Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Pretty much. He was making pretty decent money over there too I believe. More than an entry level NHL backup would get. Always wanted to see him here. He was the big cat before Vasi was. Had one on his mask, haha.

What is it with Russians and cats? :laugh:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Really looking forward to see what we have in Verhaeghe. His stats are looking really great. Maybe we can get a decent bottom 6 guy here. Which would be awesome as he was for free basically

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Ancient Russians used to worship cats as Gods. Actually. Czar Peter the Great believed cats had a healing power and would keep many cats around people he wished to be healed.

Remember when Evgeni Artyukhin brought his cats over to Vinny's when he was recovering from surgery? That's why.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Baby Bolts hitting the ice tonight vs Laval Rockets. Lineups as follows:

Bournival - Lynch - Tammela
Verhaeghe - Cirelli - Joseph
Yan - Condra - Walcott
Archembau - Stephens - Volkov

McNeil - McBain
Bodie - Thomas
Masin - Cernak

Pasquale

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sommpi can score 100 goals this year and won't be signed, his last name isn't Paquette. We are saving that contract for the good old Canadian boy not that flashy Finn.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Sommpi can score 100 goals this year and won't be signed, his last name isn't Paquette. We are saving that contract for the good old Canadian boy not that flashy Finn.

Somppi actually doesn't score as often as you might think based on that clip. 18 seconds before he scored his 20th of the season, and it was only the first time he hit 20 as a Moosehead.

Somppi is a defense-first playmaking center, who I've critisized in the past for being afraid to shoot the puck despite having a decent release. That said, in 2018 he seems to be shooting the puck more and it's starting to pay off big time.

Selfishly, I hope Tampa sends him back for his 20 year old season, but he's almost certainly ready for the AHL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Somppi actually doesn't score as often as you might think based on that clip. 18 seconds before he scored his 20th of the season, and it was only the first time he hit 20 as a Moosehead.

Somppi is a defense-first playmaking center, who I've critisized in the past for being afraid to shoot the puck despite having a decent release. That said, in 2018 he seems to be shooting the puck more and it's starting to pay off big time.

Selfishly, I hope Tampa sends him back for his 20 year old season, but he's almost certainly ready for the AHL.

It was a joke, I know he's good, much better than that bum Paquette that's for sure. I just can't remember the last Finnish prospect we've drafted, developed and even made the league let alone have an impact?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Sounds exactly like Filppula :laugh:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Baby Bolts vs Baby Nucks (2/14/18):

Yan - Stephens - Tammela
Verhaeghe - Cirelli - Joseph
Bournival - Condra - Volkov
Archembaum (sp?) - X - Walcott

Masin - McBain
Mcneil - Cernak
Bodie - Thomas
Spencer

Pasquale

Scratches: Gallant and Lynch

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018
Can someone help me out, what is Dennis Yans ceiling as a pro? Any comparables in the NHL right now as a player. I know he has the offensive tools but how is his defensive game, has it improved? He has good +/- in his 1st pro year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Can someone help me out, what is Dennis Yans ceiling as a pro? Any comparables in the NHL right now as a player. I know he has the offensive tools but how is his defensive game, has it improved? He has good +/- in his 1st pro year.

I'm not as high on Yan as others. His ceiling is probably around NHL scoring line sniper. He floor is around AHL team hopper or European League scorer. Hard to pin down a comparable. Kid has good size but is average to below average on the boards. He is average (though willing) around the net. He just doesn't jump out of the screen like some others do. Although he is having a good season for AHL rookie standards ... he is still only scoring at about .5 ppg pace. While his contemporaries who have much better 2-way games are scoring at around .65 to .80 ppg pace. He is certainly behind the others due to injuries ... he has missed around 15 games this season. The coaching staff is going to need to see more out of Yan. More compete, faster decision making ... he just needs to raise his level overall. As with others young players ... needs to find consistency and build man strength. Decent tool set though - hands, skating, shot all very nice.

Not good enough to crack the Lightning's top 6 forward group. Not enough two-way player to be on the bottom six. I think he is going to put up some good numbers in the AHL and he gets traded in two or three seasons to an organization that has a roster spot open in the NHL or needs some scoring depth. I know this organization can squeeze every ounce of talent and Yan will get every opportunity to make the most out of his potential.

Reactions: PelleLindbergh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad