Prospect you've given up on

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Alright Leafs fans you may not like this but I have all but given up on Jay Harrison. Though at one point he was rated as a first round pick, he has yet to show anything more than having a unremarkable AHL career ahead of him. How he was rated our 4th best prospect (HF's list of course) is beyond me.

Others that will more or less show nothing ahead of them......

Smirnov
Chistov
Yakubov
Vorobiev
Novotny
Connolly
Eager
Tyutin (NYR)

Names from the past.......
Jeff Ware
Alex Volchcov (WSH)
Terry Ryan
Patrik Stefan ( I know he is playing, but come on, he stinks)

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
yeah, I still don't understand how the Pens didn't get at least 1 first round pick in that trade. I know Craig Patrick is in the hall of fame...but....

Jagr wanted out of pittsburgh and that sort of price tag. There where only a few teams in line. But if you remember they also sent 15 mil, will around there with the trade. And as you know we where hard up for cash, cause we had to sign Kovy, Lang, and Straka. So it was Keep Jagr with all his trade requests or keep Kovy, Lang, Straka.

I was more disappointed with the Kovy deal myself. I thought one of Blackburn or Lundmark would be coming back the other way for sure. But no we got Fata. :banghead:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
russ4king said:
Yeah...really what's he accomplished? He was part of the Bure trade was he not? A lot of hype, and so far not too much. Mark my words ......B...U...S...T!

:teach:

filip novak was included in the bure trade...

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Patrik Stefan's NHL point totals have increased every season...

25 (72 games)
31(66 games)
23 (in only 59 games)
34 (71 games)
40 (82 games)

... I'll predict 45-50 points in 05/06, he should once again be Atlanta's #2 centerman, and he should be on the 2nd PP unit for them.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
TML said:
Patrik Stefan's NHL point totals have increased every season...

25 (72 games)
31(66 games)
23 (in only 59 games)
34 (71 games)
40 (82 games)

... I'll predict 45-50 points in 05/06, he should once again be Atlanta's #2 centerman, and he should be on the 2nd PP unit for them.

he will be on Atlanta's team, *don't know how many points he'll put up*...but he SHOULD be waiting tables at Denny's

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
You know, with the way people go on and on here about youngsters needing defensive zone help and all that, you'd think they'd be praising someone like Svitov who always thinks defense first. He has sick ability in the offensive zone, but he doesn't have full confidence in it...yet. From all accounts, he seems to be a force this year for Syracuse (scored a goal tonight). Second line center or elite third liner. 60 points, max, IMO. Maybe more if he plays with Zherdev, which he did at the end of last season and they looked great together. Maybe not worthy of the place he was picked at, but still a very solid NHLer.

RJ8812*

Drozdetsky for the Flyers, not skill wise, i just don't think he'll ever come play in NA

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Fleuryfan29 said:
I have given up on Colby Armstrong, Patrick Bartschi, Steve Crampton, Vladimir Malenkykh and Tomas Duba.
A lot of PENS fans have given up on Kris Beech and I do not know why? Last year in the Playoffs everyone was so hight on him and Kostopolous and we turn on him? Dosen't make sence.

And this is why no one respects your opinions.

Armstrong has had his strongest season in his pro career this year. Let's not forget Colby plays a style that takes a long time to perfect. He's not going to really hit his stride until he's 24 or 25.
Bartschi? He's 20 ****ing years old and continously one of the best players in Switzerland...
Crampton was an 8th rounder who was never that highly thought of. Most I ever thought of him was as a depth player for Wilkes-Barre...
Malenkykh is a fine player, but he'll never come to North America.
Duba is a fine player, but he'll never come to North America as long as his rights are with the Penguins.

A couple of mine...
Matt Murley- I've never been really high on him and nothing I've seen of him has changed my opinions. He's a jack of all trades, master of none, and that's not going to cut it in the NHL. May make it as a journeyman on some other teams, but not on the Penguins.
Michal Sivek- He has the talent to make it in the NHL, but not the desire. He's homesick and I can't see him ever returning to North America. It's a shame because he showed real promise.
Alex Rouleau- Hasn't shown anything since leaving juniors. Granted this is only his second pro season he hasn't even stood out as an average ECHLer yet, muchless come close to cracking the Baby Penguins.
Drew Fata- teh suq

Last edited:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
russ4king said:
Yeah...really what's he accomplished? He was part of the Bure trade was he not? A lot of hype, and so far not too much. Mark my words ......B...U...S...T!

:teach:

I love it when ****** use the :teach: emoticon and have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyersFan10*

For the Flyers, if they continue developing him the way they do, then Ben Eager is turning into said player. Great skating ability, excellent forechecker, plays with ruthless aggression and can keep up with the offensively gifted players. However, the Flyers farm team has him on a goon line. What a waste of a talent. Ben could benefit from playing with an Umberger or Sharp, but he's got to play with those two towers of power Josh Gratton and Jeff Smith. Poor kid, he must have pee'd off someone in the organization and that's his punishment.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Chris Biotti. I thought the Flames would score big on that pick. I have some hope, but it's just been a little bit too long to make it realistic optimism.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Sir Ozzie X said:
You know, with the way people go on and on here about youngsters needing defensive zone help and all that, you'd think they'd be praising someone like Svitov who always thinks defense first.

I don't understand why people rule him out either, or many of the 2001 names I have read so far for that matter.

Svitov really has a great two way game. He's really impressive in this respect but even last year, I thought his skillset was very promising but very raw. Perhaps people are losing patience because boobheads like Dudley the "genious" labelled him a NHL-ready prospect when he was as far as that as possible.

Seems to be a leader offensively in Syracuse and if his defensive play is as good as the year before, where I saw great things, it won't take long before this guy becomes a solid NHLer, IMO. Might have a shot on a scoring line.

I think he has a very, very low probability to bust and has a very nice upside to boot.

I think ruling out 2001 prospects at this point is a bit unfair unless they look like total crap. With the lockout, a couple of guys who would be skating in the NHL aren't doing so.

This may be a blessing in disguise for someone like Svitov. He gets a lot of icetime and can gain confidence in his offense. He shows some very sweet moves at times.

big_papa

Sep 15, 2002
Visit site
As an Oilers fan I have given up on Mihkonov, he just has not showed anything that would warrent being a good player in the NHL.

Jani Rita may play in the NHL but I do not think he will excel just because it has taken him so long to get to the point he is at now

Ninamaki, I know it is still early but I just do not think he has the desire to take that next step to be a great player. Also, with the drafting of Schremp and M-A-poulliout I think he will be the victim of a numbers game.

I hope I am proven wrong but I just do not see these three first rounders playing very many games in the NHL

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Hopkinator said:
Luca Cereda
Brendan Bell
Regan Kelly
1 and 3 yes... 1 a thousand times over! Luca Cereda has to go down as one of the worst 1st round picks ever :shakehead .. Bell is vastly improved this year and may still pan out IMO

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Fleuryfan29 said:
I have given up on Colby Armstrong, Patrick Bartschi, Steve Crampton, Vladimir Malenkykh and Tomas Duba.
A lot of PENS fans have given up on Kris Beech and I do not know why? Last year in the Playoffs everyone was so hight on him and Kostopolous and we turn on him? Dosen't make sence.

you still like Beech, who was drafted 5 years ago and hasn't climb out of the AHL yet, but you've given up on a guy that finished in the top 50 in scoring in the Swiss league after being drafted in 02?

Patrick Bartschi is a consistant contributor in his league, i'd wait to give up on him still he crosses the pond.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!

Considering he is Chicago's top ranked forward prospect on the Black Hawks home page here at HF ... http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=4

ahead of 1st rounders Mikhail Yakubov & Pavel Vorobiev who not so long ago where considered TOP 50 prospects ..

Just proves how fast things change in the life of a prospect ..

Yukabov's playing better, but Vorobiev is playing like crap. He was touted as a 1st line winger, and he might just reach that in the AHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad