Nyquist glass Guiranov
L'Heureux novak tomasino
Smith McCarron schaefer

What we likely get

Forsberg ror smith
Nyquist glass Guiranov
Tomasino novak Evangelista
L'Heureux McCarron Schaefer

Either way, i expect alot better play given that it is most of what we start the season with.

Reactions: Edgework

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
What i want

Forsberg ror evang
Nyquist glass Guiranov
L'Heureux novak tomasino
Smith McCarron schaefer

What we likely get

Forsberg ror smith
Nyquist glass Guiranov

Either way, i expect alot better play given that it is most of what we start the season with.
I think you are dead on for lines

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

interesting, No Lauzon, Fabbro, Carrier. Watch they trade all 3 for forwards. LOL!

Honestly, if del gaizo and/or stastney are nhl ready then im not opposed to trading lauzon and carrier. Lauzon can go either way in my opinion as schenn takes the tough guy role. Id still like to give fabbro a legit shot at 1 rhd in the new system but i dont feel like thats in the cards in which case it is probably best to go ahead and get what we can for him

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't think there's any pressure to change the D to start the season... all the younger Milwaukee guys from last season (Stastney, Livingstone, Del Gaizo, Wilsby) are getting closer, but are still waiver exempt and cost controlled.

At the same time, we know very well that Barrie and Carrier are going to be UFAs after this season, and that Fabbro will be an RFA with arbitration rights. So it is well known that we will likely have spots opening up, and the carrot is dangling for those guys. They are being watched now, it's not impossible 1 could make the team as an 8th D out of camp, but that seems unnecessary. They will continue to be watched all season, get injury recalls, maybe permanent recalls if we trade one of the impending-UFAs at the Trade Deadline. The process will be ongoing all season. I wouldn't try to read anything more into it today. The organization has plenty of time and plenty of options, there is not going to be any rush to judgement now.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Preds are heavy on ready D’s it looks like. Still expect some movement there soon. Forwards are another situation; lots of potential but who’s ready? Tough, tough decisions to make. I don’t want any part of that job. But regardless, it’ll be a hard year. But, hey, it’s hockey time!

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
What i want

Forsberg ror evang
Nyquist glass Guiranov
L'Heureux novak tomasino
Smith McCarron schaefer

What we likely get

Forsberg ror smith
Nyquist glass Guiranov

I think that’s very close, but i figure they’re eying:

Forsberg ror smith
Nyquist glass Guiranov
Schaefer novak Tomasino
L'Heureux McCarron Evangelista

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm going to wait I expect most of the offensive effort will come from Forsberg and O'Reilly. I just wonder what Smith does for the two that they don't have.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
A guy I will be watching early is Tomasino. I know he's got a lot of believers here and he's flashed the talent, but I haven't seen enough yet to convince me he is a difference maker. I want to be wrong. We need me to be wrong.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
TB definitely going with a junk lineup, so I guess cue the complaints if we lose to their B team? I hope not. I think it's the right call to start working on some of the chemistry for us, regardless of what the opposition wants to do with the game. And if we find out some bits aren't working relative to the off-season master plan... still time to try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad