GDT: Preseason Games 1 and 2 | 1PM @ St. Louis, 7PM @ Columbus

99 CBJ

Mar 7, 2009
Columbus
It's in the small print on the main page, first picture. Game day preseason vs blues, watch live / listen live

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
strong move by Dubois followed by a beauty move by Foligno. No goal but that shift looked good

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Other than a shift here and there, Dubois was pretty invisible tonight. Foligno had a good first period, but after that it was pretty meh from everyone.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Well, that game sounds like a dud, but that can happen when it's the preseason and you only play seven regulars.

Then again, the Blues may have had even fewer in their lineup.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Other than a shift here and there, Dubois was pretty invisible tonight. Foligno had a good first period, but after that it was pretty meh from everyone.

Other than the drive to the net early in the first I thought Dubois looked tentative when he was in the middle of the ice. He was scrappy in the corners and looked handy at times with the puck.

Eikka

May 21, 2015
Reading Portzline's writings about the camp makes me think that the management doesn't have to cut anyone. Players will leave the camp voluntarily:laugh:. It seems like Torts has opened a major can of ***whooping :laugh:. This makes me glad.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Very boring game last night. Jackets were very disjointed pretty much the whole game. Several Blues goals were the result of brutal turnovers, one by PLD, and one by Jenner.

Thought Forsberg was OK, but should have had a couple of those goals.

For some reason, Zaar caught my eye a lot. Thought Calvert had a strong game as well. Other then those two, nothing special. Thought PLD looked lost at times, but that will happen in your first game against better talent. Interesting to see how he progresses through the remainder of the pre-season.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
If the excuse is the hard opening of training camp, they better scale it back a bit before the season starts or they're going to get blown away because they're exhausted. I get needing to be in shape, but at some point you need to be 100% ready for the season to start, if theyre completely gassed from training camp, the season is going to be over in a hurry

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If the excuse is the hard opening of training camp, they better scale it back a bit before the season starts or they're going to get blown away because they're exhausted. I get needing to be in shape, but at some point you need to be 100% ready for the season to start

You mean like they haven't been the last 2 years? What what you've been doing hasn't worked, you change it.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
If the excuse is the hard opening of training camp, they better scale it back a bit before the season starts or they're going to get blown away because they're exhausted.

Meat longs for punishment.

Remember what Testo Man and Raudo did on their way to summer cottage to astonishment of pen necks? They stopped Testo's Mercedes-Benz on a stop two kilometres before their waypoint and did flyes to achieve maximum pump.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
tried to stream it down here, would never work...guessing just an issue with bugs for them...will try next ones i guess...

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
tried to stream it down here, would never work...guessing just an issue with bugs for them...will try next ones i guess...

It streamed fine here (Columbus) so it may be a blackout issue that it is only available locally.

Totally forgettable game and that was probably the most empty I've ever seen Nationwide for a Jackets preseason game.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Going from one extreme to another is generally not the best approach

This is the proverbial "no pain, no gain." It is painful now, and it shows. But they will gain stamina and strength by the time 10/13 rolls around. Once Torts gets them where he wants them it will be easier to maintain that level, and easier to make it through an 82 game season.

Just ask my Son who went thorough Marine Corps boot camp. It was horrible at first, but later on they were mean, lean, fighting machines.

Eikka

May 21, 2015
Torts requires certain level of conditioning. He made it very clear last season that the training camp will be rough so that the players had time to prepare themselves. Now he's doing the final whipping. Pushing the guys over the limit. That's where the progress is made, both physically and mentally. I'm expecting Torts to scale it down well before the opening game.

There's no time for training to get better during the season, it's only maintaining.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Meat longs for punishment.

Remember what Testo Man and Raudo did on their way to summer cottage to astonishment of pen necks? They stopped Testo's Mercedes-Benz on a stop two kilometres before their waypoint and did flyes to achieve maximum pump.

Does anybody else understand what he talks about or is it just me? I understand that pop culture references are 100% lost on me being an old guy. He might as well write in Arameric for all I know. Color me lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad