GDT: Preseason: Game 6 - New York Rangers vs Boston Bruins - 7:30pm (Game on TNT, right after Two and a Half Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Laviolette is trying to play a system. He's going to realize like the others did that he has to let them do the grabbyass bullshit or they'll score once a game.
James Hetfield says sad but true

Ahh just in time to catch the knights to see Stanley cup winner Brett Howden

Reactions: Filip Chytil

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Preseason was ass.

I honestly don't know. The coaches have been making odd decisions and tried weird combos to get data or something. And driven the players harder than they are used to. Now they have a few more days of putting it together. We'll see what comes out of that.

The vets have to step up big time if this season is going to be interesting. They've been in cruise mode. However, Trouba's been poor for a year+ now. Panarin? Goody? Zib and Kreider will come along eventually. Laf looked ok in the first period, but then the usual brainlessness kicked in.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Lafreniere just doesn't have the compete level to f***ing put his mind to any play other than tap ins. Has this guy ever dug in with his lower body or stiffened his upper body to protect a puck or win a battle? Ridiculous. What a f***ing clown.
This goes for pretty much for most of our ‘main guys’ but, yeah. This is accurate.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
So all the people still going with, "It's just preseason" ...if they wind up shitting the bed and playing exactly how they did in preseason and wind up losing, am I going to catch shit for being upset about it by being told, "It's only the first game."

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Kakko and Cuylle had a good preseason, both were noticeable. They should have just sent Othmann down on a high instead of giving him 7 minutes on the 4th line, but ultimately it doesn’t matter.

Miller Trouba seems like a disaster again, but that’s every year.

Igor looks like Igor.

PK was shitty, PP was shittier, they didn’t score much five on five, but at least they aren’t getting buried like past teams.

Gus really should help the third pair be usable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So all the people still going with, "It's just preseason" ...if they wind up shitting the bed and playing exactly how they did in preseason and wind up losing, am I going to catch shit for being upset about it by being told, "It's only the first game."

If you're flying off the handle after one game you deserve to catch shit and be told it's only the first game.

Reactions: Ruggs225

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Well better defensively
Lines seem set assuming the only change Is Othmaan out and Chytil in

Pitlick or Bonino spare for game 1.

I better be seeing Brodz and Harpur waived
They clear anyway

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Thought it was a fairly even game, with an edge to the Rangers.

The difference is one of the teams has a winning culture that’s part of its DNA and the other has a losing culture.

Kakko was really good. Showed a bit of frustration at the end finally which I liked. That pass on a breakaway is unforgivable though. And he’s done that shit his whole career.

Cuylle was great. He’s gonna be a solid NHLer one day. Loved him calling for the puck on the powerplay.

Fox, as always, was the best player on the ice.

Othmann looked a step behind. Some smart plays in the o zone but he was chasing a bunch. No harm in getting some seasoning in the A.

I think Laf was fine. I understand people want him to be more noticeable but there’s 9 other skaters out there. When Panarin is garbage and Goodrow is your other line mate there isn’t much you can do. I was at the game - Panarin doesn’t communicate at all between whistles. He’s got to be a nightmare to play with.

Wheeler was dishing all night. He’s going to rack up a bunch of assists.

This season is going to f***ing suck.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The difference is one of the teams has a winning culture that’s part of its DNA and the other has a losing culture.

Kakko was really good. Showed a bit of frustration at the end finally which I liked. That pass on a breakaway is unforgivable though. And he’s done that shit his whole career.

Cuylle was great. He’s gonna be a solid NHLer one day. Loved him calling for the puck on the powerplay.

Othmann looked a step behind. Some smart plays in the o zone but he was chasing a bunch. No harm in getting some seasoning in the A.

I think Laf was fine. I understand people want him to be more noticeable but there’s 9 other skaters out there. When Panarin is garbage and Goodrow is your other line mate there isn’t much you can do. I was at the game - Panarin doesn’t communicate at all between whistles. He’s got to be a nightmare to play with.

Laf was not fine. He was plenty noticeable on Boston’s winning goal

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

Post is peppered with positives and then you lay in this gem.

"Hey, your vitals are great! Heart beating well, brain showing no abormalities, no vitamin or mineral deficiencies, your prostate is great, you're hung like a horse.

...No point in hospice as you'll be dead by this time tomorrow."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad