Proposed Coyotes Rebrand (concept) (NEW concept on page 15)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So what does this have to do with the Coyotes? Maybe we should hold off on any hopes of new jerseys because considering the direction the league is going with the new jerseys maybe the devil we know is better than the devil we don't.

All the Yotes need to do IMO is keep the away Whites. Demote the reds to alternate. Promote the current alternate, but rework it without the stupid running Coyote. Wouldn't be the greatest sweaters ever but pretty solid.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
All the Yotes need to do IMO is keep the away Whites. Demote the reds to alternate. Promote the current alternate, but rework it without the stupid running Coyote. Wouldn't be the greatest sweaters ever but pretty solid.

Would be a huge improvement. Whites stay the same. Thirds become the home kit, but switch the primary logo for a less humiliating one.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
New Stars shirts are awful. A silver star in Dallas means Cowboys. The image is polluted forever. Jere Lehtinen can come out of retirement and score 93 goals and I'm still not buying that crap.

Hurricane shirts are OK.

rt

May 13, 2004
Uhhh? What? Silver star means boys? Huh?

In sixty plus years of Dallas Cowboys existence I can't remember any use of a silver star on their helmet. Blue the entire six plus decades, so far as I know.

If anything, the Stars now look more like the Boys arch rival up in Philly than anything he Boys have ever looked like at any point ever.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Uhhh? What? Silver star means boys? Huh?

In sixty plus years of Dallas Cowboys existence I can't remember any use of a silver star on their helmet. Blue the entire six plus decades, so far as I know.

If anything, the Stars now look more like the Boys arch rival up in Philly than anything he Boys have ever looked like at any point ever.
New Stars logo reminds me of this.

Cowboys%20Helmet.png

Not a good thing.

Edit: Yeah, that shade of green is Philly-ish, but it's more University Of North Dakota-ish. NODAK hockey is a better influence than Cowboys football.

rt

May 13, 2004
How? The logo they won the cup with looks one hundred times more like the boys logo.

By the way, sir, they play in the Lone Star State. Not strange they'd both incorporate a lone star into their look.

The Texas Rangers have a star too. As do the Houston Texans and Houston Astros and even the damn San Antonio Spurs. Even most of the minor league teams do or have. The Aeros did.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
How? The logo they won the cup with one hundred times more like the boys logo.

By the way, sir, they play in the Lone Star State. Not strange they'd both incorporate a lone star into their look.

They represent the Capitol city of the state after all. The Texas Rangers have a star too.
I have 4 Stars sweaters hanging in the closet of my guest bedroom. I know it well. Gold, black and green have always been prominent ... similarly colored silver/grey (I'm on my phone) D-on-Star logo ... maybe I'll like it when I actually see it in person.

taz24

Mar 28, 2008
Los Angeles
Love the whiteout jersey, great concept. I actually like the logo too. Wish I had talent like this. Keep on keeping on bro.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Dallas ones look pretty sick. Simple. I can't really see a difference in the hurricanes ones.

New Stars shirts are awful. A silver star in Dallas means Cowboys. The image is polluted forever. Jere Lehtinen can come out of retirement and score 93 goals and I'm still not buying that crap.

Hurricane shirts are OK.

The general consensus among sports logo and jersey enthusiasts out there (just so you guys know) is that the Dallas jerseys are considered to be an upgrade while the Hurricanes are considered to be a (major) downgrade. If you think that Stars logo looks like the Cowboys logo, then I just don't know what to say. Apples and oranges.

The Stars shift to green (away from their wordmarked black garbage from the Reebok Edge redesign), their classy striping pattern, and the interesting elements like shoulder yoke and custom number font have all been praised, while the dropping of the unique color scheme of green and gold is something that will be missed. The home jersey shares some similarities with the Blackhawks as many have pointed out. Still, although the striping isn't the most original, it's simple and way better than the old threads.

The Hurricanes update is an absolute mess. The home jersey is the equivalent to the Lightning's attempt at replicating original 6 looks like the Wings and leafs and comes across as boring and generic. The road jersey's inclusion of black and a different striping pattern than the homes creates a disjointed, inconsistent mess in their identity. The logos are far too high on the chest. The number font is also generic and while not bad looking, adds to the dreariness of the set. The Canes went from the recognizable "flag warning" look that they won a Cup in to one of the worst sets in the league.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Just take the Blackhawk's jersey , color them green and replace the logos and you have the Dallas Jersey .

Surprised it went through 230 revisions

rt

May 13, 2004
Tampa uniforms are excellent. Just so ****ing good.

Dallas uniforms are definitely good. Not bad at all.

The red Canes uniforms are terrible. Like roller hockey beer league bad. They look like the Chinese knock off Coyotes jerseys you can get on dhgate.com. They look boot leg quality. Like fifteen bucks out the back of a van. Horrendous.

The white Canes uniforms are really good. Big improvement. Well done.

rt

May 13, 2004
Eerie otters use basically the AZ flag colors. They got a pretty cool, unique color scheme. I don't like the piping but the numbers, lettering, shoulder yoke and trim are all pretty sharp. Nothing like it in the NHL. It'd be cool to have something unique and significant to the state without all the goofy southwestern tourist stuff. The state flag colors could pull that off, I'd say.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/otters-building-with-youth

Last edited:

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Animal head logos suck. That's all there is to it.
I'm a fan of the Wild's. Would I like it so much if it wasn't both an animal and 'the wild' at the same time? Not sure. I think they pulled off something great with that logo though.

I like the Coyotes head too, but I don't know how much of that is down to loving the team first and foremost.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm with you Andrew. The Wild logo is downright amazing. I didn't even notice that it was an animal head until two years ago. About a Decade went by where I really liked the logo and had no idea what it was other than a Forrest landscape. Haha. They did a fantastic job. Such a shame their uniforms have gone sad far downhill. Their innagural set were fantastic.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, I pretty much hate the Red, Blue, Gold schemes... haha To each their own

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah, I pretty much hate the Red, Blue, Gold schemes... haha To each their own

It's not my favorite. I like them bland as possible, personally. If it were up to me, we'd be maroon and white. ZERO other colors in the scheme at all. That's me.

Still, I understand the desire to have something at least somewhat representative of the state. Our team could pretty much relocate anywhere and not really have to change a stitch.

The thing I despise the most in the goofy, fake, tourist southwestern stuff. I feel like we could have traditional hockey look that isn't too silly with cactus and such, that also represents the area. State flag colors might do it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I feel like we could have traditional hockey look that isn't too silly with cactus and such, that also represents the area. State flag colors might do it.

What about a copper/bronze/sand-ish color as the main? Half of a good brand is recognizable colors. No one has claimed that as a primary yet. Hell, use purple.

rt

May 13, 2004
Nobody is really using the AZ colors any more either. Florida has gone a new direction. Scouts and Rockies are defunct. I'd really prefer the bright blue, bright red, and bright good you see in the Rockies and Scouts sets, anyhow. Sort of like how the Flyers, Canucks, Flames, and Oilers have all introduced very bright colored sort of throw back style uniforms.

Purple could be cool since it's no longer found in the league but it doesn't really have any significance.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Like your blue shirt, don't like your white one ... red/blue/yellow is a lot to have all jammed into the shoulder / arm. A yellow with red/blue shoulders / arms might be good, but four colors is roughly the point where a jersey becomes Jeff Gordon's stock car.

That rounded chest logo is a misplaced shoulder patch ... writing is too small and the paw image just doesn't pop enough. Minnesota's green/white circular writing is a better, bolder, more legible contrast than this red/yellow I think.

Like the howling coyote, don't like the moon in the red / white / A / Arizona logo ... looks too crowded. Moon might work outside the "A" but it also might look like we have 20 captains ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad