Seravalli: Price of Brandon Hagel “ 1st, Top Prospect + Another Asset”

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Mark Lazerus of The Athletic wrote the Hawks have no intention of moving Hagel.

I don't trust or buy into anything these writers are saying. I believe Rocky inability to resolve the front office years ago has put them in a position that the interim GM at this point can't make any moves until they officially hire a new GM.... with 5 weeks until trade deadline and if you look at who chicago has interviewed its a complete joke to say the least , why waste your time interviewing people who have no clear background in hockey to actually run and build a team and evaluate talent

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
you're basically talking about a young Tyler Bozak... would you have given a 1st+A prospect+ for him?

Your asking a question based on a after the fact .... if you m simply look at his stats , age , contract and growth especially in a salary cap Era, here is young cheap productive player who can simply grow compared to a unknown talent and potential draft pick that for the unforeseeable future those things don't help a team out now or in the next year or 2....

So yes I'm making that deal , it's a risk but so is the unknown of a draft pick or prospect

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
df4.jpg

Reactions: bsu and Kingspiracy

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Tampa offers their 2023 1st, Taylor Raddysh, and one of Eamon Powell, Declan McDonnell, or Cam MacDonald

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tampa offers their 2023 1st, Taylor Raddysh, and one of Eamon Powell, Declan McDonnell, or Cam MacDonald

Why? Chicago has been pumping out these guys who have a career year playing alongside Kane then they fall off hard. Add this kid to the list with the likes of Kahun, Panarin and Kubalik. He's not worth a 1st, let alone a 1st plus a decent young player and prospect.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Why? Chicago has been pumping out these guys who have a career year playing alongside Kane then they fall off hard. Add this kid to the list with the likes of Kahun, Panarin and Kubalik. He's not worth a 1st, let alone a 1st plus a decent young player and prospect.
?

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Would be such a smart Tampa move to grab Hagel even at a high pick and/or prospect cost. I’m sure people would freak out if Tampa moved a 1st or former high pick just like they did with Coleman and Goodrow but the Bolts simply know what they are doing and how to construct a championship roster. His speed and versatility would shine on that team and his contract would be a beautiful thing for their cap management.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Explain please
Just my opinion, but that move solves NJDs biggest problem over night. Depth on the wings....
The bones of their top 9 would be set for years...
Hughes-DeKat-??
Hirschier-Bratt-??
Mercer-Hagel -??
Wood-McLeod-??

wouldnt surprise me if devs offered unprotected 1st+Holtz+ smith/Boqvist + zacha
Something along those lines...
Basically whatever the hawks would want that’s not both Hughes/Hamilton/Mercer/Hirschier/Bratt

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Panarin?? his best seasons have been post-Hawks lol. He is an all-world winger.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I don't trust or buy into anything these writers are saying. I believe Rocky inability to resolve the front office years ago has put them in a position that the interim GM at this point can't make any moves until they officially hire a new GM.... with 5 weeks until trade deadline and if you look at who chicago has interviewed its a complete joke to say the least , why waste your time interviewing people who have no clear background in hockey to actually run and build a team and evaluate talent
This is false, Davidson has freedom to do trades as he wants.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
This is false, Davidson has freedom to do trades as he wants.

It's not false , look at n the current situation, we're 5 weeks from trade deadline and chicago has interviewed a few GM candidates and based on reporting Chicago is seriously considering that female VP from basketball to run the orginization, his hands are tied right now this close to a new hire....

Things change/happen behind the scenes and logical thinking at this point illustrates his hands are tied this close to chicago making a GM decision....

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
One guy doesn’t belong on your Pat Kane list of disaapointments

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Just my opinion, but that move solves NJDs biggest problem over night. Depth on the wings....
The bones of their top 9 would be set for years...
Hughes-DeKat-??
Hirschier-Bratt-??
Mercer-Hagel -??
Wood-McLeod-??

wouldnt surprise me if devs offered unprotected 1st+Holtz+ smith/Boqvist + zacha
Something along those lines...
Basically whatever the hawks would want that’s not both Hughes/Hamilton/Mercer/Hirschier/Bratt
who the hell is DeKat?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
One guy doesn’t belong on your Pat Kane list of disaapointments

I'd even challenge his factual knowledge. Hagel last year in 52 games had 24 or 26 points and he wasn't playing with kane and this year he has been up and down the line up . The kid at this point is proving his value...

Besides kane isn't having a magical season this year , sure his numbers are good but not what he is known for doing.?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad