GDT: PRESEASON!!!! TBL VS. NSH 7 PM CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
So Nyquist is wearing Ekholm's 14.....my wife immediately hates him.

Yes, she will be wearing her Matty jersey to the game on the 17th.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
A few times it has felt like Forsberg and Josi are just on the edge of going...

1695865377669.png

Reactions: Armourboy

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Pete going the Harry Carey route? He said both goalies have gone the distance but Askarov replaced Saros to start the 3rd.

Okay, who let Barb from 5/3rd on dance cam? Yeesh!

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I left after the 2nd but at the arena 9 looked to be shooting as soon as the puck touched his stick. He was involved to say the least.

I'm currently at the Grand Hyatt sky bar and you can hear the goal horn when we score. Even here 25 floors above Broadway.

Reactions: Adz

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I thought there was enough good stuff. I don't really care if basically our full NHL team ended up losing to basically a full AHL team. It just showed that, yes, there's stuff to work and sharpen up before opening night. Keep on sharpening.

I hope Forsberg and Josi can stay healthy and do their things. They can be fun to watch together. I thought if anybody had jump it was Tomasino and Novak, and I like that we can use them and Evangelista on the PP now that Joey/Duchene/Granlund are out of the way.

I don't think Smith or Gurianov would bring anything to a fully-healthy lineup, but if we're down Parssinen, Sissons, and Trenin, they are playable fill-ins. Gurianov took some shots, but seemed to exist mostly within a narrow band of ice in the right side offensive zone and nowhere else.

Austin Watson wanted no part of that fight. That kind of fighting is a complete waste of everybody's time. I don't think he's going to make that team, unfortunately. Guys like Motte, Eyssimont look better, there's only so many 4th liners you can shoe-horn into one lineup (if you don't have Hynes coaching your team anyway).

Loved that Askarov game-saver... oh, never mind... replays were playing over it. Who is even thinking of this stuff? Have they ever watched a hockey game before in their lives? :huh:

Reactions: Adz and AnalogKid

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Thought Tomasino started strong, but just couldn't find the net.

Felt like Forsberg was overshooting for a lot of the night. Now I know the guy has a world class shot, but it felt like he was shooting just as hard as he could all night rather than hitting the spot.

Josi I though actually passed too much for once. He passed on several shots early that he should take.

Thought the Saros goal he could have played that angle a bit better and been more square up on that shot but he looked better in that respect tonight than he did his previous game.

That said it mostly felt like normal Preds teams of the past, they can get the chances they just can't bury them. Just about everyone else had decent moments, but nothing that would earn you a roster spot.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I thought Josi and Forsberg were far and away the most skilled guys on the ice and there was nobody close, but they looked rusty as you'd expect. The touch just wasn't there for both of them, but I feel pretty confident they'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad