Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Seattle just drafted Kiiskinen in the import draft, I hope Nashville saw how we handled Brad lambert and allow him to come to Juniors
Nashville might "encourage him" to go to Seattle, but ultimately it might depend on other plans Kiiskanen has, the status of his military stint, etc. Hopefully he goes, then you can keep us informed how he's doing! :thumbu:

Reactions: superdeluxe

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Has anyone been to camp this week? I was there on Sunday and Svechkov and L'Heureux were not present and neither was Burke. I was curious if they showed up late.

Does anyone know if this will be broadcast like normal. Usually there's a press release highlighting this game with where to view it, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Any one looking for players outside of what we drafted this year will have to wait until September. These sessions are just to eval. what we drafted and giving them marching orders for the Summer.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Any one looking for players outside of what we drafted this year will have to wait until September. These sessions are just to eval. what we drafted and giving them marching orders for the Summer.
I don't follow. Are you saying previous drafted players aren't evaluated?

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
I don't follow. Are you saying previous drafted players aren't evaluated?
They are (as all players), just not in these early sessions. They are for the "new new" class of 2023 to get their feet wet with camp, see what they actually drafted, and then send them on their way for the summer with the idea some of them MAY be back in September.

The "old new" guys have been in contact with the Development staff on the regular plus they have been through more than 1 camp. So, they have an idea of what to expect when they come back.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Has anyone been to camp this week? I was there on Sunday and Svechkov and L'Heureux were not present and neither was Burke. I was curious if they showed up late.

Does anyone know if this will be broadcast like normal. Usually there's a press release highlighting this game with where to view it, but I haven't seen anything yet.
I saw a mention of Burke getting a Cortisone shot in an unspecified area last weekend and not being sure if he’d be on the ice at all this week on Twitter.

L’Heureux was on the ice today per Emma Lignan on Twitter. Not sure about Svechkov.

Prospect game will be broadcast live via the Preds platforms tomorrow beginning at 10:30 AM. Game is two halves of 25 minutes each with a shootout at the end of each half.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I saw a mention of Burke getting a Cortisone shot in an unspecified area last weekend and not being sure if he’d be on the ice at all this week on Twitter.

L’Heureux was on the ice today per Emma Lignan on Twitter. Not sure about Svechkov.

Prospect game will be broadcast live via the Preds platforms tomorrow beginning at 10:30 AM. Game is two halves of 25 minutes each with a shootout at the end of each half.
Gracias! I'll have to "be in a meeting" tomorrow at that time so I can watch at the office.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Miss seeing you post around here. Always enjoy your insight. Don't be a stranger!
Thanks! PredsV82 hounded me just before the draft via text to remind me the community was still around.

Got back into coaching a couple years ago after five seasons away and am coaching travel hockey this season for the third straight season after restarting with high school hockey.

Interested in the new regime and following Trotz and Brunette’s development in their new roles. If it works out…I truly believe that they have the backing of ownership and the commission from ownership to give them a reason to throw a parade down Broadway!

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Does Kemmell make the squad this year?
Almost no chance.

But then I guess we never really expected him to score as well as he did when he came over to Milwaukee at the end of last season either. Anyway, he would have to take another leap into "unexpected" territory... whether in camp, or whether by seizing an injury opening at some point and refusing to let go... to make it.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Wheeler ranked Wood #18 in drafted skater prospects (under 23 and not a full time NHLer). Evangelista, Kemell, L'Hereux, and Tomasino were listed as honorable mentions.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
I don't know. Trotz keeps saying stuff like "some of the players that came up and looked ready and really performed, might not actually be ready for the 82 game season" or something like that, like he was preparing us for a favorite to be sent down.
I think as educated fans, we should understand that Trotz is willing to wipe the slate clean, so yeah, he might have a different view about which of our young players should be developing their game in the NHL vs. the AHL. He's also made a lot of signings of players who are valued for their leadership as opposed to their ability. A "demotion" for Evangelista shouldn't reflect poorly on him in light of the transformational changes that are being made.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
will Reid Schafer get a good shot in Milwaukee?
He’ll get the shot he earns, anyhow? Should be 2nd or 3rd line, if all goes about as expected. But he can always push higher or drop lower all depending on how he performs. No free lunches.

And to me, that’s basically the same for any questions about youngsters we have penciled into the Nashville lineup. Spots are very obviously sitting there for them to take. Why wouldn’t a player in their shoes work hard this summer and show up determined to take them? Neither us nor Trotz/Brunette have any reason to think they won’t. But if for whatever unexpected reason somebody like Evangelista or Tomasino thinks they can take the summer off and rest on their laurels, well then of course they could be bumped. Again, no free lunches.

Even last year Hynes seemed to imply this might be precisely what happened with Tomasino. Maybe it did… but I don’t have enough faith in Hynes to really accept that’s truly what happened. Hynes just hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt on such things. But it’s possible.

I’m for sure not going to expect any disappointments on such fronts. But end of the day, it’s up to the players to put in the work.

Reactions: superdeluxe

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He’ll get the shot he earns, anyhow? Should be 2nd or 3rd line, if all goes about as expected. But he can always push higher or drop lower all depending on how he performs. No free lunches.

And to me, that’s basically the same for any questions about youngsters we have penciled into the Nashville lineup. Spots are very obviously sitting there for them to take. Why wouldn’t a player in their shoes work hard this summer and show up determined to take them? Neither us nor Trotz/Brunette have any reason to think they won’t. But if for whatever unexpected reason somebody like Evangelista or Tomasino thinks they can take the summer off and rest on their laurels, well then of course they could be bumped. Again, no free lunches.

Even last year Hynes seemed to imply this might be precisely what happened with Tomasino. Maybe it did… but I don’t have enough faith in Hynes to really accept that’s truly what happened. Hynes just hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt on such things. But it’s possible.

I’m for sure not going to expect any disappointments on such fronts. But end of the day, it’s up to the players to put in the work.
While I think it's entirely possible Tomasino took last summer off, I mean his game was a bit rough coming into camp, I also don't exactly believe it really would have mattered with Hynes. Hynes wanted big bodies that could hit, and Tomasino was anything but that.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I know we are currently doing the rankings with the poll thread but I have been working on this list since the last draft in June, been tweaking it for a bit and am pretty happy with my rankings on it now so decided I wanted to share my list and get some feedback. Should some guys be higher? Lower? If you think someone is too high/low I’m happy to give my explanation for their ranking. This is for overall potential though, not NHL ready at all. Obviously things will change in time but right at this moment this is how I feel they should be ranked.

So I took the most relevant prospects we have and it turned out the list ended up being 39 long.

Would love for any feedback :)

Preds Top Prospects
1. Askarov
2. Wood
3. Kemmel
4. Evangelista
5. Tomasino
6. Parssinen
7. Svechkov
8. Schaefer
9. L’Heureux
10. Molendyk
11. Matier
12. Chistyakov
13. Ufko
14. Lind
15. Kiiskinen
16. Mackinnon
17. Kulonummi
18. Stastney
19. Afanasyev
20. Burke
21. Nilsson
22. Wilsby
23. Jatkola
24. Sward
25. Ingram
26. Del Gaizo
27. Olsson
28. Prokop
29. Willis
30. Fink
31. Roest
32. O’Hara
33. Knak
34. Walther
35. Strinden
36. Haider
37. Campbell
38. Muzzatti
39. Fontaine

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Overall I'll say this is a good list from a pipeline perspective. I am not going to pretend to know enough about these guys to rank them, although just reading down the list I can say I have watched almost all of them at dev camp over the years.

Reactions: maplepred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad