GDT: PreSeason Game 7: Red Wings at toronto 7:00 pm et 10/5/23 espn+

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
The kid was literally drafted June 2022. He just had a terrific season in Sweden at 18 and you’re already declaring him a bust in the preseason of 2023. You don’t think you’re being too hasty here?
Terrific is a stretch. Petterson had a terrific D+1. Kaspers was fine but his offense still left a ton to be desired. No one saying he’s a bust but the chances he becomes a top 6 center points wise (50 pt+/season) is low. Because I personally believe that Danielson could be as good or even better offensively than Larkin by definition he’s a better prospect and he changes Kaspers place in the pecking order.

Only thing on red wings i want is that Veleno is kicked the f*** out.
Why? He’s a fine bottom 6 center. He did a dumb thing but no one should be defined by their dumbest moments

Reactions: Filppula

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That is the one major difference that seems to be the largest factor: euro ice vs NA ice.

Danielson knows that he has no room to do anything because he has been playing that way his entire life, while Kasper has always enjoyed space, just the nature of two continents. That's probably why Zadina Zadina'd, pulkinnen pulk'd, and whoever else.

I wonder if Stevie and them have been putting more weight into NA ice-time vs Euro in this regard. It's like in college football vs NFL QB's. Anyone can throw a bomb down field to an open receiver streaking (or being lightly covered). The time you know they are going to be a great NFL QB is if they are throwing in tight windows for completions (or should be completions if the WR is capable). I am sure they have thought of this, obviously, just curious if they put more weight in the category than others.
Zadina was NA pick.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Terrific is a stretch. Petterson had a terrific D+1. Kaspers was fine but his offense still left a ton to be desired. No one saying he’s a bust but the chances he becomes a top 6 center points wise (50 pt+/season) is low. Because I personally believe that Danielson could be as good or even better offensively than Larkin by definition he’s a better prospect and he changes Kaspers place in the pecking order.

I wonder what your opinion on Berggren is and if he could ever be a 50 point NHL player because Marko had more success at the SHL level at a younger age than him.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I wonder what your opinion on Berggren is and if he could ever be a 50 point NHL player because Marko had more success at the SHL level at a younger age than him.

I think the chances of it happening are low and the chances of it being more than a one off are even lower. Berggren is also a different type of prospect than Kasper, so no sense in comparing them beyond the superficial one, them starting in Sweden.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Zadina was NA pick.
He was on loan from his Czech team, so technically he was an European pick which is why he was allowed to play in the AHL. He also only played one year in Halifax.

Ice size isn't why he busted, he's got zero hockey IQ. Pulky was small, slow, and his windup took too long.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
No , his problem is narcissistic personality and physically below NHL level. He brought too early and couldn't handle reality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad