GDT: Preseason (all games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Don't worry, Teasdale and Luchinni will cover for ROR, Spacek, Masters, and Lambos, and of course, Mermis and Middleton will hold down the fort as the #1 pair.:facepalm:

It's going to be a big time ass whooping. Don't really see the point of icing such a team, myself. It's setting the young guys up to fail, so the FO can justify sending them down more easily?:dunno:
Eh, I think you're reading too far into the motivations of management here. They'll send them down regardless, simply because they're not better than the current players yet. I'd look at these road games more as a reward to the young/obscure guys. They get to wear a Wild jersey and skate on the same ice as Joe Pavelski, Jamie Benn, Jason Robertson, and Sam Steel.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Mebbe, but this is a REALLY weak team(I haven't even heard of some of the players), going against a strong DAL squad. Doesn't seem fair throwing the younger guys into this.

Canucks sent an AHL-caliber team to face off against a stronger Calgary squad and lost 10-0. It happens.

At least we have the Boldy line in there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Eh, I think you're reading too far into the motivations of management here. They'll send them down regardless, simply because they're not better than the current players yet. I'd look at these road games more as a reward to the young/obscure guys. They get to wear a Wild jersey and skate on the same ice as Joe Pavelski, Jamie Benn, Jason Robertson, and Sam Steel.
Couldn't let this pass w/o notice, you sly dog.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lines for tonight:
Johansson-Ek-Boldy
Foligno-Rossi-Maroon
Lucchini-Khaira-Beckman
Teasdale-O’Leary-Meirele

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Dean is hell bent on making sure it's as hard as possible for Rossi to succeed

Reactions: NHL1674

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Made this a live thread. Using it for G2 also since it isn't on TV.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Don't worry, Teasdale and Luchinni will cover for ROR, Spacek, Masters, and Lambos, and of course, Mermis and Middleton will hold down the fort as the #1 pair.:facepalm:

It's going to be a big time ass whooping. Don't really see the point of icing such a team, myself. It's setting the young guys up to fail, so the FO can justify sending them down more easily?:dunno:

I disagree. I'd rather have them see what NHL players are instead of playing against scrubs that they'll be playing against nightly in the AHL. Rise to the occasion or fail and see where they have room to grow.

The d-corps lineup is also due to MN drafting so d-men so heavily from 2 draft classes. They can't be sheltered by vets and all get ice time.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I think Dean is hell bent on making sure it's as hard as possible for Rossi to succeed
Honestly, Beckman should be in place of Maroon. At least give him a shooter and one he's familiar with in Iowa.

But you know what, the optimist in me is going to say he'll surprise tonight and be 5'9" 190lbs wrecking ball! :mad:

Reactions: MNRube

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Honestly, Beckman should be in place of Maroon. At least give him a shooter and one he's familiar with in Iowa.

But you know what, the optimist in me is going to say he'll surprise tonight and be 5'9" 190lbs wrecking ball! :mad:

Yeah I guess if they're looking at some other aspects of the game, sure, they can probably glean some insights, but if he manages to do anything offensively with these two guys he should immediately be moved up to the first line next game

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah I guess if they're looking at some other aspects of the game, sure, they can probably glean some insights, but if he manages to do anything offensively with these two guys he should immediately be moved up to the first line next game
Come on, AKL, you know full well that if he clicks on that line, it'll be our 3rd line for the entire season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'd rather have Rossi with Foligno and Maroon than Beckman. It should allow Rossi to play the high center (F3) position while the other 2 do the dirty work in the o-zone. It'll also make the d-zone coverages better.

Folgino will probably be in the box all night again against Dallas anyways. So Beckman should get some time with Rossi.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nothing against you, of course, @BagHead, I just know you're right and I hate it

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They very well could be made up, there's no player called Meirele on Elite Prospects.

Actually, after some super sleuthing, I found out he was, in fact, captain of the Rangers at one point.

Didn't Zuccarello only get some silly little unofficial acknowledgement for his leadership on the Rangers?

88-meireles,-greg-(21)-ep.jpg

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Are we sure this game is not going to be streamed somewhere?
It would be kind of interesting to watch this sorry-assed second tier squad of whats-their-faces get a pummeling, and maybe find some bright spots

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Actually, after some super sleuthing, I found out he was, in fact, captain of the Rangers at one point.

Didn't Zuccarello only get some silly little unofficial acknowledgement for his leadership on the Rangers?

88-meireles,-greg-(21)-ep.jpg
Also, he scored 10 goals for the

Swamp Rabbits.​

Omg, Swamp Rabbits! Run baby, run! The Swamp Rabbits coming this way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad