Proposal: Proposal: Pittsburgh-Toronto

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Word from flames is they were going to let him walk ... afterall they shipped him to Toronto only to have deal declined. I think they will look st brodie as a back up plan... I think he is a good fit

Well they have Hamonic and Brodie as RD UFA's. They can't lose both of them. They have Rasmus Andersson and Michael Stone as their other RHD. Stone is bottom pairing and Andersson is fine on the second pairing it seems. If they let Brodie walk then they need to fill a spot on their top pairing. I don't see the point of letting Brodie walk and then having to replace him unless he prices himself out of Calgary, which in that case he is probably priced out of Toronto as well.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Kapanen on a line with Sid or Geno would be dangerous. Don't be silly. He'd be a nice complimentary piece, but not a star.
Pittsburgh aren't trading McCann for Kapanen.
McCann will be signed in Pittsburgh .

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
McCann as a center is more valuable to Pittsburgh than Kapanen would be as a third line winger .
oh, so you somehow managed to be even more wrong, habs fan. kap would be on the top-6 with either sid or geno.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it's a moot point to discuss whether the Penguins would do McCann for Kapanen, because I know the Leafs wouldn't. I think the value is totally reasonable, but what does McCann do for the Leafs that Kerfoot doesn't? McCann's better, but you don't trade for a slightly better version of a player you already have.

If we insist on talking about it, I think JR would heavily consider this, especially considering he loved Kapanen when he drafted him in 2014. Getting a RWer for Crosby and allowing Blueger to slide up to the 3C spot seems like a reasonable idea for the Penguins to do.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I dunno all the Pittsburgh line combos but isn't their top 6 something like this when healthy?

Sid
Geno
Guentzel
Rust
Hornqvist
Zucker

Where exactly does Kapanen fit into the top 6? I'm not saying that Kapanen can't hang with those guys but where is the need? If Pittsburgh is looking to bolster their 3rd line then surely there are cheaper options out there.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I dunno all the Pittsburgh line combos but isn't their top 6 something like this when healthy?

Sid
Geno
Guentzel
Rust
Hornqvist
Zucker

Where exactly does Kapanen fit into the top 6? I'm not saying that Kapanen can't hang with those guys but where is the need? If Pittsburgh is looking to bolster their 3rd line then surely there are cheaper options out there.
i don't think hornqvist plays in the top-6

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Sid
Geno
Guentzel
Rust
Hornqvist
Zucker

Hornqvist is on the 3rd line going forward. Kapanen would fit on Crosby's RW with either Zucker or Guentzel.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Kapanen on a line with Sid or Geno would be dangerous. Don't be silly. He'd be a nice complimentary piece, but not a star.
God no.... kapanen doesn't rot with sid at all.. zero chance..maybe geno but doubt it ..he a thrid line guy like Toronto. Sullivan would not like kapanen anywhere near top 6 .

Sid jake zucker
Geno rust hornqvist

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
No interest in Jared McCann for any top 6 type asset.

Pitts top 6 looks good although the end of the season there was pretty bad, especially defensively. I think Pittsburgh was ranked somewhere around the top 5 for most of the season, then at the end, only Chicago was worse. Kap would help with that.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
No interest in Jared McCann for any top 6 type asset.

Pitts top 6 looks good although the end of the season there was pretty bad, especially defensively. I think Pittsburgh was ranked somewhere around the top 5 for most of the season, then at the end, only Chicago was worse. Kap would help with that.
Kap isnt close to a top 6 with pitt...mccann is pretty equal value ... I'd say keep kap and ship him for a d man and we keep 23 year McCann who can play up and down lineup

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Points per game very similar. McCann can play center .. more versatile... slumps happen. Kapanen wasnt good at start and McCann was .. what's your narrow point? Corsi pretty close too.. they both can play on PK...mccann would fill kore of what the leafs need . Kapanen would be third line winger on pens at best. McCann a third line center. Read below buddy...I think most pens fans fine with keeping McCann over kapanen or AJ..

Maybe this would be a good thread, to convince some Pittsburgh fans, that Schultz is a great two way D, and excellent on the PK, like you've been trying to do in other threads...

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, you know, Kapanen is a nice piece. He's got a higher ceiling than McCann and my nostalgia given that the Pens drafted him and then sent him out before he got a chance to wear the uniform makes me want him back.

This trade though, it isn't a good fit for either team. McCann is slotting in as the long term 3C who can move up to C or either W in the top 6 in case of injuries. He's got a ton of value for the Pens.

As has already been pointed out, Kap might be expendable, but if they move him it needs to be for young, cheap D help, not a middle 6 C/W.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yeah, you know, Kapanen is a nice piece. He's got a higher ceiling than McCann and my nostalgia given that the Pens drafted him and then sent him out before he got a chance to wear the uniform makes me want him back.

This trade though, it isn't a good fit for either team. McCann is slotting in as the long term 3C who can move up to C or either W in the top 6 in case of injuries. He's got a ton of value for the Pens.

As has already been pointed out, Kap might be expendable, but if they move him it needs to be for young, cheap D help, not a middle 6 C/W.
Absolutely agree.... makes little sense for either team

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Maybe this would be a good thread, to convince some Pittsburgh fans, that Schultz is a great two way D, and excellent on the PK, like you've been trying to do in other threads...
Shultz has had a off year... he has been hit hard by injuries but we all saw what he could do. From playing top line mins when letang was down to being the quarter back on the PP which had crosby kessel Malkin.
He is set to be a free agent and a RHR to boot. He will get paid someone as it looks like his days in pitt are done.. while not a defensive defender he is understated in his own end. He would be a solid 4/5 on almost any team not named the Oilers... real penguins fans know this .. after all they loved theiugh back to back cups recently

:nod:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Mcann >>> Kerfoot. Why would Pens do this? He’s way cheaper, more productive and way bigger/stronger/grittier.
Not disagreeing with the last couple points, but the "way cheaper" thing isn't going to be true by the time the NHL plays again. McCann is an RFA and will get something similar to Kerfoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad