Proposal: Proposal: Pittsburgh-Toronto

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Sheary has literally played 8 games for us since we traded for him on at the deadline. I guess the 61 other games we played prior to reacquiring Sheary don't count? "Your" incorrect just like your grammar, bud. Simon has been there the majority of the year just like he was last year. Fortunately, with the acquisition of Sheary and Zucker, it's pushed him down the the lineup and before you say that would happen to Kapanen, please keep in that the moment something goes wrong.... Sullivan LOVES to throw Sheary in as a depth scoring forward in the bottom 6. We honestly have no way of knowing where Sullivan would play him, but to think he wouldn't get a sniff with Sid or Geno is just flat out asinine. :thumbu:
He doesnt fit with sid... we have seen countless wingers who a very good that just dont mesh... sid has his linemates... when jake comes back its clearer....top 6 is easy geno sid jake zucker rust hornqvist
..kapanen is a thrid line guy on pens... McCann sheary simon can all fill in if needed in a revolving order if needed. This isn't that hard pal....

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
You missed the part where I said signed in the last two years after putting up 30 points.

If anything the Hyman contract is further justification McCann’s raise will be more than 3 mil.
Frank vatrano....florida over 30 points.. age 28... under 3 mil....

Jake debrusk another who is due for a raise... again over 30 points.. age 23 same as McCann. He will get over 3 mil...he make under a mil now...

As you can see 2.8 ish is where its gonna fall of with Pittsburgh. He may get a hair more somewhere else ... cant wait till the contract is signed ...I bookmarked you for the " yes you were right ".... sweeeeeeet

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014

Jake debrusk another who is due for a raise... again over 30 points.. age 23 same as McCann. He will get over 3 mil...he make under a mil now...

As you can see 2.8 ish is where its gonna fall of with Pittsburgh. He may get a hair more somewhere else ... cant wait till the contract is signed ...I bookmarked you for the " yes you were right ".... sweeeeeeet
The only reason why he'll likely sign for less than 3 is cause of the circumstances the league is in right now. If not for the corona virus I bet he'd be getting at least 3.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Is season over yet ? What did I miss ?? He is RFA...no need to panic... he likes Pittsburgh. They obviously cant resign Shultz... alot will depend of the goalie situation
Oh ok, so in other words.. if ANA offered Silfverberg for McCann right now Pitt would say no and 1 reason is contract.

Of course:
1) there is no season right now
2) if there was a season the trade deadline already happened anyway

But you totally agree that when get to the 20-21 season, McCann will not be "way cheaper".

Gotcha.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Oh ok, so in other words.. if ANA offered Silfverberg for McCann right now Pitt would say no and 1 reason is contract.

Of course:
1) there is no season right now
2) if there was a season the trade deadline already happened anyway

But you totally agree that when get to the 20-21 season, McCann will not be "way cheaper".

Gotcha.
McCann will be cheaper younger and more versatile. This is easy. Silf was a minus player last year and 0 this year I believe while McCann is a solid plus.
I truly believe if this is a long term trade pens say NO. If it was a short term trade deadline style deal for the playoffs when both player on expiring contracts or pitt needs to shed salary then it might be different

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
The only reason why he'll likely sign for less than 3 is cause of the circumstances the league is in right now. If not for the corona virus I bet he'd be getting at least 3.
He wont be far off in Pitt.. my prediction is 2.8 or so for 3 to4 years . He probably get 3 plus in some markets

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
McCann will be cheaper younger and more versatile. This is easy. Silf was a minus player last year and 0 this year I believe while McCann is a solid plus.
I truly believe if this is a long term trade pens say NO. If it was a short term trade deadline style deal for the playoffs when both player on expiring contracts or pitt needs to shed salary then it might be different
Great points about +/-!!!!

I agree, that's a super important stat when comparing players on different teams. Good call!

btw....

I guess Carter Rowney (+5 on a bad team) must be better than Sidney Crosby (-8 on a very good team). Plus Rowney is YOUNGER and always will be!! And he's cheaper. Plus he's more versatile.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Vatrano was signed during his sole 30 pt season and was also signed before he put up 30 pts.

Debrusk has not been signed. You still have yet to make a point.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Vatrano was signed during his sole 30 pt season and was also signed before he put up 30 pts.

Debrusk has not been signed. You still have yet to make a point.
Perfect points made .. you still havent convinced me what McCann is going to get 3 plus from pitt.. why ..cause it's not gonna happen aleast not this season....point is there are countless players making 3 mil or less putting up 30 to 40 points around the league. McCann will be one of them

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Perfect points made .. you still havent convinced me what McCann is going to get 3 plus from pitt.. why ..cause it's not gonna happen aleast not this season....point is there are countless players making 3 mil or less putting up 30 to 40 points around the league. McCann will be one of them

Kapanen, Johansson, Kerfoot have all set the value for McCann. Buchnevich and Colin White are also good examples. I guess you could use Beauviller and Sundqvist as reasons for your contract structure, but I just don’t see them being as consistent. And Beau doesn’t play C.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad