AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Top 10 anime moments before disaster.

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 11.37.11 PM.png

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Jeebus it’s just a preseason game. Even so though if you’re dressing your top ten players and the other teams best players are Foegle and Ryan you’d better win

Reactions: Duke74

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I wonder what Holloway's ceiling is... games like tonight make me wonder if he has top6 potential. He has great speed and a great shot. Maybe he'll be one of those players who is a great 3rd liner but could also fill in top6 minutes at times as well.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Scheme changes seem to really be having an impact, hopefully we see a similar result in season. Team has had three 2-1 results and minus the meltdown 3rd period against Winnipeg, they haven’t gave up much.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I wonder what Holloway's ceiling is... games like tonight make me wonder if he has top6 potential. He has great speed and a great shot. Maybe he'll be one of those players who is a great 3rd liner but could also fill in top6 minutes at times as well.
His skill level is on par with guys like Hyman and Brown IMO.

If he takes mentorship and models his game after those guys I believe his ceiling could be in that ballpark.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Holloway will be something. We all Oiler fans we'll see. His scoring touch is a little off. Once he hits it, look out. That speed, determination, force, shot. Watch out

Reactions: mkatcherin00

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
does anyone have a stream that I could watch today from last night game? Long day at work and I'd like to watch it

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
seen the 10 min highlites on Youtube so hard to grade any players but the ones that stood out
Holloway
Foegele
Campbell

Holloway has wheels and has looked good in preseason. Be interesting line if they put him with Foegele and McLeod. All have wheels but stone hands.
STONEHENGE LINE

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Scheme changes seem to really be having an impact, hopefully we see a similar result in season. Team has had three 2-1 results and minus the meltdown 3rd period against Winnipeg, they haven’t gave up much.
It's preseason with rosters full of AHLers and vets going at half speed. Nothing is being genuinely tested, and you can't assess anything they're doing until the games start being played for real.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Things that only amuse me.

Flames 10 nothing win over canucks meant something and tonight's game meant nothing. According to some posters elsewhere.

For me pre season means next to nothing until the last few days
I mean the entire preseason is meaningless.

It's just funny to see Flames fans go from high to low in a manner of minutes.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
It's preseason with rosters full of AHLers and vets going at half speed. Nothing is being genuinely tested, and you can't assess anything they're doing until the games start being played for real.

Not to mention Campbell and Skinner were the first-stars in back to back games.
Without sounding overly cynical, I wouldn't read too much into our supposed defensive prowess just yet.

Reactions: Tarus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad