Prospect Info: Prospect Info: 2015-16 Prospects and Marlies V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Todd Crocker ‏@HockeyCrock · 6m6 minutes ago
'We're not delusional about what happened here, we found a way to get some points..." Sheldon Keefe on the #marlies win

Todd Crocker ‏@HockeyCrock · 4m4 minutes ago
'...we like that we collect points here but we're taking a lot of lessons from this one.' Sheldon Keefe on the #marlies win in WB-S

Todd Crocker ‏@HockeyCrock · 3m3 minutes ago
'It's pretty rare when you can say a check from behind gets your team going." Rich Clune, whose penalty resulted in 2 SH goals. #marlies

Have to agree with Keefe. You found a way to win and that's important, however there is still a lot of work to do if Marlies want to compete against the best

OvenMittz*

Cameback from the Star Wars Premier.. Amazing.

Also WHaaaaa? we came back with 3 shorties!!!???? What kind of game was it?

Were we getting outplayed throughout the whole game? or did it even out after the first?

mikebel111*

Cameback from the Star Wars Premier.. Amazing.

Also WHaaaaa? we came back with 3 shorties!!!???? What kind of game was it?

Were we getting outplayed throughout the whole game? or did it even out after the first?

Didn't watch a lot of the game but from the comments and shots, we were outplayed the entire game

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Bracco at 1.4 ppg while Merkley is at about 1.1 ppg so far.

Bracco has been getting pretty hot lately as well, 4 point game last week 3 point game today, he changed from a 1.3 ppg to a 1.4 ppg in 1 week which is promising.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Bracco at 1.4 ppg while Merkley is at about 1.1 ppg so far.

Bracco has been getting pretty hot lately as well, 4 point game last week 3 point game today, he changed from a 1.3 ppg to a 1.4 ppg in 1 week which is promising.

...yet a lot of people are quite down on him. Personally, given his elite playmaking skills, shiftiness, and good skating, I think he makes it to the big show in a few years. I know there are size concerns, but I remember some poster in the summer analyzing his ankles (LOL) and saying that he has the potential to become much stockier. We'll see I guess...

FriendlyGiant

Jul 28, 2006
...yet a lot of people are quite down on him. Personally, given his elite playmaking skills, shiftiness, and good skating, I think he makes it to the big show in a few years. I know there are size concerns, but I remember some poster in the summer analyzing his ankles (LOL) and saying that he has the potential to become much stockier. We'll see I guess...

When I saw Bracco play his skills were very apparent, but I am really worried about how easily he is pushed off the puck - even at the junior level. Wait until he tries to compete against big world-class athletes in the NHL. I don't expect him to become a physically imposing player - he never will. But if he is serious about becoming an NHL player, then he really needs to train his body like a professional to become physically stronger. Is he doing that? Does he have that dedication? I obviously don't know, but I haven't heard any reports about how he's working hard to get stronger. That training isn't something you can accomplish in the off-season - it's a continuous journey he needs to begin RIGHT NOW.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The other question is about Bracco's top end speed. He obviously is quick and shifty but a number of observers query his speed. Some Barb Underhill time may help there.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The other question is about Bracco's top end speed. He obviously is quick and shifty but a number of observers query his speed. Some Barb Underhill time may help there.
I don't know why Oster question his speed?
Steve Kournianos of*The Draft Analyst:*"He is a tireless worker with enough grittiness and compete level equal to the Barzal/Marner/Merkley class of undersized playmakers, as are his vision, patience and puck control. Bracco has a very good wrist shot and he seems to favor it, but he can release a hard, accurate backhand. He can also elevate the puck from in close, whether shooting from at or near is feet or overextended. These offensive tools serve him well in the battlefields below the circles, where real estate is at a premium and provides little solace for the unskilled ... He is a very good skater with breakaway speed; extremely elusive and shifty in the offensive zone; enough to slip through or around defenders with superior puckhandling and puck protection."

Bill Placzek of*DraftSite.com:*"Early on, there have been many comparisons of this youngster to Patrick Kane. I think that is big stretch but I do see skills in him that might warrant the comparison. He is an undersized player with flash, magician-like soft hands and superb stick-handling skills that cause defenders fit in one-on-one situations. Takes full advantage of his light frame and quick feet to blow by defenders. There is much more to the pro game like unearthing pucks and working physically along the boards to gain possession, and handling your man on the backcheck. This is the part of his game that determine where a team selects him. A member of his homeland’s team roster for the World Junior Under-20 at Christmas 2014."
I read somewhere, but can't find it, that it's not his speed bit his change of pace that's is questionable. And since he lacks this change of pace he might have trouble creating separation at the NHL level.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
When I saw Bracco play his skills were very apparent, but I am really worried about how easily he is pushed off the puck - even at the junior level. Wait until he tries to compete against big world-class athletes in the NHL. I don't expect him to become a physically imposing player - he never will. But if he is serious about becoming an NHL player, then he really needs to train his body like a professional to become physically stronger. Is he doing that? Does he have that dedication? I obviously don't know, but I haven't heard any reports about how he's working hard to get stronger. That training isn't something you can accomplish in the off-season - it's a continuous journey he needs to begin RIGHT NOW.
Fair enough. I also think that getting stronger will be the key for him.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Zeke made a good point, Bracco may never be as NHL accomplished as the guy he reminds meo of, Kyle Wellwood. But lets all agree possibly on one thing, neither Wellwood nor this guy, look(s) like they have ever seen the inside of a gym.

And to not be a gym rat nowadays, wow, you had better be as talented as Patrick Kane if that is the case. Few people intimate that this guy has that kind of talent, but lols, I have seen a couple.

Here is a cool article on an AHL player, thought it was very interesting.

http://theahl.com/-ahlotb-where-in-the-world-is-jeremy-welsh--p200657

mikebel111*

Zeke made a good point, Bracco may never be as NHL accomplished as the guy he reminds meo of, Kyle Wellwood. But lets all agree possibly on one thing, neither Wellwood nor this guy, look(s) like they have ever seen the inside of a gym.

And to not be a gym rat nowadays, wow, you had better be as talented as Patrick Kane if that is the case. Few people intimate that this guy has that kind of talent, but lols, I have seen a couple.

Here is a cool article on an AHL player, thought it was very interesting.

http://theahl.com/-ahlotb-where-in-the-world-is-jeremy-welsh--p200657

Bracco looks to be finding a groove. Also no one said he has Kane level talent, however he certainly has the talent to make his potential a top 6 forward. Now we need to see if he reaches it but Bracco is a solid solid prospect

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No its not.

So many defencemen around the NHL spent lots of time in the minors. Thomas Hickey, Jake Muzzin, Chris Tanev

Also, the Leaf defence for the past 2 seasons has been remarkably healthy

Those defensemen were also very easy to acquire for their respective teams. Hickey was a waiver pick up, for example.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Marlies leading 4-2. It's nice to see them scoring 4 goals without Nylander and it's even nicer when they score because the Hershey commentator sounds so deflated. On the 4th goal, he says "How good is this team?" as if he couldn't believe it.:laugh:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Worst commentators in the world. They sound like commentators you would hear on a comedy show when they are making fun of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad