GDT: | Preseason Game #5 | Pens vs Wings | 1930hrs EST | Its the final countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Smith looked better. Someone told him to move his f***ing feet.

That’s definitely how Archibald needs to play for me to be okay with him as a regular.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
How did HDs look?

2-7.

5-17 on scoring chances.

Tbf, while it's the most lopsided possession thing, Poehling's line and Rutta were the only guys with good possession stats. Average to bad all round elsewhere. And while I liked how pretty much everyone looked, DeSmith had to be really good a lot which says maybe my eyes are deceiving me...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
2-7.

5-17 on scoring chances.

Tbf, while it's the most lopsided possession thing, Poehling's line and Rutta were the only guys with good possession stats. Average to bad all round elsewhere. And while I liked how pretty much everyone looked, DeSmith had to be really good a lot which says maybe my eyes are deceiving me...

Interesting. Seems weird to me. I don’t remember them getting caved or pinned in that much.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Interesting. Seems weird to me. I don’t remember them getting caved or pinned in that much.

Me neither... but giving away a lot of good counter-attacking chances and asking DeSmith make the stop, I feel like I remember that.

I also think a lot of our good moments failed to connect and I can't remember many back to back good shifts other than maybe after that second goal.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Me neither... but giving away a lot of good counter-attacking chances and asking DeSmith make the stop, I feel like I remember that.

I also think a lot of our good moments failed to connect and I can't remember many back to back good shifts other than maybe after that second goal.

L1 and L2 looked lame. L3 and L4 looked solid. Felt like a bunch of the Wings chances were one and done.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1664851042848.png

I'm really getting tired of seeing these numbers when Zucker and Malkin are together.
Shout out to our 3rd line for being solid.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
View attachment 590647

I'm really getting tired of seeing these numbers when Zucker and Malkin are together.
Shout out to our 3rd line for being solid.
Agree…everyone is telling me that it’ll be fine and Zucker will be much improved this year…I’ve never liked Zucker-G-Rust as a line… cant think of a single game in its relatively small sample size that worked…lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Agree…everyone is telling me that it’ll be fine and Zucker will be much improved this year…I’ve never liked Zucker-G-Rust as a line… cant think of a single game in its relatively small sample size that worked…lol

Again, Zucker ain't the problem on that line.

Zucker has looked much improved this year. It was Malkin who looked bad today.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
L1 and L2 looked lame. L3 and L4 looked solid. Felt like a bunch of the Wings chances were one and done.

Agree Detroit were usually one and done, but there were a lot of them.

L4 leaked more chances than the eye task suggested.

L2 is the only one of the lines that bothered me, and I think a lot of that was due to Geno playing very impetuous and writing cheques he couldn't cash. They did get a couple of nice chances and cycles together though.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I’m not talking at all about tonight…and I wouldn’t judge Malkin on a preseason game…but he’s our L2 center and it’s imperative to find players who work with him and Zucker just hasn’t…

Then why are you complaining about Zucker and Malkin in here then?

Zucker looks very good so far. Any sort of shortcomings with the second line from today was on Malkin. Complaining about Zucker not being "much improved" when he clearly is much improved is complaining for the sake of complaining.

It doesn't matter. What matters is how much improvement there will be on L2 after the change is implemented.

Doesn't matter who plays with Malkin if he plays like he did tonight :dunno:

Like, what are you people complaining here trying to accomplish? Why complain about Malkin's wingers in a game where both of Malkin's wingers had goals and any issues with the 2nd line at 5v5 was because of Malkin not playing well?

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad