Proposal: Proposal: Pittsburgh-Toronto

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Not disagreeing with the last couple points, but the "way cheaper" thing isn't going to be true by the time the NHL plays again. McCann is an RFA and will get something similar to Kerfoot.
Yes cross that road when it comes though

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Is season over yet ? What did I miss ?? He is RFA...no need to panic... he likes Pittsburgh. They obviously cant resign Shultz... alot will depend of the goalie situation

The trade this thread is about could only be hypothetically completed after the season. McCann will be making over 3 million at that point unless JR gives him a straight to UFA contract and McCann is likely still making 3 million then.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I like mccann but 3 mil would be pushing it ... I can see a 3 year deal for 2.5 to 2.8.....pens can afford but there going to be some sacrifices

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
No chance in hell he is getting nearly a mil less than Tanev. You’re drunk.
Not quite the same.

1. Tanev was signed as a UFA. McCann already settled in pitt.
2. 3 mil would be over twice his cap hit now. While he been good he ain't been twice as good.
3. Tanev is over paid.

He will come in around 2.5 to 2.8.. unless its a bridge than i can see 3.5 for 1 year . There is lots of interest around the league and he has no say if he traded. If its sticky flip him . Bjugstad leaving should be room

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Kap isnt close to a top 6 with pitt...mccann is pretty equal value ... I'd say keep kap and ship him for a d man and we keep 23 year McCann who can play up and down lineup

Don't be such a homer. Kapanen would be def play in our top 6. Simon played on the first line for an EMBARRASSING length of time. If you think Kapenen wouldn't immediately replace him then you're kidding yourself.

HF has gone to hell. :laugh:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Don't be such a homer. Kapanen would be def play in our top 6. Simon played on the first line for an EMBARRASSING length of time. If you think Kapenen wouldn't immediately replace him then you're kidding yourself.

HF has gone to hell. :laugh:
Your incorrect. Simon didn't play in top 6 once sheary was acquired. I believe it was sid zucker and sheary. Geno rust hornqvist. Remember jake is hurt so your not getting a true top 6. Sid likes playing with Simon and he is a favorite of Sullivan.
Kapanen couldnt crack top 6 in Toronto. He plays on third line . Doenst play with marner matthews or tavares most of the time. What makes you think he gonna play with sid ( zero chance) or geno ( possible but unlikely). He a third line guy on pens like Toronto.

Dont kid yourself pal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Not quite the same.

1. Tanev was signed as a UFA. McCann already settled in pitt.
2. 3 mil would be over twice his cap hit now. While he been good he ain't been twice as good.
3. Tanev is over paid.

He will come in around 2.5 to 2.8.. unless its a bridge than i can see 3.5 for 1 year . There is lots of interest around the league and he has no say if he traded. If its sticky flip him . Bjugstad leaving should be room

Want to make a bet on that?

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
wasn't trying to switch him with kapanen :facepalm:
Well this offer seems a bit more than realistic value wise. But adding in Kerfoot to even out the return on value means the Pens are adding 6.5 zillion in salary without the ability to settle those numbers by moving McCann as he's an RFA. Plus with McCann already on the Pens,, and already being the better fit in a position of vast need, I'm not sure why you would feel the need to add a third player who only muddies the picture. who because of McCann,, is redundant, and a worse fit, and the only needle he moves for Pitt is in the salary column. I do think that there is a deal to be made which would beneficial for both teams but both too, are so cap tight always that it has to be one for one. And the above deal reminds me that I don't want to move McCann at all. However in the same deal above it shows us that there is someone which would help the Leafs and the who,, while valuable to Pitt is redundant because of McCann. And since you brought him up out of the same blue I believe that your interest is high and this keeps McCann off the trade market, gives Pitt a solid, young winger (not the band as that would have been a upper case W and because their age and contract I only see Pitt possibly getting a 6th or 7th rounder from anyone unless a team desperate through injuries gives maybe a late 5th) and the Toronto the C. Thus taking McCann out the deal falls back to the two player swap that seems more appropriate.You get the guy you are brought up and are interested in as well, thus making it:

Kerfoot for Kapanen

One for one, salary relatively even and obviously your favorite team now has your favorite player which is worth more than a thousand word picture weighing golden pounds

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Ok.

# 1. Name your terms.

# 2. Name me a player that put up 30+ two seasons in a row in the last two years on their second contract that got less than 3 mil as an RFA.

1. A simple your were right when McCann signs shorter term for a hair under 3.. with pitt

2. First player that comes to mind is zac Hyman of the leafs .. over 30 points . Solid player and 2.5 mil cap hit ... there are countless more ... I like McCann but Hyman is better

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
1. A simple your were right when McCann signs shorter term for a hair under 3.. with pitt

2. First player that comes to mind is zac Hyman of the leafs .. over 30 points . Solid player and 2.5 mil cap hit ... there are countless more ... I like McCann but Hyman is better
Hyman signed his contract after his 28 point rookie season in the summer of 2017...

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA

Lol. Wait a second. You have Hyman over Kapanen and Silf?

Also, you realize Hyman signed his contract after a 10 goal and 18 assist season right?

For reference McCann did that in Florida when they decided he was expendable then McCann put up 52 pts in 92 games including 25 goals.

More evidence you have no f***ing clue what you are talking about.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Lol. Wait a second. You have Hyman over Kapanen and Silf?

Also, you realize Hyman signed his contract after a 10 goal and 18 assist season right?

For reference McCann did that in Florida when they decided he was expendable then McCann put up 52 pts in 92 games including 25 goals.

More evidence you have no f***ing clue what you are talking about.
You asked for a player who score over 30 points that makes under 3 mil... forward. Hyman routinely plays in top 6. This is easy... there are tons more
. So pal a simple you were right is all I want at the end

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
so basically now then? lol.

yeah nah. hard pass on this one. Leafs already have a 3.5mil 3C, and he has been more productive than Mcann

either you are terrible at math or you neglected to check the stats. Which is it?

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Your incorrect. Simon didn't play in top 6 once sheary was acquired. I believe it was sid zucker and sheary. Geno rust hornqvist. Remember jake is hurt so your not getting a true top 6. Sid likes playing with Simon and he is a favorite of Sullivan.
Kapanen couldnt crack top 6 in Toronto. He plays on third line . Doenst play with marner matthews or tavares most of the time. What makes you think he gonna play with sid ( zero chance) or geno ( possible but unlikely). He a third line guy on pens like Toronto.

Dont kid yourself pal.

Sheary has literally played 8 games for us since we traded for him on at the deadline. I guess the 61 other games we played prior to reacquiring Sheary don't count? "Your" incorrect just like your grammar, bud. Simon has been there the majority of the year just like he was last year. Fortunately, with the acquisition of Sheary and Zucker, it's pushed him down the the lineup and before you say that would happen to Kapanen, please keep in that the moment something goes wrong.... Sullivan LOVES to throw Sheary in as a depth scoring forward in the bottom 6. We honestly have no way of knowing where Sullivan would play him, but to think he wouldn't get a sniff with Sid or Geno is just flat out asinine. :thumbu:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
You asked for a player who score over 30 points that makes under 3 mil... forward. Hyman routinely plays in top 6. This is easy... there are tons more
. So pal a simple you were right is all I want at the end

You missed the part where I said signed in the last two years after putting up 30 points.

If anything the Hyman contract is further justification McCann’s raise will be more than 3 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad