GDT: Preseason - Flames @ Sharks, 8:30pm MT

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Peters is disinterested in giving Bennett a chance up the lineup. We could have had a killer second line/second PP of something like Czarnik-Bennett-Neal(+Backlund) but his stubborn love for Ryan is going to cost Neal a big season. I guess the directive from above is to not let Bennett break out in a contract year. I don't think Ryan has the tenacity/hardness on the puck/two-way game to play with Neal, who is a floater. Ryan should be on the Jankowski line with Dube/Mangiapane IMO.

This team is so deep Bennett will not be handed anything without producing first. Almost nobody agrees with you point-of-view OKG. For Bennett to play center something catastrophic would have to happen like Mony, Backs, Jankowski, and Ryan all going down at the same time and they still likely would play Gawdin on the #1 unit before Bennett.

I do think Sam will be able to produce this year as a winger and maybe even creep up into the top six if there is an injury but to this point he will be a 4th line plug along with Jankowski... Wow the embarrassment of riches we have. Janko, Benny, and Czarnik as our forth line.... That is crazy... Neal playing on the 3rd line because the depth is that good. What a great time to be a Flame fan.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Peters is disinterested in giving Bennett a chance up the lineup. We could have had a killer second line/second PP of something like Czarnik-Bennett-Neal(+Backlund) but his stubborn love for Ryan is going to cost Neal a big season. I guess the directive from above is to not let Bennett break out in a contract year. I don't think Ryan has the tenacity/hardness on the puck/two-way game to play with Neal, who is a floater. Ryan should be on the Jankowski line with Dube/Mangiapane IMO.
Oh come on! Take that tin foil hat off and let your brain breath a little. You surely don't honestly believe that management has instructed Peters to do this. Bennet will get more TOI and better linemates when he proves that he's deserving of it. So far he hasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad