Pro Tank thread III - Lil Jim, U can’t even win if u wanted 2. Team expensive, these r tankin moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
My source told me we will not draft Vilardi, Mitt or Glass if they were still available, I also went by their mid term ranking, and I didn't get the final ranking.

this time around I will not mention anything about their list.

Please don't be discouraged by the ignorant smugness of some on these boards.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
It's pretty much kids born after about 1995 like to believe that listing off all our prospects and saying we're going to be amazing in 2020 is a conclusive argument that this team is going the right direction.

Makes sense. They probably haven’t been around long enough to realize that every team in the league can make a laundry list of prospects in their organization with potential, yet very few actually end up planning out the way they expect.

People have to realize that in order to be successful, an organization needs to improve at a higher pace than other organizations. Getting excited about Benning’s positive moves without acknowledging his detrimental ones is a logical fallacy. Benning is overall a net negative to our organization, drafting Boeser is great but it doesn’t even come close to making up all the value he’s bled out of the organization. Benning is one step forward, two steps back, and his apologists seem to only focus on the step forward and ignore the two steps back.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Benning iced a credible NHL team for the first ten games. He went all in on nobodies in net. He brought in a shooting defenseman. It was looking pretty damn good! Then they began losing key players. If the opening day roster had stayed intact, they'd be in playoff position now. Instead, they are a wall crash. The season has sort of ended, unless they reassemble the roster with returnees and replacements. This seems like faint hope, since the league just held an expansion draft and tradeable guys are few, rosters already being pared down.

The bright side is they have a new core. They have new stars. They have good coaching. This will be a big Summer. They have cap room and roster openings.

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell
Last GM was fired after missing the playoffs 1 time in 6 years in a tenure that included a Presidents trophy, 5 division titles and a trip to game 7 of the finals.

This GM still has a job after finished 2nd and 3rd last in the league.

Gillis was fired in a year where the team was completely decimated by injuries too, so they better be held to the same standard.

Does anyone know what Gillis' record was in the regular season and playoffs? What is Bennings? Benning is obviously 0-4 in the playoffs.

I'm just curious how radical their records are.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It’s always smart to count on no injuries! It’s a new style of management by Benning. I mean it didn’t work the previous two seasons but how bold to go all in at a third attempt!

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Does anyone know what Gillis' record was in the regular season and playoffs? What is Bennings? Benning is obviously 0-4 in the playoffs.

45-27-10 / 6-4
49-28-5 / 6-6
54-19-9 / 15-10
51-22-9 / 1-4
26-15-7 / 0/4
36-35-11 / dnq

261-146-51 / 28-28
———————————
Vs
48-29-5 / 0-4
31-38-13 / dnq
30-43-9 / dnq
15-15-4

124-125-31 / 0/4

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Benning iced a credible NHL team for the first ten games. He went all in on nobodies in net. He brought in a shooting defenseman. It was looking pretty damn good! Then they began losing key players. If the opening day roster had stayed intact, they'd be in playoff position now. Instead, they are a wall crash. The season has sort of ended, unless they reassemble the roster with returnees and replacements. This seems like faint hope, since the league just held an expansion draft and tradeable guys are few, rosters already being pared down.

The bright side is they have a new core. They have new stars. They have good coaching. This will be a big Summer. They have cap room and roster openings.

The team was, as MANY pointed out before the season even started, a playoff bubble, nothing more. The BBB line was the only thing that's worth a damn. Teams soon realized that and simply sent their best defensive unit to choke the life out of the kids with very little worry about not being able to contain our secondary scoring.

This was never even close to a good team to begin with.

Reactions: Canadian Club

lawrence

May 19, 2012
take away a teams entire 1st line, and their top dman will cripple any team.

lol lets not even go there. Mike Gillis will have a record no gm in Nucks history will match unless they win a cup.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
take away a teams entire 1st line, and their top dman will cripple any team.

lol lets not even go there. Mike Gillis will have a record no gm in Nucks history will match unless they win a cup.

Take away a teams starting goaltender and backup and trade the third string guy and then take away the AHL starter and then go with a guy with a whopping 70 AHL starts will sink any team!

Except it didn’t. Vegas tread water. Started to get healthy and has continued winning,

Take away a teams second line former Selke winning center and then the first line center and various D-men and forwards and they’ll struggle. Except the ducks kept treading water.

The Canucks tread water while healthy. They are a bad team.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Only if you think losing Horvat and Baertschi is why they are allowing 5+ goals a game.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Thank you.

So assuming my math is right, and it probably isn't, Gillis's record is 261-146-51

compared to

124-125-31

So Gillis has almost the same amount of losses and over twice as many wins. Interesting.
Very, I updated it to include totals and playoffs now

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Just saw the score.

Amazing result!

ewZcfnK.mp4

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
This is going to be a pathetic stretch of play for this team. Missing our three best players and probably our sixth/seventh best player in Baertschi.

Buckle the f*** up.

Reactions: y2kcanucks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad