Proposal: Price to Ottawa

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
I'm curious why a team that's obviously not a contender and very salary conscious takes on that monstrous contract for a 30 something Price? Yes, there are a lot of cap dumps in there, but Prices contract extends FAR beyond all of them... and its hardly like he's the missing link.

Plus good luck getting Price to waive for Ottawa

The same thing was said about Phaneuf a few years ago. I am of the opinion that the Sens ownership will have to do something dramatic to win the players and the city back. Having a #1 Goalie, #1 Dman, #1 center, 2 top line winger and a solid group of prospects.

I am interested in what other teams would give up for Price

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
The same thing was said about Phaneuf a few years ago. I am of the opinion that the Sens ownership will have to do something dramatic to win the players and the city back. Having a #1 Goalie, #1 Dman, #1 center, 2 top line winger and a solid group of prospects.

Why not Allen or Lehner?

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Because the Sens have 2 goalies signed for next year, neither have any trade value. Chances are Anderson will have a bounce back year and neither Allen or Lehner would be an upgrade

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

The idea that the low budget Sens would pay Prices salary (especially since he makes more actual dollars than his 10.5 cap hit) plus resign Karlsson at market rates is absurd

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Because the Sens have 2 goalies signed for next year, neither have any trade value. Chances are Anderson will have a bounce back year and neither Allen or Lehner would be an upgrade

Anderson will soon retire, though, and the goalies behind him aren't capable of handling the workload of starters.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Similar deal to the Phaneuf trade a few years ago.

To Ott
Price

To Mon
Ryan
Gaborik
Anderson
Perron
Ott 2nd 19

if we trade price we should be looking to get back nothing but picks and prospects......not this junk,

if we are really rebuilding then you don't need to get a goalie back either....you just go with what we have for now

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
The idea that the low budget Sens would pay Prices salary (especially since he makes more actual dollars than his 10.5 cap hit) plus resign Karlsson at market rates is absurd
If you reread my OP actual dollars are fine
year 1- ott saves 15.5 m
year 2- cost 0.3m
year 3- saves 0.6m
year 4- 5.5m
year 5- 7.75m
year 6- 8.5m
year 7- 7.5m
year 8- 7.5m

You tell me how does this deal hurts the Sens financially?

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
The reason Montreal does this- They need to go full rebuild a la Maple leafs

Proceeds to list all aging players on his team.

lmao and the only draft pick is not even a first. So bad.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Proceeds to list all aging players on his team.

lmao and the only draft pick is not even a first. So bad.
I will admit you are probably correct about my proposal. My question is what teams will take that contract? and if they do will they pay more?

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I will admit you are probably correct about my proposal. My question is what teams will take that contract? and if they do will they pay more?

You know what team will take that contract ? Montréal. Because they need him.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I'd think if MTL trades Price, they would try to ship him West (so they don't have to play him a handful of times a year) and they'd take back an aging player on a Ryan type contract(only one dump) and a goalie, with a couple picks (1st/3rd, 2nd/2nd/2nd in 3 years in a row) and a prospect or so) soooo like Lucic + Talbot + 3 2nds or 1st and 3rd + Bear/Jones(this is just an example)

Reactions: wilfred

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Flames don't really have a horribad contract to use so it'd be 2 bad contracts (Brouwer + Stone (8m combined) + 3rd(19) + 1st
(20) + Kylington + Dube) etc...

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Maybe Hawks? Craw + Seabrook + picks and prospects.

Vegas maybe? They could probably offer just a couplepicks/prospects for Price (retention) without sending cap dump back

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
You know what team will take that contract ? Montréal. Because they need him.
Agree to disagree I guess. My opinion is yes short term Montreal will be better with Price, long term I think they will be better off without him. Price will keep Montreal as a bubble playoff team for the foreseeable future if you are a Montreal fan and okay with that then great. Unless of course Tavares signs with them(can't see it happening).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad