches notice it too because he was out there in every situation and wasn't afraid to jump into the play offensively. His shot isn't that heavy yet but should improve as he adds weight but I liked how he got it on net. He skates well but still could use some work on his lateral mobility but that long reach helps him from getting burned on the edges.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
3-1 loss after a 3-2 win vs Utica Comets in a home and home. Ingram in net both games. Only 11 shots after 2 at home tonight, picked it up some in the third. Erne looked good all night. Ingram did not look out of place in net. Walcott with a good scrap sticking up for Spencer after a high hit in the Syracuse zone. Lots of talent and youth on the ice. I know this is pre season but the lack of an offensive quarterback on the point for the power play was a glaring weak spot. Volkov looked good, if he fills out he is going to be a beast. Gallant did ok killing penalties so that may be a spot for him in addition to designated bodyguard.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
At least he is using his body to his advantage, unlike Sustr.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also - not that it's shocking, but it looks like Foote fell off his 3 points per game pace.

he only scored two in his last game. 3games, 2goals, 6 assists, 8 points, +5

Also interesting - the team has only scored 14 goals total, so he's in on over half the team's offense right now.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not saying it wasn't a good play - just kinda sad that was the "Hit of the game".
Yeah, I wasn't hinting towards that. You don't get to any highlight reels with that "hit", but he used his body and strength very well.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
AHL Live website is down. Someone forgot to pay the bill. WTF! If I can't watch the Crunch's opening night game after the Lightning's opening night game I'm driving to Neulion's HQ to torch the place. (kidding of course...in case "the man" is watching)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I love how he's showing more offensive abilities than Hajek, man that kid is disappointing.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
While it is perhaps too early to hit the real "Panic" button, last evening's Crunch game showed the on ice issues that are being typed about at the NHL level are at the AHL level as well. The Crunch are small and young without a lot of AHL level experience and it showed. With the exception of McGinn, there was not a lot of sticking up for your fellow Crunch players when they got into a jam. Conacher and Thomas looked good offensively. There is potential, but it may take until December for it to start to gel into an AHL level team. None of the new vets was even the least bit impressive last night. It is unfortunate that on a night that the Crunch should have been inspired by the raising of the banners from last season, the Amerks, who have not made the playoffs in four years, were the team that seemed to understand the meaning and played like it meant something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad