Prospect you've given up on

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I.am.ca said:
Has anyone given up on Kvasha yet?

Fedor Fedorov.

26 yr old Kvasha is coming off his first 50 pt season.Not a spectacular number true,but he stepped up big time,playing very hard when Yashin missed 12/13 weeks.He looks better centering his own line,then playing wing.

I'd take 50-55 pts a yr from Kvasha.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
silver_made said:
Florida Panthers

Shvidki is off the radar and no longer counts.
Weiss, Krajicek, and Olson.

Is it too late to replace weiss w/ ruutu?
wow, 2001 was one mighty overrated draft.

None of those are busts. Ruutu may be better but Weiss will be very good. Krajicek just needs to improve his defense.

Biggest bust ever: Beech, what a joke he was
Man he sucks. I could probably do better than him. :lol :lol
I've also given up on Smirnov. Had a lot of talent.
As for Blackburn, he will make it. Once he recovers 100% he should be a decent goalie.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Two top 10 picks:

Serious answer: Jeff Heerema

Joking answer: Alexander Pickard: Not even good enough to make the try outs cut for team Canada at the WJC. How can a top ten pick one year who is having a decent year not make the tryouts?

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
J17ster said:
Biggest bust ever: Beech, what a joke he was
Man he sucks. I could probably do better than him. :lol :lol

You obviously haven't been following hockey long, nor do you fully understand bust. Beech at least played in the NHL for a full season plus, and is still only 23. Will he be a great player? probably not. But he was not a bust of biblical proportions like you make him out to be.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
craig1 said:
You obviously haven't been following hockey long, nor do you fully understand bust. Beech at least played in the NHL for a full season plus, and is still only 23. Will he be a great player? probably not. But he was not a bust of biblical proportions like you make him out to be.

I don't know how hyped Beech was in his draft year (i was too young) but he almost certainly is a bust. He could struggle to be on the 4th line in the future in the NHL. And so what if Beech played an NHL season. He only got that chance due to being a high pick and didn't exactly excell. The term bust means a player who greatly underachieves his so called potential. If you are a first round pick with high expectations but will spend his career as AHL/NHL player you are a bust.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
I'm not surprised about Beech.. considering his attitude and lifestyle.. i wont mention specifics but through the friendship grapevine (ie friend of a friend of a friend) his decisions how to run his life are obviously translated onto his on-ice and off-ice efforts

its sad when young players with so much talent and potential screw their lives up with bad decisions

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
chriss_co said:
I'm not surprised about Beech.. considering his attitude and lifestyle.. i wont mention specifics but through the friendship grapevine (ie friend of a friend of a friend) his decisions how to run his life are obviously translated onto his on-ice and off-ice efforts

its sad when young players with so much talent and potential screw their lives up with bad decisions

Please go on, this could answer alot of questions for us. If not PM me ;)

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
J17ster said:
I don't know how hyped Beech was in his draft year (i was too young) but he almost certainly is a bust. He could struggle to be on the 4th line in the future in the NHL. And so what if Beech played an NHL season. He only got that chance due to being a high pick and didn't exactly excell. The term bust means a player who greatly underachieves his so called potential. If you are a first round pick with high expectations but will spend his career as AHL/NHL player you are a bust.

Perhaps, but he is hardly the biggest bust ever...and though I don't know you personally, I have doubts that you can do better.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
Zoo said:
Please go on, this could answer alot of questions for us. If not PM me ;)

:)

I dont think it'd be fair to Beech if i revealed his personal life choices. But just from trends happening with alot of young people today, you can more or less guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad