Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Other Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
What a play by Timashov. Comes in, takes the body of the defender, wins the puck battle and centres it in front of the net for his 2nd assist of the night :handclap:

Timo is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite proapect behind Nylander, he gets better and better every game.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Remember Nielsen, Dermott and Donaghey can be brought in as well. Donaghey will almost certainly be sent to the Solar Bears, but Nielsen is a big guy that uses his size far more effectively and produces more, and Dermott is arguably our top defensive prospect right now.

Being sent to the ECHL is not a bad thing for him. #1 defenseman, a lot of responsibility, etc.

Percy-Brennan
Loov-Harrington
Campbell-Valiev
Dermott-Nielsen

Desrocher-Donaghey
Martin-Holl
Baier-Nicastro
Miller/Richard/Louis/McAvoy/Bell/Harvey/Nielsen

Is this for next year? If so both Percy and Harrington would have to go through waivers and I don't have a doubt in my mind they would both be claimed. They're not going to be on the Marlies next year

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is this for next year? If so both Percy and Harrington would have to go through waivers and I don't have a doubt in my mind they would both be claimed. They're not going to be on the Marlies next year

No, post CHL playoffs this year. Percy and Harrington are gone next year. Brennan probably too.

champs*

so who is going where next year?
toronto_marlies.png
1 Travis Dermott 19
2 Andrew Nielsen 19
3 Stephen Desrocher 19
4 Cody Donaghey 19
5 Jesper Lindgren 18

6 Frank Corrado 22
7 Martin Marincin 23
8 Andrew Campbell 27
9 Rinat Valiev 20
10 Viktor Loov 23
11 Stuart Percy 22
12 Scott Harrington 22
13 Justin Holl 23
14 James Martin 24
15 T.J. Brennan 26

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
so who is going where next year?
Travis Dermott 19 - AHL
Andrew Nielsen 19 - AHL
Stephen Desrocher 19 - ECHL
Cody Donaghey 19 - ECHL
Jesper Lindgren 18 - SHL

Frank Corrado 22 - Traded/not re-signed
Martin Marincin 23 - NHL
Andrew Campbell 27 - AHL
Rinat Valiev 20 - AHL
Viktor Loov 23 - AHL
Stuart Percy 22 - NHL
Scott Harrington 22 - NHL
Justin Holl 23 - AHL
James Martin 24 - Not re-signed
T.J. Brennan 26 - AHL

My best guesses.

champs*

My best guesses.

I think the marlies carry 8 d-men... So you picture these three on the leafs next year, that means one regular has to go, which one are you thinking, polak?

Martin Marincin 23 - NHL
Stuart Percy 22 - NHL

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I think the marlies carry 8 d-men... So you picture these three on the leafs next year, that means one regular has to go, which one are you thinking, polak?

Martin Marincin 23 - NHL
Stuart Percy 22 - NHL

Polak is most definitely traded this TDL

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
trading polak will really help the Tank, he really eats up a lot of defensive minutes that someone has got to make up. :nod: Dion is going to half a tough second half lol

Marincin can handle more minutes, at least at even strength. I don't know about PK; he wasn't great there at the beginning, but then again, neither was the entire team.

After that, Corrado is going to have to step up plain and simple. He has sucked a little bit.

champs*

Marincin can handle more minutes, at least at even strength. I don't know about PK; he wasn't great there at the beginning, but then again, neither was the entire team.

After that, Corrado is going to have to step up plain and simple. He has sucked a little bit.

Looks like Harrington will have to be called up also. Marincin, Corrado and harrington, two of these three will take up the #5#6 d-men.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Travis Dermott 19 - AHL
Andrew Nielsen 19 - AHL
Stephen Desrocher 19 - AHL/ECHL
Cody Donaghey 19 - AHL/ECHL
Jesper Lindgren 18 - AHL/SHL/CHL

Frank Corrado 22 - NHL/traded
Martin Marincin 23 - NHL/traded
Andrew Campbell 27 - AHL
Rinat Valiev 20 - AHL
Viktor Loov 23 - AHL
Stuart Percy 22 - NHL/traded
Scott Harrington 22 - NHL/traded
Justin Holl 23 - AHL/ECHL
James Martin 24 - UFA
T.J. Brennan 26 - UFA

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Travis Dermott - OHL
Andrew Nielsen - AHL
Stephen Desrocher - ECHL/AHL
Cody Donaghey - ECHL/AHL
Jesper Lindgren - SHL
Frank Corrado - NHL/AHL
Martin Marincin - AHL/Europe
Andrew Campbell - AHL
Rinat Valiev - AHL
Viktor Loov - NHL/Europe
Stuart Percy - NHL
Scott Harrington - NHL
Justin Holl - AHL
James Martin - AHL/ECHL
T.J. Brennan - AHL/NHL

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
MIKE AUGELLO said:
In an recent Swedish TV interview, Johnson indicated that his stamina has improved greatly since debuting with Frolunda two years ago.

As a rookie, the 5’10â€, 183lb forward ran out of gas mid-season, but has improved his stamina the last two seasons. That will could be a factor in his transition to the longer schedule in North America and may necessitate time in the American Hockey League before getting a crack in the NHL.
Interesting. Never thouht of that.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
No, post CHL playoffs this year. Percy and Harrington are gone next year. Brennan probably too.

Imo Korostelev is the only CHL prospect we have on a team that doesn't look like a potential league champion/mem cup contender (although if Sarnia gets Chychrun back next year, that's a different story). I wouldn't be surprised to see any of Kingston/London/Kitchener win the OHL championship. Moncton & Shawinigan are contenders in the Q, and Rouyn-Noranda could also make a deep run. Plus Lethbridge out west, it's very possible the Marlies might only get 1 or 2 CHL guys towards the end of the season.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Interesting. Never thouht of that.

Johnson has chronic asthma that had been hindering his progression as a pro hockey player. There were reports that he has finally found the right medication to treat it. What hasn't been discussed is whether it'll be legal for him to take in North America. Drugs used to treat asthma are usually on banned lists as performance enhancing drugs. We don't know whether an exception will be granted to Johnson. It's tough to project as granting an exception could open a Pandora's box of asthma diagnoses throughout the NHL from players looking for that little competitive edge.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Johnson has chronic asthma that had been hindering his progression as a pro hockey player. There were reports that he has finally found the right medication to treat it. What hasn't been discussed is whether it'll be legal for him to take in North America. Drugs used to treat asthma are usually on banned lists as performance enhancing drugs. We don't know whether an exception will be granted to Johnson. It's tough to project as granting an exception could open a Pandora's box of asthma diagnoses throughout the NHL from players looking for that little competitive edge.

Do you have a source for this? It's quite different from my understanding of the situation.

My understanding was that he had undiagnosed asthma as a teenager and his condition was found and started being effectively medicated during the summer he was drafted. Hence the remarkably-instant jump from unknown draft-afterthought to premier SHL player.

Also there are plenty of permissible ashtma medications. Ashtma is common and I'm quite certain the dozens/hundreds of players in the NHL with it don't simply go unmedicated.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I think it's more of the contents of the inhaler. Remember Carter Ashton? (I know) well he was suspended for using an inhaler. Unbeknownst to him, it had an illegal substance in it.

"I now recognize that I ingested Clenbuterol, a prohibited substance, through the inhaler. However, at no time was I seeking to gain an athletic advantage or to knowingly violate the terms of the program. I used the inhaler in response to exercise-induced asthma, a condition that my doctor with the Toronto Maple Leafs has since diagnosed and he has prescribed me with an inhaler."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=738056

So I am assuming the inhaler prescribed by the doctor is legal. The other inhaler was given to him by a trainer while he was having a asthma/panic attack. He didn't know what was in it. Let's hope the medication that has helped Johnson is legal in Canada. This is something I would hope the team is rectifying this year.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Do you have a source for this? It's quite different from my understanding of the situation.

My understanding was that he had undiagnosed asthma as a teenager and his condition was found and started being effectively medicated during the summer he was drafted. Hence the remarkably-instant jump from unknown draft-afterthought to premier SHL player.

Also there are plenty of permissible ashtma medications. Ashtma is common and I'm quite certain the dozens/hundreds of players in the NHL with it don't simply go unmedicated.
This was my undrstaning of the asthma situation too. I was commenting in my original post about not taking into account the difference in the amount of games played in the nhl versus the SHL and the additional conditioning Johnson will have to do.
It the link in the article I cited it he said his conditioning wasn't enough and he ran out of gas mid way through last season, but was better conditioned this season. The author of the article then mentioned that he might have to spend time conditioning for the nhl amount of games.
That's just something I didn't take into account when thinking of a time line for Johnson to make the nhl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad