Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Anyone is pretty much allowed to go to WJCs if they aren't on their respective NHL teams

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Speaking of Liljegren, any word if the Leafs will loan him to the WJCs? Could be a good time to use the Marlies depth while Liljegren gets to likely dominate a tournament getting likely top minutes with Dahlin.

I assume since he got named to the team that it's going to happen... but you never know.
I believe I read somewhere that if a player isn't with the big club, then the organization is compelled to release them for the WJC. Not that I think the Leafs will hold back Liljegren either way.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Apparently leivo is in tonight last I checked. It would be nice to see kk get more games though. Still a nice reward getting the call.

I'd like to see Kapanen get an opportunity with non plugs if possible, he was really good with Boyle in the playoffs

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd like to see Kapanen get an opportunity with non plugs if possible, he was really good with Boyle in the playoffs

Moore and Martin have been very good recently. Martin has actually been consistently good throughout the year.

It would be nice to play him in the top 9, but we can not even fit regulars in there right now. Kapanen definitely would not have a shot.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Brownie has hit a bit of a rough patch maybe rest him for a game?

I'd keep Brown in the line-up especially away from home

Give Martin the night off, play Kapanen and Leivo on the 4th line and slide Nylander into the center spot in offensive situations and use Moore as the center in defensive situations

Reactions: Menzinger

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

moore-nylander-kapanen to get nylander some reps at C with moore there in case babs doesn't like something, but also gives kapanen and nylander incentive with a scorer there too

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
just move him down the lineup and not play him so many mins, good enough for marner and nylander good enough for Brown and even hyman
Watch your mouth Walshy!! How dare you say Hyman should move down hahaha
But ya move him down but then that puts leivo back in the press box

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'd keep Brown in the line-up especially away from home

Give Martin the night off, play Kapanen and Leivo on the 4th line and slide Nylander into the center spot in offensive situations and use Moore as the center in defensive situations
Just replied yo Walshy no need to sit Brown just move him down! :laugh:
But we also know Martin won't sit it will be leivo sitting

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Watch your mouth Walshy!! How dare you say Hyman should move down hahaha
But ya move him down but then that puts leivo back in the press box

as much as I like leivo babcock very much does not, move him on keep sosh in the pressbox and Robert's your father's brother

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
as much as I like leivo babcock very much does not, move him on keep sosh in the pressbox and Robert's your father's brother
Well babs is playing leivo tonight over kapanen so that's a positive so maybe uncle Bob should wait until the trade deadline?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

Levio was like this on the Marlies, 2 good games followed by 2-3 invisible games ... Babs is giving him chances to steal a spot.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
moore-nylander-kapanen to get nylander some reps at C with moore there in case babs doesn't like something, but also gives kapanen and nylander incentive with a scorer there too

I'd rather have Leivo if we're building a line to take advantage of other 4th lines

Just replied yo Walshy no need to sit Brown just move him down! :laugh:
But we also know Martin won't sit it will be leivo sitting

Martin hardly even fights so against teams that don't mix it up a lot I'd be tempted to sit him

Babs won't though

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'd rather have Leivo if we're building a line to take advantage of other 4th lines

Martin hardly even fights so against teams that don't mix it up a lot I'd be tempted to sit him

Babs won't though

Things Martin presence does that you dont see.
  • stops teams from targeting, running, intimidating our big 3 and our soft players all game long.

Reactions: Mad hatter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad