GDT: Preseason Game 05 - Winnipeg Jets @ Calgary Flames - Monday, October 2nd, 2023 - 8:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Lambert and Perfetti started strong - felt they got overwhelmed a bit as the game went on... these are our top 2Cs if Scheif walks...

Kupari got better as the game went on so I'm 50/50 on him now... could be something

Parker Ford played great D but shouldn't have been out there in the last minute - worried Bowness is in love with him like Kuhlman

Please tell me Dillon-Pionk were phoning it in... please.

Heinola deserved better than Tree.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I think Lambert missed a golden opportunity to shine.
I missed the first 10 minutes, so maybe he had a few decent shifts then, but from what I saw, he was not very noticeable.
Heinola has been solid all pre-season. What else can you ask of him?

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I missed the first 10 minutes, so maybe he had a few decent shifts then, but from what I saw, he was not very noticeable.

Lambert needs some seasoning. He's tracking well so far but needs to get some scoring going at the pro level.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
After preseason
I really liked Lambert in the first period... but he shot his shot and then got overwhelmed... He will dominate on the Moose this season and be ready for NHL next year

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Some defensive ability around the net ? He’s still soft as butter. He’ll fit right in.

• Haha
Reactions: The Blue Baron

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Three blind men talking hockey on CJOB. They can't seem to think outside the box on talent. Heinola played great tonight until his ice time was reduced as the game progressed.

The only times Jets appeared to be in this game were when 14 was on the ice.

Some defensive ability around the net ? He’s still soft as butter. He’ll fit right in.

I think he showed that too. Not by getting into a counter-productive shoving match in front of the goalie but by recovering possession of the puck and carrying it out of the D zone.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Do you mean soft as butter that just came out of the freezer? :) Haha.
I disagree, I think he has improved a lot this past year. He’ll never dominate in front of the net but I think he’s passable now, and getting better.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Do you mean soft as butter that just came out of the freezer? :) Haha.
I disagree, I think he has improved a lot this past year. He’ll never dominate in front of the net but I think he’s passable now, and getting better.
More like butter that just came out of a Finnish sauna. And as the regular season progresses, the heat will be turned up more and more. :nod:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
The only times Jets appeared to be in this game were when 14 was on the ice.

I think he showed that too. Not by getting into a counter-productive shoving match in front of the goalie but by recovering possession of the puck and carrying it out of the D zone.

Yeah, he's never gonna be a 220 crease-clearing bruiser, but he can definitely make sure that fewer pucks end up in the crease with quick retrieval, possession and accurate exit passes. Less time spent defending = more time and opportunity to outscore = moar wins.

Depending on his D partner, he can be a complementary part of a very effective paring, IMO.

And I don't get the "soft as butter" complaint, really. There are plenty of bigger D who play a smaller game. Reminds me a bit of the "No-hit Samberg" discussion of a while back really. Except that he did hit when that was the smart play, and was effective either way.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
On one of the goals yesterday, Heinola had effectively boxed his guy out at the side of the net, while our three forward surrounded and then got subsequently beat by a single Flame for the goal.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
On one of the goals yesterday, Heinola had effectively boxed his guy out at the side of the net, while our three forward surrounded and then got subsequently beat by a single Flame for the goal.
Who were the three forwards?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm assuming they were staying on their respective man, but how does Pionk and Dillon get sucked out that far on the Backlund goal? The other team has possession off of a face-off and they're skating closer to the blue line than their own net. Lambert should have had better control over Backlund but still, Pionk and Dillon are both closer to the blue line than their own net.

rI9Vrja.jpg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I haven't seen much of each of the games this preseason, but Heinola's ability to read the play and box opponents out was always his strong suit. Being a bull in front of the net is a nice attribute to have, but not the only attribute.
Stanley is twice Heinola's size and he can't box out his mom . :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What is Stanley doing?

Without seeing the play materialize, could he be playing roll of f3 since it looks like maybe a forward had bailed him out down low?

If our d zone coverage looks like this, it will be a long season
Looks like Stanley is waiting for the one timer and forgot that he's in his own end.:laugh:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I watched that goal about 5 times to see what Heinola did on the play.
He did indeed do a masterful job of boxing out a bigger opponent.

Reactions: Jets 31 and jungles

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I watched that goal about 5 times to see what Heinola did on the play.
He did indeed do a masterful job of boxing out a bigger opponent.

If Morrissey has no size... and Heinola has no size...

Then Morrissey is soft...

This is the logic...

:sarcasm:

Morrissey was finally given a shot after his stay in the AHL...

Heinola should be given his shot... and maybe he will Morrissey it...

:popcorn:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

This is the logic...

That would be fantastic for the Jets.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

This is the logic...

morrissey came up when the LHD depth was composed of enstrom, stuart, chiarot.... easy to see why he probably needed to be in the line-up.

LHD depth is now morrissey, dillon, samberg. who are you taking out?

Reactions: hockeyarena

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
morrissey came up when the LHD depth was composed of enstrom, stuart, chiarot.... easy to see why he probably needed to be in the line-up.

LHD depth is now morrissey, dillon, samberg. who are you taking out?

Agree that no one's moving on the left side unless injury / TDL move.

If Heinola stays up, he's standing in for Schmidt, unless they prefer Capo in that role atm. Chisholm who knows, and Stan hopefully moved on to taller pastures.

#FreeTree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad