Proposed Coyotes Rebrand (concept) (NEW concept on page 15)

BOPOTA

Apr 7, 2013
Phoenix AZ
Yes, I totally agree with you that a purple backgroung in a cresent looks more visible. All I've done to that logo ( beides a purple background ) is an outline above the coyote's head to make more stand out.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
The head-only logo in the OP looks too much like a desert wildflower. I do really like the desert/cactus patch, almost as much as I like the current PHX / state silhouette patch. The one of the moon is close, but I don't think it stands alone very well ... just ... just kinda looks like a circle. Some texture on the desert floor of the cactus patch or some texture on the surface of the moon might help.

BOPOTA

Apr 7, 2013
Phoenix AZ
My hockey concepts

Thank you very much. I appreciate and respect your opinion.

An update on my newely created Tampa Bay Lightning primary logo - I decided to make it more dimentional... Your opinion,please. Thank you.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think the Vancouver one is exceptionally clever. I've never been a fan of the orca logo, but that's a very nice concept. I'd take some of the detail off the orca (eyes) and go for something a little more simple, but I really, really like that for somereason.

I think you're on to something with the bolts logo, too. If you could separate the B a bit more so that it is more stylized and simply looks like a fork branching off while still looking like a 'b'. I don't think it can be more subtle and still get the T-B concept you're trying for.

I don't care for changing the Leafs' or Flyer's logo, but the Philly one looks pretty good (absent of the fact that you're needless changing something iconic). Might look good as a shoulder patch?

The other's didn't do much for me. The Islanders' is the best of the rest, but while not bad, they didn't strike me as a big improvement on what teams currently have.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
My very crude rendering (apologies to your work!)

Attachments

• bolts.png
    bolts.png
    26 KB · Views: 17

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Came across this logo/decoration today and thought it could be an interesting concept if the Coyotes go for a rebrand.

The original:
zAJEV4s.jpg

Bear with me as I've colored it in with Paint, but essentially I've taken the dark red from our current primary, the green from the old kachina, and the background moon from this logo.

The result:
p3DwqxQ.jpg

It's probably a bit much going on for a primary logo, and may be better suited as a shoulder patch.

BOPOTA

Apr 7, 2013
Phoenix AZ
Here is what I've come up with...

Came across this logo/decoration today and thought it could be an interesting concept if the Coyotes go for a rebrand.

The original:
zAJEV4s.jpg

Bear with me as I've colored it in with Paint, but essentially I've taken the dark red from our current primary, the green from the old kachina, and the background moon from this logo.

The result:
p3DwqxQ.jpg

It's probably a bit much going on for a primary logo, and may be better suited as a shoulder patch.

I like your idea , nice approach. Here is what I've come up , so far, without changing much from the existing primary logo for the " Yotes ".

Attachments

• 1000px-Phoenix_Coyotes_svg.png
    1000px-Phoenix_Coyotes_svg.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 24

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The coyote head looks like a pig... integrate the current into the logo and jazz it up with new colors...

Other than that I love the Jersey stripes.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I like your idea , nice approach. Here is what I've come up , so far, without changing much from the existing primary logo for the " Yotes ".

I like that a lot. It would make a cool shoulder patch instead of just the flag when the primary logo isn't the head, like on the black jerseys.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we ever become the Arizona Coyotes and rebrand, I'd be curious to see some mock ups using colors similar to those found in the Arizona state flag. FC Barcelona has a fantastic brand and they use similar colors. There isn't anything like it in the NHL.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
If we ever become the Arizona Coyotes and rebrand, I'd be curious to see some mock ups using colors similar to those found in the Arizona state flag. FC Barcelona has a fantastic brand and they use similar colors. There isn't anything like it in the NHL.
Too 1980's. I don't like Barcelona's red/yellow Catalan scheme, and I don't like the blended line shirts they wore this season. The Phoenix/Arizona rebrand isn't going to convince people in Mesa or Gilbert to drive up to a weeknight game, and a funky colored jersey ... maybe a couple games a year, but not full time.

rt

May 13, 2004
Definitely don't like Barcelon's blended lines. Also, I'm not suggesting the coyotes copy Barcelona's kit. That wouldn't work for hockey at all. I just meant the AZ colors could potentially work as Barcelona has demonstrated.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Bumping this because of the jerseys that were posted today.

1. Both of the Stars jerseys are horrendous, plain and simple. The logo looks like bad clipart and the shade of green sucks. Combine the fact that the home jersey is just the Hawks' jersey with one less black stripe on the stomach with the incredibly uninspired away jerseys(despise the lone black and green stripes on the sleeves and body), these things are terrible.

2. The Hurricanes new unis leave a lot to be desired as well. They took away every unique, differentiating element and we're left with a home jersey that's 99% red with two simple white stripes on the sleeves/body and the socks. No piping, no colored stitching, not even any logo on the pants. If the jerseys were blue people would make fun of them for looking like smurfs.

The away jersey is a better, I like the black and red striping on the jersey, and they actually brought a new element to the edge template, extending the yoke and putting the name plate on it. The problem though? It just SCREAMS Team Canada to me. Oh and I don't like how they aligned the hurricane on the front. it's almost touching the captain's letter, but then there's a foot of space between it and the striping at the bottom.

So what does this have to do with the Coyotes? Maybe we should hold off on any hopes of new jerseys because considering the direction the league is going with the new jerseys maybe the devil we know is better than the devil we don't.

rt

May 13, 2004
You are nuts. The Stars have some of the best kits in the NHL right now. They are EXCELLENT.

BL9RhJuCUAIdQsZ.jpg:large

The Canes' roadies look good, but their home set is even more pajama like and terrible than ours.
22498585_SS.jpg

rt

May 13, 2004
I like Boston, Buffalo's alternates, Calgary's alternates, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton's alternates, Montreal, New Jersey, Philly, Tampa, Toronto, and Washington's alternates more than anything out there right now.

There are 30 home/aways and probably 15 alternates out there. Of those 45, I count Dallas in the top 13.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Bumping this because of the jerseys that were posted today.

1. Both of the Stars jerseys are horrendous, plain and simple. The logo looks like bad clipart and the shade of green sucks. Combine the fact that the home jersey is just the Hawks' jersey with one less black stripe on the stomach with the incredibly uninspired away jerseys(despise the lone black and green stripes on the sleeves and body), these things are terrible.

2. The Hurricanes new unis leave a lot to be desired as well. They took away every unique, differentiating element and we're left with a home jersey that's 99% red with two simple white stripes on the sleeves/body and the socks. No piping, no colored stitching, not even any logo on the pants. If the jerseys were blue people would make fun of them for looking like smurfs.

The away jersey is a better, I like the black and red striping on the jersey, and they actually brought a new element to the edge template, extending the yoke and putting the name plate on it. The problem though? It just SCREAMS Team Canada to me. Oh and I don't like how they aligned the hurricane on the front. it's almost touching the captain's letter, but then there's a foot of space between it and the striping at the bottom.

So what does this have to do with the Coyotes? Maybe we should hold off on any hopes of new jerseys because considering the direction the league is going with the new jerseys maybe the devil we know is better than the devil we don't.

This is literally exactly how I feel about these uniforms as well. I was going to post something to this effect but you beat me to it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad