GDT: Preseason Game 8 vs Toronto

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
What should have been an easier win had to be a comeback win. Should have lead the whole game

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
They started the game with these lines:

Ras - Larkin - DeBrincat
Perron - Comp - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Sprong
Kostin - Veleno - Fischer

At some point Rasmussen and Perron switched places:

Perron - Larkin - Debrincat
Ras - Compher - Raymond

Also Lalonde confirmed they are gonna start with Kostin - Veleno - Fischer as a 4th line on thursday.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
So, watching the highlights, Wings dominate in shots; have RayRay completely body a Leaf on his drive to the goal for a shot, albeit a stopped one; show multiple scorers; win the game, and somehow I'm supposed to be worried?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Last preseason Wings had only 4 forwards who completed a better points/60 than our current best Top10 at this pre-season.

It looks like there's really a 4-line machine now. 6 more significantly productive forwards.

Reactions: DamonDRW

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
OK, I can't remember who they were -- who wanted to waive Chiarot and Fischer so we could play some rookies that have never played? Are you guys here, or are you the sort of hockey fan that's watching U of M lay a beatdown on Miami of Ohio or whoever the hell they're beating this week?

RedWingzz and norrisnick -- are you guys here? You're missing a good one, fellers.
I don‘t understand what you are bragging about. Chiarot didn‘t shit the bad and scored from the blueline against Marlies? Congrats, i guess , but if that your standard for the season, you are up for the dissapointment, because he didn‘t liok that convincing in the process: Had hard time dealing with fotecheck and looked lost in the O tone passing to nobody. Against Leafs AHL team. If I compare this showing to Edvinsson‘s last game against NHL Leafs, i‘d rather have Edvinsson, even if he didn‘t score

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I don‘t understand what you are bragging about. Chiarot didn‘t shit the bad and scored from the blueline against Marlies? Congrats, i guess , but if that your standard for the season, you are up for the dissapointment, because he didn‘t liok that convincing in the process: Had hard time dealing with fotecheck and looked lost in the O tone passing to nobody. Against Leafs AHL team. If I compare this showing to Edvinsson‘s last game against NHL Leafs, i‘d rather have Edvinsson, even if he didn‘t score
Chiarot is far from perfect -- he's pretty slow and he tends to toss hand-grenade passes to the other d-man when that d-man is covered.

But he's not horrid. I saw one pass-to-no-one from Chiarot last night, but I noticed 2 from Ghost-Bear (which is a little concerning.) And Walman played like absolute shit. But it's just one game.

I'm just saying: When the biggest problems, the worst things we have to worry about, the SpaceGoats, if you will, are Chiarot and Fischer -- a third-pairing guy who's not horrid, and a 4th line guy who appears to be a halfway decent if not exciting forward -- that bodes well for the team.

I wasn't boasting, I was chiding norrisnick and RedWingzz, because I thought it was amusing -- it's just one game, yeah, but everything went completely against all of the points those two (and others here) had been making all day.

I mean, if we could get norrisnick to start a new thread, "TRADE HUSSO NOW" and norrisnick would add comment after comment about Husso being unable to stop a beachball and he has no rebound control and he might as well replace his glove with a cheeseburger, then I almost feel as though Husso might win the Vezina this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RRhoads

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's just the amount of disingenuous posting and confirmation bias posting.
It's like that early preseason game when Ed threw a weak one around the boards when he didn't have to to an opponent in the D zone, the play ended up getting on Berggren's stick and rather than making a pass he tried to carry it through the zone and lost it to the corner, Petry takes out the man going for the puck to allow Berggren to retrieve but that doesn't happen and it ends up in the back of the net.

First post on HFB GDT: God damn it Petry (or something like that)

I see how some of you watch these games.

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
So, watching the highlights, Wings dominate in shots; have RayRay completely body a Leaf on his drive to the goal for a shot, albeit a stopped one; show multiple scorers; win the game, and somehow I'm supposed to be worried?
it was against leafs ahl team. they had one starter plying in the game.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Chiarot is far from perfect -- he's pretty slow and he tends to toss hand-grenade passes to the other d-man when that d-man is covered.

But he's not horrid. I saw one pass-to-no-one from Chiarot last night, but I noticed 2 from Ghost-Bear (which is a little concerning.) And Walman played like absolute shit. But it's just one game.

I'm just saying: When the biggest problems, the worst things we have to worry about, the SpaceGoats, if you will, are Chiarot and Fischer -- a third-pairing guy who's not horrid, and a 4th line guy who appears to be a halfway decent if not exciting forward -- that bodes well for the team.

I wasn't boasting, I was chiding norrisnick and RedWingzz, because I thought it was amusing -- it's just one game, yeah, but everything went completely against all of the points those two (and others here) had been making all day.

I mean, if we could get norrisnick to start a new thread, "TRADE HUSSO NOW" and norrisnick would add comment after comment about Husso being unable to stop a beachball and he has no rebound control and he might as well replace his glove with a cheeseburger, then I almost feel as though Husso might win the Vezina this year.
First off, what you're saying checks with reality. The guys y brought in were never expected to be world beaters.
Second point, I would offer that no one ever expected ghost to be more than he can be, however it's a reasonable 1 year deal and chariots is 4. (I also take a modicum of umbrige with the copp deal.)
Lastly, I absolutely love you for bringing back the spacegoat reference. That is my all time favorite typo, hands down, bar none, the best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad