Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
First Game Roster:

Columbus
CtJh6EOXYAAbdAU.jpg

St. Louis
Forwards: Kenny Agostino, Ivan Barbashev, Samuel Blais, Conner Bleackley, Jordan Caron, Robby Fabbri, David Perron, Chris Porter, Ryan Reaves, Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny, Scottie Upshall

Defense: Brad Hunt, Petteri Lindbohm, Dmitrii Sergeev, Kevin Shattenkirk, Kevin Tansey, Mike Weber

Goalies: Jake Allen, Carter Hutton

Second Game Roster:

Columbus
CtJjrAnWAAAoXxm.jpg:large

St. Louis
Forwards: Andrew Agozzino, Kyle Brodziak, Jacob Doty, Landon Ferraro, T.J. Galiardi, Jordan Kyrou, MacKenzie MacEachern, Adam Musil, Eric Nystrom, Magnus Paajarvi, Ty Rattie, Yan Stastny

Defense: Robert Bortuzzo, Chris Butler, Joel Edmundson, Morgan Ellis, Carl Gunnarsson, Jordan Schmaltz, Scooter Vaughan

Goalies: Jordan Binnington, Pheonix Copley

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Pre season is here already. Did anything of significance happen over the summer?:sarcasm:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
You can probably count on one hand how many walk-ups will pay to see this game. STH's that decide to show up will determine the actual butts in the seats.

I will be there for at least 2 periods to check out PLD.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Very interested in PLD.

Do you guys think that him centering actual NHL talent means he has a shot at the 9 games?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Listening to the game while I mow my massive yard.

Sounded like a game of 2 parts. First half of the period was all CBJ. Hartnell scored first. Second half of period was all Blues and they tied it at 1-1.

Kukan seems to be in on a lot of action. Korpi shakey the entire period. Anderson seems to be playing well along with Gagner, and a few others.

Ready for the 2nd period.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
You can probably count on one hand how many walk-ups will pay to see this game. STH's that decide to show up will determine the actual butts in the seats.

I will be there for at least 2 periods to check out PLD.

I was actually going to attend (not an STH) but any longer trips are on hold until Indians playoff tickets go on sale tomorrow (not sure how much they will cost).

At this point, I will probably wait for the opener even if playoff ticket prices are what I expect. Penguin fans have secondary market prices for next Sunday's game in the stratosphere (for a preseason game) and I'd rather put that kind of money towards opener tickets. The other two games are not an option as I can't justify traveling to Columbus on a weeknight for an exhibition.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
A longshot at getting 9 games? I think he has a decent shot at playing 9, with closer to a longshot beyond that.

If he ends up taking the job and the compromise Dubois will take with it, will it compromise Dubois? The real question is do the old qualities of service, sacrifice and comradery still prevail? If they do, then fine, if they don't...

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
My prediction based on what I've seen and heard thus far.

They start the season with the plan to send Dubois to juniors after nine games.

He impresses enough that he sticks with the CBJ.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
The Hartnell-Gagner-Atkinson line is rockin' today. They have all three Jackets goals.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My prediction based on what I've seen and heard thus far.

They start the season with the plan to send Dubois to juniors after nine games.

He impresses enough that he sticks with the CBJ.

Agreed.. just a weird gut feeling he sticks for the entire season. Whether thats a good thing or not? We shall see.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Korpi didn't do himself any favors today. The CBJ were pretty much absent the third period.

I wonder if Torts brutal skates had anything to do with that? Hey if losing a few pre-season games due to fatigue means they will be in great shape for the regular season, screw it, lose em all.

Hartnell / Gagner were the bright spots for the CBJ today. Other then that no one else sounded real impressive.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Korpi didn't do himself any favors today. The CBJ were pretty much absent the third period.

I wonder if Torts brutal skates had anything to do with that? Hey if losing a few pre-season games due to fatigue means they will be in great shape for the regular season, screw it, lose em all.

Hartnell / Gagner were the bright spots for the CBJ today. Other then that no one else sounded real impressive.

Wins and losses don't matter in the preseason. All that matters is getting in shape and getting chemistry with who you are playing as we get closer to the regular season.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Split squad games are meant to favor the home team. Just the way the lines are adjusted. Colorado - Anaheim split squad games from the past usually meant that the Avs sent their C Squad to the Anaheim and Anaheim sent their C Squad to Colorado. For some reason though, those teams seem to lose their home games.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Did McElligott and Shelley call the St. Louis game off of a monitor or did the team flight get back quickly enough for them to call both games in person?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad