Prospects and Marlies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Funny time to do NHL adjustment.

The Marlies are in some trouble, seems a funny time to put him in here. They all take some time to adjust, is the playoffs the best time with so much on the line?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The Marlies are in some trouble, seems a funny time to put him in here. They all take some time to adjust, is the playoffs the best time with so much on the line?

Are you talking about johnson?
Kid is stud. He had a very good 1st game. I'm excited to see him play again tonight.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Not that many people talking about our dark horse prospect, from last year's draft.. and although his numbers have dropped a touch, he's still had a fairly good season.. Here's a new montage for him..

Nikita Korostelev
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Feb 8 1997 -- Moscow, Russia
19 yrs. ago
Height 6.01 -- Weight 203

RECENT STATS:

2013-14 Sarnia Sting - OHL
60 Games... 17 Goals... 21 Assists... 38 Points... -35
-------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15 Sarnia Sting - OHL
55 Games... 24 Goal... 29 Assists... 53 Points... +4
2015 OHL PLAYOFFS
5 Games... 1 Goal... 2 Assists... 3 Points... +2
2015-16 Sarnia Sting - OHL
53 Games... 23 Goals... 19 Assists... 42 Points... +13
2016 OHL PLAYOFFS
7 Games... 0 Goals... 5 Assists.. 5 Points... +/- 0

Drive: Nikita Korostelev 2015-16 Highlights - TML

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
We might be missing Johnson for a while.

Was just taken out of the game after receiving a very nasty elbow to the head. Absolute bull **** play. Typical Albany.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I'm hopeful about the Johnson prognosis for several reasons.

#1 The elbow makes contract with his chin, not directly to the head. It's still a dirty play, but in terms of concussion at that moment, it's less than a direct hit.

#2 Johnson was able to brace his impact on the ice with his arm. It is unclear from the camera angle if his head made any contact with the ice ... however, if it did, it was on a gentle slope as the trajectory of his body tilted away from the arms brace. This is much better than a direct slam.

#3 No in season pressure on himself or from others to return. He has no less than 4 full months to recover in peace before training camp.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Not just the two goals last night, but I'm thinking that Soshnikov has to be our best prospect outside of the big 2(soon to be 3).

His toolset is just so good. As long as he doesn't turn out to be brain-dead, I can't see him being any less than a 20-25 goal guy who plays with energy and draws a lot of attention. Like a legit topsix version of Komarov.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Not just the two goals last night, but I'm thinking that Soshnikov has to be our best prospect outside of the big 2(soon to be 3).

His toolset is just so good. As long as he doesn't turn out to be brain-dead, I can't see him being any less than a 20-25 goal guy who plays with energy and draws a lot of attention. Like a legit topsix version of Komarov.

Watching the highlights, I thought the 2nd goal was a bit weak, but the slo-mo showed he just picked a perfect spot. That first goal, tho', what a shot. Blackwood looked completely helpless. Love Shosh's celly, too, he really seems like a new Danny Markov.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Tough to see Johnson get knocked out like that. What a rude welcome to the north american game.

LeafsNation19*

Pretty awesome that Connor Carrick is leading the AHL in playoff points as a d-man. Making a strong argument that he should be up with the leafs next season!

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
Marlies are going to run out of D options soon if this injury fest continues, the only alternate left is Kolomatis. Nielson, Stanton, and Doherty aren't listed on the current roster anymore.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not that many people talking about our dark horse prospect, from last year's draft.. and although his numbers have dropped a touch, he's still had a fairly good season.. Here's a new montage for him..

Nikita Korostelev
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Feb 8 1997 -- Moscow, Russia
19 yrs. ago
Height 6.01 -- Weight 203

RECENT STATS:

2013-14 Sarnia Sting - OHL
60 Games... 17 Goals... 21 Assists... 38 Points... -35
2014-15 Sarnia Sting - OHL
55 Games... 24 Goal... 29 Assists... 53 Points... +4
2015 OHL PLAYOFFS
5 Games... 1 Goal... 2 Assists... 3 Points... +2
2015-16 Sarnia Sting - OHL
53 Games... 23 Goals... 19 Assists... 42 Points... +13
2016 OHL PLAYOFFS
7 Games... 0 Goals... 5 Assists.. 5 Points... +/- 0

Drive: Nikita Korostelev 2015-16 Highlights - TML

I think he'll surprise people next year. Pretty much everything that could go wrong for him did last year. At first he was doing as much as he could with little offensive support. Then he got injured. And then once Sarnia added offensive talent, it was guys like Konecny and Mistele who took ice time away from him.

Next year however, Mistele is gone. That means he could very well slot in on the 1st line with Zacha and Konecny. That should help him a lot.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
One thing that wasn't said about Dermott is that he had a RUDE awakening to the AHL. Him and Holl had a blunder that led to the first goal against

Actually, I would pass the biggest blame on that goal to Johnson he had a man & then just skated around without a clue of what to do. Carrick & Dermott got crossed up but they tried to recover as Johnson continued to circle aimlessly. Holl really had no other choice than to do what he did.

Error to Carrick, Dermott & Johnson as far as I'm concerned but Johnson won the prize.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
One thing that wasn't said about Dermott is that he had a RUDE awakening to the AHL. Him and Holl had a blunder that led to the first goal against
Big limitation is Dermott's top speed. He's definitely a calm, brainy defenceman but I'm wondering if skating will impact his upside.

Strong skating D is become more and more critical in the NHL. Even as the playoffs get tighter, good puck movement from the back end has to be there.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Big limitation is Dermott's top speed. He's definitely a calm, brainy defenceman but I'm wondering if skating will impact his upside.

Strong skating D is become more and more critical in the NHL. Even as the playoffs get tighter, good puck movement from the back end has to be there.

He's not going to break out like a Gardiner or Rielly, but he is a good skater without the top end speed. What I really like is his ability to slow down the play & to make an excellent first pass. He'll be a threat with the pass, not the end to end.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

He's not going to break out like a Gardiner or Rielly, but he is a good skater without the top end speed. What I really like is his ability to slow down the play & to make an excellent first pass. He'll be a threat with the pass, not the end to end.

We're so spoiled with Gardiner and Rielly that everyone else next to them are just average skaters. :laugh:

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

Dermott makes up for it in cleverness. Kaberle wasn't an explosive skater either, but you rarely noticed due to the fact he reads the game so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad