GDT: Preseason - Flames @ Sharks, 8:30pm MT

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Outside of no Rasmus those would be fine lines for the season opener though I’d think Neal is playing more than 3rd line minutes

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Outside of no Rasmus those would be fine lines for the season opener though I’d think Neal is playing more than 3rd line minutes

I'm not against him on the 3rd line 5v5 with PP1 time, that seems solid to me.

Swap Czarnik and Frolik and I like those lines. I'm just curious if they are skeptical on trying Rasmus on the left side. Either way both him and Valimaki have impressed more than Kulak so far

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Well. We’ve been crying for having no depth for years now... we have it now!

We don’t have plugs on our 3rd and 4th lines. We have some young guys hungry to play that have skill too.

Might take a few games for the lines to settle in, but I’m happy with how we look on paper.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Ugh, my crazy brain is making up crazy things. Probably not helping that I have a horrible weather related migraine.

Gaudreau - Mony - Lindholm

My mind is doing mental gymnastics and telling me that Mony is being flanked by "No sht, Sherlock".
Gaudreau has the no pooping story from Nutella, Lindholm, holm, Sherlock Holmes... Ugh.

Yeah, I just had to throw this out there because it's been bouncing in my head for an hour and won't go away... and yes, I know it's a really, really bad pun.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
LB's Hot take: Mangiapane not appearing in tonight's lineup means he will be sent down to the AHL
I would hope not.. I think he’s been just as good as Dube, especially on the defensive side. But, one’s gotta go. Dube brings a lot of speed in that bottom 6.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
One more game to experiment after this. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mangiapane, Andersson and Rittich substituted in for Dube, Valimaki and Gillies in roughly the same roles against the Oilers.

Excited to see what Czarnik does on the Bennett-Jankowski line

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm not against him on the 3rd line 5v5 with PP1 time, that seems solid to me.

Swap Czarnik and Frolik and I like those lines. I'm just curious if they are skeptical on trying Rasmus on the left side. Either way both him and Valimaki have impressed more than Kulak so far

Pretty much my thoughts as well, but I am intrigued if Czarnik can get that line going a little.

I also think Calc is probably correct on the next game swaps.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't understand why the 3M is back together, I would prefer to see Czarnik back there or preferably Neal there showing signs of chemistry.

I would be really disappointed if the 3M line is a line again this year.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
All things being equal, Dube's found the back of the net while Mangi hasn't.

Knowing the Flames, they're both destined for Stockton...
Like I said, Mangiapane has been a lot better with the two way play, not offensively obviously.

I am okay with either player on the roster come game 1. I too will be disappointed if both are in the AHL.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yup needs to be MNM

If the N is Neal... it's actually MMJ...

Being able to call a line of Tkachuk - Backlund - Neal the Eminem line would have been pretty cool though.

Sorry to toot my own horn, but that line luckily still has the backup option of "James and the giant Be'ach"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't understand why the 3M is back together, I would prefer to see Czarnik back there or preferably Neal there showing signs of chemistry.

I would be really disappointed if the 3M line is a line again this year.
Of course you would be disappointed, they were only one of the better lines in the NHL two seasons ago.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Of course you would be disappointed, they were only one of the better lines in the NHL two seasons ago.

LOL

I notice you missed how they were last season and gloss over that a big issue this team has had is secondary scoring which is limited when Tkachuk is forced into a defense heavy role and the fact that this team needs Frolik moving down the line-up not staying in a 2nd line spot. It would be pretty stupid to trade for Lindholm and Neal and then run back the same 2nd line that wasn't good enough last year.

But don't let common sense get in the way of your pathetic need to try and take another personal shot at me.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
LOL

I notice you missed how they were last season and gloss over that a big issue this team has had is secondary scoring which is limited when Tkachuk is forced into a defense heavy role and the fact that this team needs Frolik moving down the line-up not staying in a 2nd line spot. It would be pretty stupid to trade for Lindholm and Neal and then run back the same 2nd line that wasn't good enough last year.

But don't let common sense get in the way of your pathetic need to try and take another personal shot at me.
I didn't miss f*** all. What I saw was a line that had a RW that was injured and not the same after his injury. But why let little things like reality get ion the way of your sensationalist posts?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I didn't miss **** all. What I saw was a line that had a RW that was injured and not the same after his injury. But why let little things like reality get ion the way of your sensationalist posts?

LOL

Saying I like one guy over another on the same team is not shitting on the team. Its amazing the lengths you have to go to to fit your little narrative.

The 3M line was not good enough as a secondary scoring line last year, if you want to take the chance it was all due to Froliks injury be my guest but we brought in two new top 6 level players to the team so I doubt I am the only one who saw the need for more secondary scoring. Putting Neal down the line-up with linemates that are not offensively gifted and burying our 3rd best forward with defenisve minutes seems like a poor way to generate offense.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
For those who know the meme...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Signature

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad