GDT: | Preseason Game #5 | Pens vs Wings | 1930hrs EST | Its the final countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I just started typing out top 6 line combos I'd like to see. But there were so many. With the remaining games I hope they start trying new combos.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'm not a Wings STH so take my commentary with a grain of salty seasoning, but I was at the game

- CDS was the best player tonight
- Malkin had some bursts where he was trying, but it seemed like he was just out there trying to not get hurt. Same with Sid, Jake, Letang, Dumo and Rust
- L2 was pretty leaky, but again see my point above
- Poehling should be a regular 4th liner. Good hockey IQ in 1 sequence where he darted towards center on a breakout. He didn't receive the pass, but he cleared the lane for his winger to get a good rush from the weak side
-Was happy to see Kap get PK time. But he seemed awkward doing it. Hopefully he's learning the system and we'll potentially see more of this
-Archibald scored, but he's just a body out there. I don't see what's so special about him to warrant being a lock on the 4th line
-Petry will be fine. Reminds me a bit of Letang where he's able to use his shoulder and head fakes to lure defenders and open up transition passes
-Still worried about Petts being played so high in the lineup
-Rutta looks like he's skating in quicksand sometimes

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
What worries me is that Pens could not get out of our zone in the third when Wings shifted in another gear. Apparently Sully expressed the same concerns, wasn't too happy after the game, did not just brush it over its preseason...Our dman got caved in with no help from the Cenetr or any other exit routes. I understand its preseason, they will work on it, but you would like some kind of resemblence of a system shaping up. It will be interesting to see how this develops, if CDS was anything but stellar last night our mood and comments would have been way different...

Reactions: Andy99

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I also was surprised to see McGinn so invisible. I think it was late in the 2nd period where I finally was like "oh he's playing tonight?"

For a player who seems to have guys nipping at his heels, I didn't see much effort.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I also was surprised to see McGinn so invisible. I think it was late in the 2nd period where I finally was like "oh he's playing tonight?"

For a player who seems to have guys nipping at his heels, I didn't see much effort.

He was playing with two borderline NHLer's .Also he set up Archibalds goal

Zap Rowsdower

Sep 10, 2019
Was surprised at how good Poulin looked. His blunder not getting the puck deep on a penalty kill will cost him 3 more years in the AHL (Sully never forgets), but I thought he looked like he belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad