Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So now that we have a whole crop of new prospects, which unsigned previous picks will no longer be our property as of July 1? I assume nobody of note...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So now that we have a whole crop of new prospects, which unsigned previous picks will no longer be our property as of July 1? I assume nobody of note...
Well, they actually peg the Sign By date to June 1st, not July 1st for picks. (Or generally speaking August 15 for college players). So that date already sailed by. We didn't have anybody on that list.

As for July 1st, for already-signed players whose contracts are expiring, if the quote is true (I haven't seen the Preds formally confirm it yet) that only Glass and Carrier are going to be qualified from our RFA list, then the rest of them would become UFAs. Maybe some of those could be called prospects? But those guys belong more under the Milwaukee thread.

Can find all the Sign-By deadlines here btw:

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Well, they actually peg the Sign By date to June 1st, not July 1st for picks. (Or generally speaking August 15 for college players). So that date already sailed by. We didn't have anybody on that list.

As for July 1st, for already-signed players whose contracts are expiring, if the quote is true (I haven't seen the Preds formally confirm it yet) that only Glass and Carrier are going to be qualified from our RFA list, then the rest of them would become UFAs. Maybe some of those could be called prospects? But those guys belong more under the Milwaukee thread.
Yeah I was talking about previous draftees who were unsigned not expiring contracts

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Camp starts Saturday with first viewable on ice starting on Sunday. It's always fun getting a look at the new kids and this camp should have no shortage of star power. You never know who is going to show up and turn heads.

2023 Predators Development Camp Schedule
*Players will be available to the media following each skate

Saturday, July 1

• All Day - Arrivals, Physicals (Centennial Sportsplex)
Sunday, July 2

• 10 a.m. - Welcome Meeting (Bridgestone Arena)
  • 3:15 p.m. - Practice - Gold (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 4:30 p.m. - Practice - Blue (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 5:30 p.m. - Nutrition Seminar (Centennial Sportsplex)
Monday, July 3

• 7:15 a.m. - Track Workout (Vanderbilt University)
  • 9:45 a.m. - Goalie ice (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 10 a.m. - Practice - defensemen (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 11:15 a.m. - Goalie ice (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 11:30 a.m. - Practice - forwards(Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 1:15 p.m. - Guest speaker (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 4:15 p.m. - Team-building activity (Bridgestone Arena)
Tuesday, July 4

• 10 a.m. - Team yoga (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 11 a.m. - Guest speaker (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 12:30 p.m. - Team-building activity (Nashville area)
Wednesday, July 5

• 7:15 a.m. - Track Workout (Vanderbilt University)
  • 10:15 a.m. - Goalie ice (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 10:30 a.m. - Skills practice - forwards(Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 11:15 a.m. - Goalie ice (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 11:30 a.m. - Skills practice - defensemen(Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 5:30 p.m. - Guest speaker (Centennial Sportsplex)
  • 6:30 p.m. - Team dinner (Centennial Sportsplex)
Thursday, July 6

• 10:30 a.m. - Future Stars Game (Ford Ice Center Bellevue)

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Looks like we let: Nurmi, Vomancka, Asplund, Ratcliffe, and Foote go by not extending offers

EDIT: Also Leonard, missed him in the list.

Last edited:

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Looks like we let: Nurmi, Vomancka, Asplund, Ratcliffe, and Foote go by not extending offers
I liked what I saw in Ratcliffe, in another world I think he could be McCarron. We don't have the space for that long term hopeful of a 4th line banger with a little skill.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I liked what I saw in Ratcliffe, in another world I think he could be McCarron. We don't have the space for that long term hopeful of a 4th line banger with a little skill.
I think it's possible we could eventually circle back to a few guys like Ratcliffe or Huntingdon. They played alright in Milwaukee. But probably management wants to see what they end up with as a pencilled-in lineup (both levels) before committing. :dunno:

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He's on the roster. I will be there tomorrow to watch at Centennial.
So if Wood is there, is Molendyk? Because if they are both there we should have 6 1st rounders(those two plus Svechkov, Kemell, L'H, and Schaffer)

Or did Svechkov head back to Russia?

I guess I should have just asked for a link to the roster, D'oh!

• Haha
Reactions: nine_inch_fang

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
No one on that roster played a game for Milwaukee last season. I wonder if they're being rewarded with prospect camp off for the good playoff push.
Makes sense. Now that I think about it do they ever have anyone who is already playing for Milwaukee at this camp?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Makes sense. Now that I think about it do they ever have anyone who is already playing for Milwaukee at this camp?
I don't think it's as common. This camp though is more about learning to be a professional hockey player where most are coming from juniors or some comparable league.

Reactions: PredsV82

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I seem to recall Mbereko being fairly impressive in the world juniors. Wouldn't hurt to have another goalie in the pipeline.

sad to see Vomacka go. Seemed like he had a fun personality.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad