Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Can’t finish but skates well. A puzzle for hundreds of sub-par players. You’d think by now he’d know how to shoot. School is still out on him.

Sorry they lost but man, they needed that game.
You don't need wins in preseason, that's ridiculous. The reigning cup champs are are 0-3-1....

Anyway, I like the way the team is skating on the powerplay, eventually that's going to make it better. I don't know that I've seen a Preds team skate that much with a man advantage, ever. It wasn't just a guy looking for a lane or sneaking into an opening, the entire unit was consistently moving.

I think of the young guys up front, Tomasino, Novak and Evangelista stood out. I think that's a good sign. Finish might not be there yet but they all got good looks and all showed some confidence with the puck.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The motion on the PP stood out, even if they didn't capitalize, plus another thing that seemed new were some stretch passes - some that worked and some that didn't, but either way, it would be nice to see those back in the offense because I think we have a few guys now in Novak/Evangelista/Tomasino who have the speed and sneakiness to slip open for them.

That was a much-needed game-test of some of these things they are trying. It will still take a month or more for things to really start clicking, probably. But it should be a fun team to watch, even if they end up losing more often than winning at first.

Reactions: triggrman

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
You don't need wins in preseason, that's ridiculous. The reigning cup champs are are 0-3-1....

Anyway, I like the way the team is skating on the powerplay, eventually that's going to make it better. I don't know that I've seen a Preds team skate that much with a man advantage, ever. It wasn't just a guy looking for a lane or sneaking into an opening, the entire unit was consistently moving.

I think of the young guys up front, Tomasino, Novak and Evangelista stood out. I think that's a good sign. Finish might not be there yet but they all got good looks and all showed some confidence with the puc

I think of the young guys up front, Tomasino, Novak and Evangelista stood out. I think that's a good sign. Finish might not be there yet but they all got good looks and all showed some confidence with the puck.
Sorry that I wasn’t clearer. I was not talking about them needing to win but rather that group needing to play a game. It was good to see Josi and Forsberg holding up health wise if nothing else. But either way it wasn’t ridiculous; just misread or misstated on my part.

Reactions: triggrman

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Sorry that I wasn’t clearer. I was not talking about them needing to win but rather that group needing to play a game. It was good to see Josi and Forsberg holding up health wise if nothing else. But either way it wasn’t ridiculous; just misread or misstated on my part.
Ha, no worries, likely misread on my part. Sometimes text doesn't allow for flow of conversations and context.

Reactions: Olderfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad