GDT: Preseason Game 1: Wild @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
All the stick calls they were doing? I feel like if they called it like that, eventually we'd see the game open up more.

Yeah idk some of them are pretty soft.. and I've also see them call some on the hands but not others. The games are not going to have any flow if they call it this tight. Taps on the hands are so ingrained into these guys.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think Wild has a good mix of players for that last pairing. Rielly is pretty much a lock i think. Olofsson,Murphy and Quincy battling for that last spot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like a bunch of strangers running around in Wild uniforms...and Coyle.

Ennis does some clever skill things, then some dumb things.

Foligno looks big and rangy.

Kloos smart.

Reilly doing mostly good things.

Olofsson quiet.

Murphy a mixed bag. Refs calling a bunch of soft penalties.

Kunin looked OK.

Soucy looked ok.

Mitchell very good, and not so good.

Overall, play was scrambly...it's almost like these players haven't played together before...

Oh, and the Wild looked slow. Missing Haula already.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Seems like a bunch of strangers running around in Wild uniforms...and Coyle.

Ennis does some clever skill things, then some dumb things.

Foligno looks big and rangy.

Kloos smart.

Reilly doing mostly good things.

Olofsson quiet.

Murphy a mixed bag. Refs calling a bunch of soft penalties.

Kunin looked OK.

Soucy looked ok.

Mitchell very good, and not so good.

Overall, play was scrambly...it's almost like these players have played together before...

Oh, and the Wild looked slow. Missing Haula already.
Or, maybe they were missing 90%of their actual NHL lineup instead? They don't have a slow lineup when everyone is playing after all.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I'm surprised we survived a game with that many powerplays with the Jets playing so many of their big offensive players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doesn't mean it's the right call to make every time. The last thing we need is an over abundance of penalties instead of not as many.

it's preseason, the refs want to get messages across to the players now so they don't have to be this touchy in the regular season.

Thus they call it extra tight so the players adjust sooner rather than later and calls can be normalized by the regular season.

The refs are instructed every pre season to do things extra tight on one rule or another being emphasized by the NHL.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Doesn't mean it's the right call to make every time. The last thing we need is an over abundance of penalties instead of not as many.

It does in the preseason to make sure the players know what's coming. The game needs guys to stop hacking.

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
I'm surprised that Wild didn't get rekt. After all, Jets played more or less with their main roster while Wild had Coyle.... and Stew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad