GDT: Preseason: Game 6 - New York Rangers vs Boston Bruins - 7:30pm (Game on TNT, right after Two and a Half Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Thought it was a fairly even game, with an edge to the Rangers.

The difference is one of the teams has a winning culture that’s part of its DNA and the other has a losing culture.
Of all the teams to say this about, I'm really not sure the Bruins are the best example :laugh:
Sure they have won a cup since we have, but we've both won the same amount since I was born 42 years ago. We've also got past the 1st round of the playoffs more recently than they have...

Reactions: JCProdigy

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I wonder how many of you freaking out now would be saying preseason means nothing if the record were flipped.
The record would be meaningless regardless, but the same flaws that were there under Gallant were still visible during the preseason which is the issue. I don’t know how much things will change during the regular season.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Of all the teams to say this about, I'm really not sure the Bruins are the best example :laugh:
Sure they have won a cup since we have, but we've both won the same amount since I was born 42 years ago. We've also got past the 1st round of the playoffs more recently than they have...
Yeah, a lot of good that winning culture did them last year as they embarrassed themselves and lost three straight games in the first round to an 8th seed and had their asses bounced after an historic regular season. This place would be at Defcon 1 if that happened.

This game looked like it was being played at 3/4 speed at times. What does seem to be in the Rangers' DNA the last couple years is the maddening over passing from prime shooting areas and even more maddening numerous unforced turnovers at the D blueline.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I missed the third as I had to do a hospital run in the morning. Also didn't realize this was a TNT game and was expecting Sam after having to listen to Butch and the devils PBP guy the last two games. Ah well - looking forward to Buffalo!

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There are too many giveaways in general.

The Rangers just can’t help giving the puck to the other team. Direct passes through the middle, broken plays, easy takeaways, pucks sliding off sticks, losing control, putting teammates in bad positions to accept passes, making poor judgements, making long passes, cross ice passes, reverses to no one.

Bread isn’t the only one. He is the most flagrant abuser and never seems to learn but he isn’t the only one.

Lav not only needs to get this team to go north with it, he needs them to make smarter decisions but most importantly attack with a purpose and provide support for the puck carrier. Shorten things up.

Drury needs to construct the roster that plays a North South game. These vets are not changing the way that they play especially in their 30s. If the coach can't coach it out of them, he needs to make the players lived miserable so they will want to be dealt. We had 3 coaches and the same issues still exists. Its the core that is part of the issue here

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Yeah, a lot of good that winning culture did them last year as they embarrassed themselves and lost three straight games in the first round to an 8th seed and had their asses bounced after an historic regular season. This place would be at Defcon 1 if that happened.

This game looked like it was being played at 3/4 speed at times. What does seem to be in the Rangers' DNA the last couple years is the maddening over passing from prime shooting areas and even more maddening numerous unforced turnovers at the D blueline.
Time dishonorable Ranger tradition dating back to the early 1980’s team’s.
In the words of former NHL Referee and NY Rangers color commentator Bill (The Big Whistle) Chadwick:
“Shoot the Puck Barry.”

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Laf was not fine. He was plenty noticeable on Boston’s winning goal
Laf was awful- essentially all night. The guy can’t even get PP time over Will Cuylle. Only took 5 pre-season games for Lavi to see how awful he is. Sorry but he’s shaping up to be off this team at the deadline way sooner than he’s gonna have a breakout season. His pre-season was literally a joke.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Id make a 3 or 4 for 1 trade if we could find a fast scorer. I'm not thrilled by our nucleus of forwards. Could keep Oth, Cuylle and Jones in lineup if we find a great big deal. Quantity for quality move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad