GDT: Preseason Game #4 - CondOilers @ Flames - 7pm MST - Online

PenCapChew

Feb 24, 2020
Lineups via Soli. Not exactly a marquee matchup tonight and not televised.

Hopefully the B team has a good showing.
For those Canadians who don't want to have to sign up for Oilers+
Tonight's edition of the Battle of Alberta kicks off at 7:00 p.m. MT with CalgaryFlames.com carrying the stream. Due to NHL broadcast restrictions, the stream is limited to Canadian viewers.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
For those Canadians who don't want to have to sign up for Oilers+
Tonight's edition of the Battle of Alberta kicks off at 7:00 p.m. MT with CalgaryFlames.com carrying the stream. Due to NHL broadcast restrictions, the stream is limited to Canadian viewers.
Thanks. I guess I will hold my nose and watch the Phlegms feed.

1696007033995.jpeg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Hope we arent starting Campbell with that line up.

I dont really love the way Woodcroft has handled the lineups thus far.

Reactions: gordonhught

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I've never been so un interested in pre season before. Even the game with Connor and Leon in it was pretty drab. I'm not complaining as it's not really the point. But sheesh 2 goals in 3 games in regulation. Pretty sure at least 1 was on the pp. So 3 games is maybe 1 even strength goal.
The goals scored by RNH and Hyman.

But you'd think some guy fighting for a spot would will a goal or two in.

But what the heck it's pre season so I'll lower my standards!
I'd be impressed if they scored a 5 on 5 goal tonight. I'll consider that a win haha.

Starting to get a bit curios if anyone of the pto's or young players will actually score a goal this pre season. Collectively they've been quite underwhelming. Not unexpected but disappointing none the less.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I've never been so un interested in pre season before. Even the game with Connor and Leon in it was pretty drab. I'm not complaining as it's not really the point. But sheesh 2 goals in 3 games in regulation. Pretty sure at least 1 was on the pp. So 3 games is maybe 1 even strength goal.
The goals scored by RNH and Hyman.

But you'd think some guy fighting for a spot would will a goal or two in.

But what the heck it's pre season so I'll lower my standards!
I'd be impressed if they scored a 5 on 5 goal tonight. I'll consider that a win haha.

Starting to get a bit curios if anyone of the pto's or young players will actually score a goal this pre season. Collectively they've been quite underwhelming. Not unexpected but disappointing none the less.

Our offense just isn’t there. At some point I think you have to admit that the team lacks depth.

I think the Oilers are missing a layer of guys who are fringe NHL’ers. Our AHL veterans like McKegg, Malone etc aren’t really skilled. Griffith I think was at one point but time has made him obsolete.

Our young guys aren’t really playing with skilled players all that much. And then to top it off, no one seems to have any confidence or jam to try things. Is kinda why Akey was such a breath of fresh air.

And our NHL bottom 6 players aren’t doing much either. Going through the motions.

Been pretty dull. Can’t wait for it to be over.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The last game the Oilers hd on + was a 5-0 loss to Winnipeg the last time we dressed an AHL team. I see Flames have their starting lineup out playing at home. Probably watch bits of this but not sure how much.
I won't watch tonight, but will tomorrow. I would rather go to the gym and hang out with the kiddos

Reactions: Drivesaitl

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Our offense just isn’t there. At some point I think you have to admit that the team lacks depth.

I think the Oilers are missing a layer of guys who are fringe NHL’ers. Our AHL veterans like McKegg, Malone etc aren’t really skilled. Griffith I think was at one point but time has made him obsolete.

Our young guys aren’t really playing with skilled players all that much. And then to top it off, no one seems to have any confidence or jam to try things. Is kinda why Akey was such a breath of fresh air.

And our NHL bottom 6 players aren’t doing much either. Going through the motions.

Been pretty dull. Can’t wait for it to be over.
Weird take - "offense isn't there". How much do you expect when the young guys are up against teams with a lot of NHL players?

I will judge depth when these players get into our bottom 6 behind the big boys and face lesser competition.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Weird take - "offense isn't there". How much do you expect when the young guys are up against teams with a lot of NHL players?

I will judge depth when these players get into our bottom 6 behind the big boys and face lesser competition.
I meant our offense isn’t there on a prospect or AHL level essentially

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The last game the Oilers hd on + was a 5-0 loss to Winnipeg the last time we dressed an AHL team. I see Flames have their starting lineup out playing at home. Probably watch bits of this but not sure how much.
its not enough to put the preseason games behind a paywall, but the rosters they show are not worth the price. The preseason should not be behind a paywall, do other teams do this? because it seems other teams broadcast these for free on YouTube.facebook/ tv

Reactions: brentashton

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
its not enough to put the preseason games behind a paywall, but the rosters they show are not worth the price. The preseason should not be behind a paywall, do other teams do this? because it seems other teams broadcast these for free on YouTube.facebook/ tv
Nhl in general doesn’t promote the game well enough. These should totally be free and on YouTube, Facebook, anything they can stream it on.

Generate new fans and you’ll squeeze them for so much money in the long run.

This goes for Olympics too, they have no idea how many potential fans they’re missing out on. Salt lake Olympics got me super into hockey and I was a teenaged boy in Edmonton, it took the Olympics to really reel me into hockey.

Just get the game out there as much as possible and it’ll pay off

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lol, their idiot head coach might as well just cut everyone and play his NHL squad for the rest of pre-season :laugh:.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
More of this chicken shit online bullshit eh

Oilers should have made their intent to route them with their best effort before they get out of the gate even. Deflate them like a cheap balloon

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Man I really hope our ahl squad beats the Lames here. Too many people predicting them to make the playoffs, I do not see it. What did they improve? Same team just no Sutter.

They don’t have some crazy prospect pool, too many aging players that are already overpaid.

They might smoke us tonight but man, I will laugh so hard if we somehow win. Let’s go Holloway, show all your flames buddies which team is albertas team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad