Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I wonder what the lineup will be when kap johnsson and Dermott come back.

Johnsson- Aaltonen- kapanen
Grundstrom- mueller- Moore
Timashov- Gauthier- Smith
Marchment-Greening-Bracco

Hopefully Engvall and Brooks get some games in. They have been playing really well!

Dermott- Holl
Borgman- Lilly
Marincin- Rosen or Loverde

Sparks
Pickard

That looks like a Calder cup winning lineup to me. Anything less would be a big disappointment.
Johnsson - Aaltonen - Kapanen
Timashov - Smith - Mueller
Marchment - Greening - Moore
Brooks - Gauthier - Bracco
ex. Grundstrom - Engvall - Baun
Clune

Dermott - Holl
Borgman - Liljegren
Rosen - Marincin
ex. Nielsen - Loverde
Lindgren

Sparks
Pickard
Kaskisuo

I'm pretty sure you have to be on the roster come deadline to be eligible to play, unless there are injured players. So, no Grundstrom, Engvall and Lindgren until injuries arise.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
Clune

Dermott - Holl
Borgman - Liljegren
Rosen - Marincin
ex. Nielsen - Loverde
Lindgren

Sparks
Pickard
Kaskisuo

I'm pretty sure you have to be on the roster come deadline to be eligible to play, unless there are injured players. So, no Grundstrom, Engvall and Lindgren until injuries arise.

Pretty sure they can play in the playoffs. Grundstrom played last year under the same conditions.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Is there any chance Sparks can usurp McEhlinney's backup spot with the big team next training camp? Would be a shame to waive him after the year he has had.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Is there any chance Sparks can usurp McEhlinney's backup spot with the big team next training camp? Would be a shame to waive him after the year he has had.
You could have one of the best, cheapest backups in the league so I would assume so yes. Some work will need to be done though this offseason with Mac, Sparks, and Pickard all needing waivers. Trade two of them, preferably keep Sparks over Pickard.

AHL team would need some goaltending until Scott/Woll can jump in there though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You could have one of the best, cheapest backups in the league so I would assume so yes. Some work will need to be done though this offseason with Mac, Sparks, and Pickard all needing waivers. Trade two of them, preferably keep Sparks over Pickard.

AHL team would need some goaltending until Scott/Woll can jump in there though.

Sparks - potential
Pickard - Pretty proven (younger) NHL back-up
McBackUp - Proven back-up, had a great year as a back up but is older

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Meaning Clune and Baun scratched up front, Nielsen and Lindgren scratched on defense.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Mostly projectable prospects fill lines 1&4, the 3rd line is pretty big, and Tima draws in with the vets.
The D pairings looking solid.
Guessing Sparxy starts?
Go Marlies go!!

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Depending upon how well Borgman plays this series, Nielsen could steal his spot in the top 6. What a fall from grace that would be for him. Otherwise, I doubt Lindgren, Clune or Baun get much time in this series.

Definitely would change if Dermott, Johnsson and Kapanen come back though. Borgman would definitely be out, and who knows who leaves at forward. Two of Moore, Timashov, Marchment, Brooks and Engvall would probably be my guess. Bracco and Greening likely stay in.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think the Comets just gave it their all. Demko was exceptional. They came really close, but unless we choke, I'm expecting a sweep. Demko is not going to be able to put up games like that every time.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Clune

Dermott - Holl
Borgman - Liljegren
Rosen - Marincin
ex. Nielsen - Loverde
Lindgren

Sparks
Pickard
Kaskisuo

Grundstrom played the 1st rd last year

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Have always been intrigued with Tima since he was drafted. Flashes of excellence in th A, very impressive in camps - showing he can hang with strong and talented players, but hasn’t really carried over high rates of production.
Hoping for a big playoff from him to springboard more into prominence. At the very least, to shine up his ‘asset’ status’.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Have always been intrigued with Tima since he was drafted. Flashes of excellence in th A, very impressive in camps - showing he can hang with strong and talented players, but hasn’t really carried over high rates of production.
Hoping for a big playoff from him to springboard more into prominence. At the very least, to shine up his ‘asset’ status’.
Being a LW could give him an advantage in our system too. Johnsson for example, may shoot all the way up to a top 6 role, where as Kapanen may still be stuck further down the lineup.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
in the ECHL, Orlando swept South Carolina in the first round.

Despite SC having 29 more points than them in the regular season and having the 3rd most in the ECHL. You don't see that every day, but then again Tri-City swept both Kelowna and Victoria despite being higher seeds, but the BC Division was absolute trash this year so it is not like being a higher seed meant much. Technically Tri-City had more points than Victoria.

Now they have to go up against Florida, who was the best team in the ECHL with 115 points (10 more than 2nd place and 40 more than Orlando had).

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
We wasted a lot of picks in the 2016 Draft.

Middleton, Bobylev, Mattinen look like they will probably just be let go. Walker has already moved on. Greenway has stalled, but still has some good tools. Chebykin seems decent.

We still got Matthews, Korshkov, Grundstrom and maybe Brooks and Woll out of that Draft, which is a win, but it seems like a missed opportunity to add some serious depth to our pool.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
We wasted a lot of picks in the 2016 Draft.

Middleton, Bobylev, Mattinen look like they will probably just be let go. Walker has already moved on. Greenway has stalled, but still has some good tools. Chebykin seems decent.

We still got Matthews, Korshkov, Grundstrom and maybe Brooks and Woll out of that Draft, which is a win, but it seems like a missed opportunity to add some serious depth to our pool.
I mean if you end up with 3-4 players from a draft any given year, that draft is a win.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Marlies won today 5-2 to take a 2-0 series lead. Engvall, Timashov, Greening, Grundström, and Moore scoring for the Marlies. Gauthier looked good and had 2 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad