B. Tkachuk - Thompson - Tuch

Q. Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
Werenski - Faber

Hellebuyck
Oettinger
Demko
Terry? I’d rather have Keller, Guenztel or Debrincat

Tage Thompson has the skill to make this team, but if he’s playing “cold” like he is now in 2026, he’s getting replaced. The USA just has too much talent.

Nice D-core

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns now NHL/AHL

A Team

Mikael Granlund - Aleksander Barkov - Mikko Rantanen
Artturi Lehkonen - Sebastian Aho - Teuvo Teräväinen
Matias Maccelli - Roope Hintz - Eeli Tolvanen
Eetu Luostarinen - Anton Lundell - Erik Haula
Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Niko Mikkola - Miro Heiskanen
Esa Lindell - Jani Hakanpää
Olli Määttä - Rasmus Ristolainen
Henri Jokiharju

Juuse Saros
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Kevin Lankinen

B Team

Patrik Laine - Juuso Pärssinen - Kaapo Kakko
Kasperi Kapanen - Rasmus Kupari - Joel Armia
Valtteri Puustinen - Brad Lambert - Jesse Puljujärvi
Joel Kiviranta - Aatu Räty - Waltteri Merelä
Jesse Ylönen

Juuso Välimäki - Urho Vaakanainen
Ville Heinola - Topi Niemelä
Santeri Hatakka - Nikolas Matinpalo
Robin Salo

Ville Husso
Joonas Korpisalo
Kaapo Kähkönen

C Team

Roby Järventie - Otto Koivula - Samu Tuomaala
Mikael Pyyhtiä - Roni Hirvonen - Joakim Kemell
Joona Koppanen - Ville Petman - Aku Räty
Eetu Liukas - Samuel Helenius - Antti Saarela
Henri Nikkanen

Mikko Kokkonen - Lassi Thomson
Christoffer Sedoff - Ville Ottavainen
Valtteri Pulli - Santtu Kinnunen
Markus Niemeläinen

Justus Annunen
Antti Raanta
Joel Blomqvist

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I too agree with you regarding Nurse’s play on Edmonton. He’s actually not a bad player, it just his contract that makes him look bad. I just think we have better defencemen than Nurse. Pelech and Weegar are better shutdown guys. Dunn, Chabot and Reilly are just as good as offensive options
I really haven't looked into it too closely as to who will be running the teams ect but this is an all star game replacement and my bet is that Bouchard would be more likely to go than Nurse as it's a showcase event not an IIHF sanctioned one as far as I know.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really haven't looked into it too closely as to who will be running the teams ect but this is an all star game replacement and my bet is that Bouchard would be more likely to go than Nurse as it's a showcase event not an IIHF sanctioned one as far as I know.

I think the rosters will be named with just as much responsibility as an Olympic team would be. It is an all star replacement for the league, but it will be taken very seriously by everyone involved. Even the last world cup, despite the two gimmicky teams, ended up being taken very seriously.

With that in mind I don't think there's much of a chance for Bouchard. On the right side, Makar and Dobson will more than take care of the offense, and then you have stalwart options like Ekblad or Doughty. Bouchard is a great offensive player but they have that covered.

I think Nurse has a better chance. On the left, Toews, Morrissey, Pelech, and Theodore might all be ahead of Nurse, but he could surpass some of them with a strong run of play. It's not as clear to me.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think the rosters will be named with just as much responsibility as an Olympic team would be. It is an all star replacement for the league, but it will be taken very seriously by everyone involved. Even the last world cup, despite the two gimmicky teams, ended up being taken very seriously.

With that in mind I don't think there's much of a chance for Bouchard. On the right side, Makar and Dobson will more than take care of the offense, and then you have stalwart options like Ekblad or Doughty. Bouchard is a great offensive player but they have that covered.

I think Nurse has a better chance. On the left, Toews, Morrissey, Pelech, and Theodore might all be ahead of Nurse, but he could surpass some of them with a strong run of play. It's not as clear to me.
That's fair and frankly I haven't given a ton of thought to the rosters although I do wonder about how serious an in season tournament will be after all it is replacing the all Star game.

I guess time will tell.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Crosby-MacKinnon-Bedard

McDavid-Point-Marner

Marchand-Thomas-Reinhart

Suzuki-Nugent-Hopkins-Konecny

Barzal

Toews-Makar

Morrisey- Dobson

Theodore-Pietrangelo

Power

Hill

Skinner

Jarry

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Sure it could happen and I'm sure I will be told multiple times from some extra enthusiastic posters on how under rated the Finns will be.

It's just better to be better IMO.
I think that's the experience? From 1996 - 2016 there were 8 Best on Best tournaments and e.g. The "mighty" USA actually didn't do much better than Finland. Everyone has a very difficult time against a well-oiled Finnish team. History shows that!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think that's the experience? From 1996 - 2016 there were 8 Best on Best tournaments and e.g. The "mighty" USA actually didn't do much better than Finland. Everyone has a very difficult time against a well-oiled Finnish team. History shows that!
This isn't going to be a "well-oiled team" though, but a bunch of guys with little prior experience playing with one another.

Reactions: wetcoast

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
This isn't going to be a "well-oiled team" though, but a bunch of guys with little prior experience playing with one another.
Yes, perhaps I expressed myself a bit unhappily. In any case, Finnish teams find each other quite quickly. Hopefully in this tournament too!

Reactions: THE JAM

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Hyman McDavid Reinhart
Thomas MacKinnon Marner
Marchand Crosby Point
McTavish Scheifele Stone

Toews Makar
Morrissey Dobson
Theodore Pietrangelo
Pelech Doughty

Hill
Skinner
Ingram

Tkachuk Matthews Keller
Kreider Miller Hughes
Robertson Eichel Connor
Tkachuk Larkin Debrincat
Beniers

Hughes McAvoy
Slavin Fox
Hanafin Carlson
McDonagh

Hellebuyck
Demko
Oettinger

Landeskog Pettersson Nylander
Bratt Zibanejad Kempe
Forsberg Carlsson Lindholm
Raymond ErikssonEk Karlsson
Backlund

Hedman Anderson
Lindholm Dahlin
Brodin Karlsson
Forsling

Markstrom
Ullmark

Hintz Barkov Tolvanen
Laine Aho Rantanen
Lekhonen Kotkaniemi Teravainen
Luostarinen Lundell Haula

Heiskanen Lindell
Maata Ristolainen
Valimaki Hakanpaa
Mikkola

Saros
Husso
UPL

Last edited:

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Hyman McDavid Reinhart
Thomas MacKinnon Marner
Marchand Crosby Point
McTavish Scheifele Stone

Toews Makar
Morrissey Dobson
Theodore Pietrangelo
Pelech Doughty

Hill
Skinner
Ingram

Tkachuk Matthews Keller
Kreider Miller Hughes
Robertson Eichel Connor
Tkachuk Larkin Debrincat
Beniers

Hughes McAvoy
Slavin Fox
Hanafin Carlson
McDonagh

Hellebuyck
Demko
Oettinger

Landeskog Pettersson Nylander
Bratt Zibanejad Kempe
Forsberg Carlsson Lindholm
Raymond ErikssonEk Karlsson
Backlund

Hedman Anderson
Lindholm Dahlin
Brodin Karlsson
Forsling

Markstrom
Ullmark

Hintz Barkov Tolvanen
Laine Aho Rantanen
Lekhonen Kotkaniemi Teravainen
Luostarinen Lundell Haula

Heiskanen Lindell
Maata Ristolainen
Valimaki Hakanpaa
Mikkola

Saros
Husso
UPL
Where’s Bedard? Would rather have him over someone like Zach Hyman

Reactions: HockeyWooot

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

Hyman is considerably more useful than Bedard at this point. He scores more, and is way, way better along the boards and in front of the net. Hyman is a PPG player while being an elite forechecker. Bedard is going to be 19 by the time this tournament rolls around, we can wait for him to get better defensively.

1000004700.jpg

1000004702.jpg

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Hyman is considerably more useful than Bedard at this point. He scores more, and is way, way better along the boards and in front of the net. Hyman is a PPG player while being an elite forechecker. Bedard is going to be 19 by the time this tournament rolls around, we can wait for him to get better defensively.

View attachment 823344
View attachment 823345
I mean you point out valid things. Bedard is making the roster though. There's no way he's not on the team. You can keep Hyman, I just don't know who else you would take out. Maybe McTavish? I also think Byfield is worth a look:

Crosby-McDavid-Point
Bedard-Mackinnon-Marner
Verhaege-Thomas-Reinhart
Marchand-Horvat-Konecny
Barzal

Last edited:

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020

Fair point I actually had him in my line up originally next to MacKinnon, but thought about that the selection might favour players with a more refined overall game.

Bedard has an undoubtedly lethal offensive game, though is quite raw so for at the NHL. Not a knock on him he's really young.

Also went with 8 dmen instead of 13 forwards, otherwise definitely would have had him in there.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

View attachment 823344
View attachment 823345
There are reasons to have Hyman ahead of Bedard on the team but using scoring shouldn't be one of them.

I'd be extremely surprised if Bedard wasn't on the team and I think he will show why as this season winds down.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I predict a final between:

Team USA

M. Tkachuk - Matthews - Eichel
Robertson - Hughes - Keller
B. Tkachuk - Miller - Connor
Beniers - Larkin - Debrincat

Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
McDonagh - Carlson

Hellebuyck
Demko

and

Team Sweden

Forsberg - Pettersson - Nylander
Bratt - Zibanejad - Landeskog
E. Lindholm - Eriksson Ek - Kempe
Raymond - W. Karlsson - L. Carlsson

Hedman - Karlsson
H. Lindholm - Dahlin
Brodin - Andersson

Ullmark
Markstrom

USA to me is a nobrainer as the most well rounded team in the tourney. Sweden and Canada is a close call, and while Canada is head and shoulders above the Swedes at forward they lack a bit at D and goalies. Sweden is tied with the USA for best D in the tournament while having solid options in the net. At forward they’re stacked with 2-way options from top to bottom and should be tough to face. Canada is a very close 3rd though and it’s a coin flip basically. Finland is a distant 4.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
I predict a final between:

Team USA

M. Tkachuk - Matthews - Eichel
Robertson - Hughes - Keller
B. Tkachuk - Miller - Connor
Beniers - Larkin - Debrincat

Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
McDonagh - Carlson

Hellebuyck
Demko

and

Team Sweden

Forsberg - Pettersson - Nylander
Bratt - Zibanejad - Landeskog
E. Lindholm - Eriksson Ek - Kempe
Raymond - W. Karlsson - L. Carlsson

Hedman - Karlsson
H. Lindholm - Dahlin
Brodin - Andersson

Ullmark
Markstrom

USA to me is a nobrainer as the most well rounded team in the tourney. Sweden and Canada is a close call, and while Canada is head and shoulders above the Swedes at forward they lack a bit at D and goalies. Sweden is tied with the USA for best D in the tournament while having solid options in the net. At forward they’re stacked with 2-way options from top to bottom and should be tough to face. Canada is a very close 3rd though and it’s a coin flip basically. Finland is a distant 4.
I mean anything is possible in a tournament, but to say Canada is lacking at defence is not really true. Canada’s blueline is easily the most dangerous at creating offence with Makar, Morrisey, Dobson and Theodore. USA and Sweden may have better two-way guys in their primes. Canada still has Toews, Weegar, Doughty, Power and Pelech to rely on. I would say that the 3 countries are EVEN on defence, you can give a slight edge to the USA if you want.

Canada’s forwards are just too strong. They likely will have have trouble scoring on Sweden, but McDavid, MacKinnon, Crosby, Bedard, Point, Marner and Marchand. They’re so loaded. U add in the offensive threats from the blueline and I think Canada beats Sweden. The goaltending is worrisome and I do think Sweden has a chance, but I think most people would have Canada over Sweden for this tourney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben White

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I mean anything is possible in a tournament, but to say Canada is lacking at defence is not really true. Canada’s blueline is easily the most dangerous at creating offence with Makar, Morrisey, Dobson and Theodore. USA and Sweden may have better two-way guys in their primes. Canada still has Toews, Weegar, Doughty, Power and Pelech to rely on. I would say that the 3 countries are EVEN on defence, you can give a slight edge to the USA if you want.

Canada’s forwards are just too strong. They likely will have have trouble scoring on Sweden, but McDavid, MacKinnon, Crosby, Bedard, Point, Marner and Marchand. They’re so loaded. U add in the offensive threats from the blueline and I think Canada beats Sweden. The goaltending is worrisome and I do think Sweden has a chance, but I think most people would have Canada over Sweden for this tourney.
Yeah most people absolutely, that’s just my prediction. I could see Canada choking a bit in net and while Dobson, Morrisey and Theodore are great Dmen they’ve never really been at say Norris level. Swedes look stronger there. And off course, my opinion is colored a bit by the fact that’s it’s more fun to cheer for the underdogs (both Sweden and USA are traditionally underdogs towards Canada).

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
FINLAND:
Hintz-Barkov-Rantanen
Laine-Aho-Granlund
Kakko-Kotkaniemi-Teräväinen
Kapanen-Lundell-Lekhonen
Tolvanen

Lindell-Heiskanen
Hakanpää-Ristolainen
Mikkola-Määttä
Jokiharju

Saros-Raanta-Luukkonen

Last edited:

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
I mean you point out valid things. Bedard is making the roster though. There's no way he's not on the team. You can keep Hyman, I just don't know who else you would take out. Maybe McTavish? I also think Byfield is worth a look:

Crosby-McDavid-Point
Bedard-Mackinnon-Marner
Verhaege-Thomas-Reinhart
Marchand-Horvat-Konecny
Barzal

Marchand are old.

Last edited:
Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad