Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Other Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
The Marlies legitimately have 3-4 players right now who are probably going to be top six guys... Nylander Brown Kapanen and Leipsic. Then you add in Marner/Timashov/Bracco and Andreas Johnson coming over. That forward depth is insane.

The defense needs some work, and I'm sure Hunter and Dubas will make it a priority but the future is looking pretty bright.

Would be considered a small team in Midget AAA. Probably take a lot of abuse.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
How many were offering 1st. round picks for Berglund and Hanzal?

Maybe some were, but the way people here cherish 1st. round picks I doubt many were down for that.

http://www.tsn.ca/playing-the-percentages-in-the-nhl-draft-1.206144

I wonder what the definition of low end NHLer is. Berglund and Hanzal are 3rd liners who have both eclipsed 500gp before turning 30. Not far fetched to say they'll both eclipse 1000GP, which to me is not a low level NHLer (even though they play low in the lineup).

Semantically though, you might not trade a 1st rounder for either of them today, but do you give up a 2nd? In an absolute heartbeat (Winnik last year and others). And that would be as a rental player at the deadline, doesn't factor in 5 seasons of cost controlled games played.

So you're arguing over ~20 picks in the draft really.

Either way, Gauthier has a ton of work to get to the level of either of those guy. Just wanted to point out that it's not improbable he gets to their level.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
He was near ppg at age 17. That showed definite potential. He just was never able to build on that.

He was almost ppg in a league where players with offensive skills light it up.

You don't see many q players that go on to be top-6ers put up low numbers like that. Gauthier was always seen as a defense first player, which is why I was disappointed when they drafted him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He was almost ppg in a league where players with offensive skills light it up.

You don't see many q players that go on to be top-6ers put up low numbers like that. Gauthier was always seen as a defense first player, which is why I was disappointed when they drafted him.

At age 17 that's just not true.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He had better PPG than Horvat (#9) and Lazar (#17) in his draft year. And that was his rookie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad