Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
March update

Crosby-MacKinnon-Marchand

Hyman-McDavid-Bédard

Barzal-Point-Reinhart

Stone-Thomas-Marner

(Horvat, Byfield, Stamkos, Suzuki, Jarvis, Konecny, Couturier, Scheifele, Hagel, Danault)

Toews-Makar

Theodore-Pietrangelo

Morrisey-Dobson

(Power, Chabot, Rielly, Harley,

Bouchard, Dunn, Doughty)

Hill

Binnington

(Hofer, Skinner)

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
March update

Hyman-McDavid-Bédard

Barzal-Point-Reinhart

Stone-Thomas-Marner

(Horvat, Byfield, Stamkos, Suzuki, Jarvis, Konecny, Couturier, Scheifele, Hagel, Danault)

Toews-Makar

Theodore-Pietrangelo

Morrisey-Dobson

Bouchard, Dunn, Doughty)

Hill

Binnington

(Hofer, Skinner)
The way Byfield is playing, I’m taking a stab on him. He’s too skilled to be left off. Also not even an honourable mention for Verhaege?

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
It's getting harder and harder to not see R. Thomas and S. Reinhart on the team. Also, I resisted the idea for a long time but I think I have to accept that Hyman will be there too.

As of now, I see forward situation as such:

Mortal Locks:

- McDavid
- Mackinnon
- Crosby
- Marner
- Point

Very likely:

- Marchand
- Reinhart
- Thomas
- Barzal
- Hyman

The last 3-4 will be filled out with some combo of:

- Stone
- Verhaeghe
- Konecny
- Scheifele
- Bedard
- Stamkos
- Hagel
- Suzuki
- Horvat
- Cozens

Too early for 4 Nations but in the mix for 2026:

- Byfield
- Mactavish
- Fantilli
- Johnson
- Stankoven
- Johnston
- Jarvis

He's not on my team either but kind of odd how you never see Marchessault in the mix on anyones roster. 32 goals this season and coming off a Conn win.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Also not even an honourable mention for Verhaege?
I need to see him play more. Watched the playoffs last year and well I thought he was ok but I don’t really see him taking a spot from anyone.

He’s closer to a lock than a bubble player, and I think he should go to the WCs to show what he can do with even a decent amount of talent around him

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
He’s closer to a lock than a bubble player, and I think he should go to the WCs to show what he can do with even a decent amount of talent around him
I'd personally much rather have a Bedard there than a Konecny type because it's more interesting/entertaining and I also don't really care much about the 4 nations and would prefer to give Bedard NT experience heading into 2026.

That said, he's the definition of a bubble player right now.

Canada is historically conservative about bringing young guys (Crosby/Staal 06) and we haven't seen enough of Bedard to really even know if he's a more impactful player than a Stone or Konecny or Horvat etc. He's not as complete and Canada already has enough offense in the top 6.

Canada loves to rely on those Nash-Toews-Richards type of lines.

Reactions: Mathieukferland

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Even though I said a few posts above that I don't see Canada's mgmt putting Bedard on the team yet (I still don''t) this is the forward group I would personally like to see if a tournament started today.

Hyman-McDavid-Marner
Verhaeghe-Mackinnon-Bedard
Marchand-Crosby-Point
Reinhart-Thomas-Konecny
(Barzal)

If Stone comes back strong in the playoffs I have him instead of Konecny.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
Even though I said a few posts above that I don't see Canada's mgmt putting Bedard on the team yet (I still don''t) this is the forward group I would personally like to see if a tournament started today.

Hyman-McDavid-Marner
Verhaeghe-Mackinnon-Bedard
Marchand-Crosby-Point
Reinhart-Thomas-Konecny
(Barzal)

If Stone comes back strong in the playoffs I have him instead of Konecny.
Probably the most accurate roster that I’ve seen to date. I keep seeing Hyman paired with McDavid for obvious reasons, but I think you can get more out of him in a bottom 6:

Crosby-McDavid-Point
Bedard-MacKinnon-Marner
Verhaege-Thomas-Reinhart
Hyman-(Horvat/Danault/Suzuki)-Konecny
(Barzal)

Marchand will more than likely make the team, but I think he’s clearly lost a step. He would still be very useful in a bottom 6 role and on the PK. IMO, it would be best for Konency to fill Marchand’s role. He’s younger, plays a similar style to Marchand and he can match the footspeed of USA.

I think Byfield is on management’s radar and I would take him over Hyman or Verhaege if push came to shove. Especially if he comes out guns ablazin’ to start next season.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The U.S. will have some tough choices at center for once:

* Matthews
* Eichel
* Miller
* J. Hughes
* Larkin
* Thompson
* Nelson
* Trocheck

You might see Hughes and/or Thompson on the wing.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
team canada 4 nations apr 3.PNG

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Crosby - McDavid - Bedard
Thomas - MacKinnon - Marner
Stamkos - Point - Reinhart
Lafreniere - Suzuki - Stone
Byfield

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
As of today:

Goaltenders (x3):

Starter: Connor Hellebucyk
Backup: Thatcher Demko
Third stringer: Jeremy Swayman

Defensemen (x8):

Quinn Hughes/Charlie McAvoy
Jaccob Slavin/Adam Fox
Zach Werenski/Brock Faber
Noah Hanifin/Jake Sanderson

Forwards (x14):

Matthew Tkachuk-Auston Matthews-Patrick Kane
Kyle Connor-Jack Eichel-Clayton Keller
Jason Robertson-J.T. Miller-Jack Hughes
Chris Kreider-Dylan Larkin-Jake Guentzel
Brock Boeser-Brady Tkachuk

Lots of tough choices will need to be made. I could see Matt Boldy, Tage Thompson, Joe Pavelski, Johnny Gaudreau, Alex DeBrincat, Alex Tuch, Brock Nelson, and Vince Trocheck in consideration at forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Does team USA have a McDavid, MacKinnon or Makar? To me they don’t. But Canada doesn’t have the goaltending that USA does.
I mean, we have Matthews who is the runaway Rocket winner, the best goal scorer in the league, and a two-way force. He isn't the overall point producer McDavid or MacKinnon is but I would argue is just as impactful a force on the ice. The other top centers the U.S. has (Eichel, J. Hughes, J.T. Miller, etc.) are again not quite in their class but excellent players in their own right and can tilt the ice. As for Makar, I would argue that the likes of Q. Hughes, Fox, and McAvoy among others are in that class of d-men.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
I mean, we have Matthews who is the runaway Rocket winner, the best goal scorer in the league, and a two-way force. He isn't the overall point producer McDavid or MacKinnon is but I would argue is just as impactful a force on the ice. The other top centers the U.S. has (Eichel, J. Hughes, J.T. Miller, etc.) are again not quite in their class but excellent players in their own right and can tilt the ice. As for Makar, I would argue that the likes of Q. Hughes, Fox, and McAvoy among others are in that class of d-men.
Matthews is not as impactful as McDavid or MacKinnon, I think any hockey fan knows that. The US centre depth will give Canada a run for its money. I also think the American top 4 is better than Canada's, but Canada does have more depth onthe blueline. Again, there's a huge gap b/n Makar and the rest of the pack. I think both countries are even rn.

Comparison of each country's top 6:

Robertson-Matthews-Keller
Tkachuk-Hughes-Tkachuk

Hyman-McDavid-Marner
Crosby-Mack-Bedard

I think these are even, w/ a slight edge to Canada because of the McDavid and Mack factor.

Comparison of Bottom 6:

Connor-Eichel-Guentzel
Miller-Larkin-Debrincat

Marchand-Point-Reinhart
Barzal-Thomas-Stone

USA is more skilled, but Canada has more experience in guys like Marchand, Point and Stone. I would still lean towards the USA as they have better players.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
March update

Hyman-McDavid-Bédard

Barzal-Point-Reinhart

Stone-Thomas-Marner

Toews-Makar

Theodore-Pietrangelo

Morrisey-Dobson

Bouchard, Dunn, Doughty)

Hill

Binnington

(Hofer, Skinner)
^^ Best lineup I've seen. ^^

P.S. Why is there an l'accent aigu in Bedard's name?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It's getting harder and harder to not see R. Thomas and S. Reinhart on the team. Also, I resisted the idea for a long time but I think I have to accept that Hyman will be there too.

As of now, I see forward situation as such:

Mortal Locks:

- McDavid
- Mackinnon
- Crosby
- Marner
- Point

Very likely:

- Marchand
- Reinhart
- Thomas
- Barzal
- Hyman

The last 3-4 will be filled out with some combo of:

- Stone
- Verhaeghe
- Konecny
- Scheifele
- Bedard
- Stamkos
- Hagel
- Suzuki
- Horvat
- Cozens

Too early for 4 Nations but in the mix for 2026:

- Byfield
- Mactavish
- Fantilli
- Johnson
- Stankoven
- Johnston
- Jarvis

He's not on my team either but kind of odd how you never see Marchessault in the mix on anyones roster. 32 goals this season and coming off a Conn win.
Well done.

I think Johnston and Jarvis can bump up to the next category.

Re : "He's not on my team either but kind of odd how you never see Marchessault in the mix on anyones roster. 32 goals this season and coming off a Conn win."

Good point.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm not sure about Marchand or RNH.

Marchand has fallen off but it might be because he's now carrying the responsibility of being Captain. Still, at 36, I'm sure there's a bubble player that is younger and just as capable.

I never know what to make of RNH.

Crosby - McDavid - Bedard
Thomas - MacKinnon - Marner
Stamkos - Point - Reinhart
Lafreniere - Suzuki - Stone
Byfield
Laf AND Byfield. A risk taker. ;)

Last edited:

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I predict a final between:

Team USA

M. Tkachuk - Matthews - Eichel
Robertson - Hughes - Keller
B. Tkachuk - Miller - Connor
Beniers - Larkin - Debrincat

Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
McDonagh - Carlson

Hellebuyck
Demko

and

Team Sweden

Forsberg - Pettersson - Nylander
Bratt - Zibanejad - Landeskog
E. Lindholm - Eriksson Ek - Kempe
Raymond - W. Karlsson - L. Carlsson

Hedman - Karlsson
H. Lindholm - Dahlin
Brodin - Andersson

Ullmark
Markstrom

USA to me is a nobrainer as the most well rounded team in the tourney. Sweden and Canada is a close call, and while Canada is head and shoulders above the Swedes at forward they lack a bit at D and goalies. Sweden is tied with the USA for best D in the tournament while having solid options in the net. At forward they’re stacked with 2-way options from top to bottom and should be tough to face. Canada is a very close 3rd though and it’s a coin flip basically. Finland is a distant 4.
Lol the only position the US is better at that than Canada is in goal. You must be huffing scotchguard.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad