Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
- Move Ullmark, you might have the money to keep him but he’s a luxury not a necessity.

- Resign DeBrusk if you can on reasonable terms

- Lindholm / Monahan

- Depth pieces
March Monahan Pasta
Zacha Domi Merk/Lysell
Poitras Coyle Geekie
Beecher Boquist Brazeau

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Wotherspoon Peeke

Swayman
Bussi

Ullmark traded for picks

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Stephenson is absolutely better than Zacha. Granted last PO in an outlier but he had 10G in 22G. Put him with #88 and he would hit his prior career high in points of 64. He is also more physical than Zacha and faster.
HUH

I hope they have some conversations with Hanifan and some of the other top D. If Lohrei can take some bottom 6 minutes and give us a truly deep D core, that’d be great.
Hanafin has signed with Vegas, but you can have a conversation with him if you like, I am sure he would enjoy.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
- Sign a big ticket winger ( Guenztel )

- Sign a middle 6 winger with jam ( Joshua )

- Sign Zadorov

- Trade Ullmark for picks to recoup draft cupboard

Guentzel -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Geekie

Joshua -- Frederic -- Braz

Heinen -- Beecher -- Lauko

Poitras
Lysell

Lohrei -- Mcavoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Zadorov -- Peeke

Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

What is the cap going up to, because this looks like around 92 million to me.

Even if you get Lohrei on the cheap for the first pairing, you can;t afford to spend 5-6 million on your 3rd pairing LHD, and 8-9 million on the 3rd pairing overall

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
What is the cap going up to, because this looks like around 92 million to me.

Even if you get Lohrei on the cheap for the first pairing, you can;t afford to spend 5-6 million on your 3rd pairing LHD, and 8-9 million on the 3rd pairing overall

Not to mention I really doubt they go into another season without a center capable to win important faceoffs.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
HUH

Hanafin has signed with Vegas, but you can have a conversation with him if you like, I am sure he would enjoy.
Stephenson has a career high 64 points with Vegas. Put him with Pastrnak and he will produce more than 64 points. He is an upgrade over Zacha for sure. He was behind Eichel and Karl son in Vegas.

Not saying he is my 1st or 2nd choice but he is better than Zacha.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

- Sign Zadorov

Poitras
Lysell

Lohrei -- Mcavoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Zadorov -- Peeke

Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
Like it, but give Lysell another year to dominate in AHL, replace with Merkulov in your lineup

Also like post 26

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Blue line looks decent right now but could stand to add a piece.

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindhom-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
???

I've warmed up to letting DeBrusk walk. He's solid, good PKer, but just doesn't bring it to the level we know he can consistently enough to warrant giving a big deal to. I also feel no need to rush getting a center. I don't want to go out and get one just to get one, I'd like the team to take the time to find the right guy. Maybe there's a middle six guy you can get for a decent deal so we can move Zacha back to wing. I just don't want to see a huge deal given to someone like Lindholm who may have another good season or two in him before his contract becomes an anchor.

Swayman extension is definitely priority #1. Ullmark is now the clear #2, which hopefully makes him more open to a trade.
Adding Wotherspoon and Peeke was extraordinary for stabilizing the rotation going forward. They can be a better third pair than Boston has had for a while.

I’ve been beating the drum that adding a top 4 left defensman is essential in the off-season. If Lohrei continues to play llike he did in game 7 it might not be as critical. the Buins defense should be very solid next year.

Lohrei - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Wotherspoon - Peeke

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Adding Wotherspoon and Peeke was extraordinary for stabilizing the rotation going forward. They can be a better third pair than Boston has had for a while.

I’ve been beating the drum that adding a top 4 left defensman is essential in the off-season. If Lohrei continues to play llike he did in game 7 it might not be as critical. the Buins defense should be very solid next year.

Lohrei - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Wotherspoon - Peeke

Ideally you are able to add another 3rd pairing D who can play both sides and is a physical presence for 2 mil or less . Unless they really believe Regula is ready to play

Reactions: Alan Ryan

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
ROSTER

LONG-TERM OUTLOOK

EMBED

TEXT-EMBED

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,500,000$86,129,167$50,000$542,500$1,370,833
Delete PlayerBuyoutAdd to Trade

Prorated Cap Hit

Roster​

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Zacha, Pavel
$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Lindholm, Elias
$8,000,000
C, RW
UFA
Pastrnak, David
$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
Marchand, Brad
$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Waivers Exempt
Poitras, Matthew
$870,000 (
Performance Bonus
$80,000)
C
RFA - 2
Waivers Exempt
Lysell, Fabian
$863,333 (
Performance Bonus
$212,500)
RW
RFA - 2
Frederic, Trent
$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Coyle, Charlie
$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Geekie, Morgan
$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
Joshua, Dakota
$3,500,000
LW
UFA
Waivers Exempt
Beecher, John
$925,000
C
RFA - 1
Waivers Exempt
Brazeau, Justin
$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
Lauko, Jakub
$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
RW5
LW6
Roster created at CapFriendly.com | Follow on Twitter @CapFriendly
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Waivers Exempt
Lohrei, Mason
$925,000 (
Performance Bonus
$250,000)
LD
RFA - 1
McAvoy, Charlie
$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
Swayman, Jeremy
$7,000,000
G
RFA
Lindholm, Hampus
$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
Carlo, Brandon
$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
DiPietro, Michael
$775,000
Edit

G
RFA - 1
Zadorov, Nikita
$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA
Peeke, Andrew
$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
G3
Wotherspoon, Parker
$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
RD4

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Stephenson is absolutely better than Zacha. Granted last PO in an outlier but he had 10G in 22G. Put him with #88 and he would hit his prior career high in points of 64. He is also more physical than Zacha and faster.
Stephenson: 16G 35A -9
Zacha: 21G 38A +12
Coyle: 25G 35A -2

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Not advocating to bring Stephenson in, but Stephenson had 65 and 64 points two the years before.

He’s been better offensively and at faceoffs since full seasons resumed post covid.

My question would be is if Ullmark is moved could Stephenson be cheap enough where they would be able to sign both Debrusk and someone like teuvo teravainen.

Theyll have roughly $27mil if ullmark is moved. Can they fit Stephenson(6 AAV?), Teraveinen(6AAV?), debrusk(5AAV?) and Swayman(8AAV?) in under $27mil?

Zacha-stephenson-Pastrnak
Marchand-poitras-debrusk
teraveinen-coyle-frederic
beecher-boqvist-brazzeau

Lohrei-Mvacoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke

Swayman
Bussi

Thats a much more talented forward group than we have now. Or you can take out teraveinen,, put in lysell and use that money for better defense

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Reinhart 57 G, 37 A, 94 pts, +29. He would be crazy not to test free agency after that year he just had. It's time we go after the big fish and get this guy next to Pasta for the next 6-7 years.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My question would be is if Ullmark is moved could Stephenson be cheap enough where they would be able to sign both Debrusk and someone like teuvo teravainen.

Theyll have roughly $27mil if ullmark is moved. Can they fit Stephenson(6 AAV?), Teraveinen(6AAV?), debrusk(5AAV?) and Swayman(8AAV?) in under $27mil?

You really want to double down on mid-level B-level players at or approaching their 30s with their best years already behind them.

Salary cap jail is that way -------------------->

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You really want to double down on mid-level B-level players at or approaching their 30s with their best years already behind them.

Salary cap jail is that way -------------------->

No I don’t want to. I started the post by saying I’m not advocating for brining Stephenson in.

It was more of a reply to the conversation going on. Honestly depending on term I’d consider it.

Also we wouldn’t even be close to cap jail at all. The following season we free up $8mil between Coyle and Peeke, Reilly’s dead cap of off the books from his buyout, and the cap also goes up.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No I don’t want to. I started the post by saying I’m not advocating for brining Stephenson in.

It was more of a reply to the conversation going on. Honestly depending on term I’d consider it.

Also we wouldn’t even be close to cap jail at all. The following season we free up $8mil between Coyle and Peeke, Reilly’s dead cap of off the books from his buyout, and the cap also goes up.

I can live with Debrusk because he's 27 and he's their player. Free agency this summer is a pile of mediocrity I'd just rather the Bruins save their money for when a real impactful forward in his prime becomes available.

That being said, I'd be almost shocked if Elias Lindholm isn't a Bruin next year. I think they will pursue him very hard.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I can live with Debrusk because he's 27 and he's their player. Free agency this summer is a pile of mediocrity I'd just rather the Bruins save their money for when a real impactful forward in his prime becomes available.

That being said, I'd be almost shocked if Elias Lindholm isn't a Bruin next year. I think they will pursue him very hard.

I want to trade ullmark for draft picks. Then package his return with Zacha and see what we can get for a younger #1 center than what’s on the market.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Stephenson has a career high 64 points with Vegas. Put him with Pastrnak and he will produce more than 64 points. He is an upgrade over Zacha for sure. He was behind Eichel and Karl son in Vegas.

Not saying he is my 1st or 2nd choice but he is better than Zacha.
I am not so sure about that, but I am sure that he needs a new contract and he is 4 years older than Zacha.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
[/QUOTE]
I want to trade ullmark for draft picks. Then package his return with Zacha and see what we can get for a younger #1 center than what’s on the market.

Its tough to get a good #1C.
I am not so sure about that, but I am sure that he needs a new contract and he is 4 years older than Zacha.

I'm well aware of his age but I am also aware of #18 PO history of no goals in 18 career PO games. I already Saud not my 1st or 2nd choice but depending on term and dollars I would consider him.

I'm willing to wait until PO are over regarding #18 but if he plays like this against Fla
I absolutely pay #74 $6M and trade #18 easily.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Its tough to get a good #1C.

I'm willing to wait until PO are over regarding #18 but if he plays like this against Fla
Iasily.
[/QUOTE]

It is but Zacha has been a complete dud in the playoffs his whole career and Coyle isn’t doing well combined with his contact up soon.

They desperately need to find something at the position

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Better chance of getting Cole Sillinger for Poitras and Zacha then anything with Ullmark.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
Priority one in my opinion needs to be a high end forward to play with Pasta. I think the biggest bang for the buck is the skill guy who can make Pasta better and be made better by Pasta. Thinking someone with speed and skill. Obviously these guys are expensive and coveted, but the lack of high end talent on offense is a glaring weakness on this team. Zacha isn’t good enough and Marchand is just getting too old.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Priority one in my opinion needs to be a high end forward to play with Pasta. I think the biggest bang for the buck is the skill guy who can make Pasta better and be made better by Pasta. Thinking someone with speed and skill. Obviously these guys are expensive and coveted, but the lack of high end talent on offense is a glaring weakness on this team. Zacha isn’t good enough and Marchand is just getting too old.

Well I doubt you are getting that talent in a trade. Probably less than 5% chance, so
it leaves you with FA and Rienhart
Well ideally they trade Ullmark for the keumper package of a 1st/3rd/mid prospect.

What Zacha, 1st, 3rd and a mid prospect as far as a #1 center?

Ullmark still has a NTC right? Most teams with good young centers aren't very good or probably are on his NT list.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

- Sign Zadorov

Poitras
Lysell

Lohrei -- Mcavoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Zadorov -- Peeke

Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi
I love everything about this but they cannot have there top two centers be Coyle and Zacha next year. Coyle has never put up points in the playoffs and Zacha has really seemed overmatched. Lindholm with Pasta puts up 70+ points, is a very good defensive center and good on faceoffs. You can also use Ullmark to try and get a center or be the key piece of a deal for a center. Would also look to add Duhaime.
Would like to think Braz or Lysell can displace Geekie in top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway