Prospect Info: Prospects, Marlies and Others: 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
How is it so hard to understand that the NHL actually makes the decision about the CHL-NHL agreement? If the NHL decides tomorrow they want to see their players in the AHL, the CHL can't do anything about it.

The NHL is actually happy with the actual agreement because they can see the big picture.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Any word on Granberg? He should have been back by now.

Is he practicing? Is this another Lou move, keeping him on the IR before a decision can be made on someone like Marincin/Corrado?

Conditioning stint with the Marlies soon?

Would also like to know about him too.

Figure with him coming back, the big club will need to move a D soon..

According to ep, he's expected to return late in December. Idk where they get their info on injuries though, so that may not be too accurate.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13901

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
During Tuesday night’s “Headlines†segment on Rogers Sportsnet, Damien Cox noted defenceman Petter Granberg and forward Joshua Leivo as likely call-up candidates for the Maple Leafs in the near future.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/granberg-leivo-likely-call-up-candidates-for-maple-leafs/
He did say that but I cannot take anything he says with credibility after he said the habs should trade price AND subban for the 1st overall to draft mcdavid!!

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...ban-trade-connor-mcdavid-canadiens-damien-cox

Number13

May 21, 2007
Agreed, but the same thing could be said about Nylander, and he's spending a year and half in the AHL.

True, but if Nylander spent as long as Johnson did in the SHL, he wouldn't be playing much, if any AHL hockey.

Shwaguy*

Does anyone think Marner has the potential to be impactful as say, a Seguin? Button sure think highly of him.

I think the potential is there but I'm not sure it's very likely.

In terms of playstyle Nylander is a lot more like Seguin than Marner IMO.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Canucks fan coming in peace....
Wondering what's happening to Corrado? From what I can tell he finished his conditioning stint on the 5th and has been a healthy scratch the last 3 games. But he's not listed on the Leafs roster. Is there more to it than that (injury?) or is it just that he's waiting for a coach's decision?

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Jonas Siegel, William Nylander wants to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nylander-wants-to-play-for-leafs-this-season-1.392128

This is the attitude the Maple Leafs want, encourage even, from one of their top prospects.

William Nylander, the club’s 2014 first-round pick, has one prime objective for this season: play in the National Hockey League. It remains the goal as he continues his first full campaign in the American Hockey League, even as the organization insists that an opportunity to skate with the big club is no sure thing.

“Oh yeah, of course it is,” Nylander said of his desire to play for the Leafs this season. “That’s the no. 1 goal.

“That’s what I want.”

He’s doing more and more to push that agenda. Nylander is tied for third in AHL scoring with 14 points in 12 games for the 10-3-0 Marlies. Both he and the team believe his biggest strides have come of late – both offensively and defensively.

Though he was piling up about a point-per-game pace in the early going, Nylander was unhappy with his start. Sheldon Keefe, the Marlies first-year coach, labelled it as inconsistent, adding that Nylander had picked out numerous areas for improvement and confronted them head on.

“I’m happy with the points, but I feel like I could’ve been putting up a little more if I was playing the way I can play,” said Nylander, who has been skating mostly on a line with Richard Panik and Josh Leivo.

He and Keefe meet on the regular to discuss both the good and the bad of his play. Early on, there were issues in the defensive zone that had to be addressed; his play away from the puck had to improve.

“Recognizing is one thing, but to be able to go out and show that growth on the ice is another and he’s done that here, especially of late,” Keefe said. “We’re looking forward to that process continuing.”

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
The line, “We’re looking forward to that process continuing." tells me he will have to sustain those areas he improving for a substantial period of time before he gets a look.

Definitely the right way to do it. Let him iron out any inconsistencies with the Marlies. I like the idea of him being a bit more of a finished product when he joins the Leafs.

Oh, and we've gone well beyond 1000 posts in this thread.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Definitely the right way to do it. Let him iron out any inconsistencies with the Marlies. I like the idea of him being a bit more of a finished product when he joins the Leafs.

Oh, and we've gone well beyond 1000 posts in this thread.
Completely agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad