GDT: Preseason (all games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kosmopolitain really continues to impress in his limited opportunity by doing the little things that make a good NHL player

• Haha
Reactions: Jbcraig1883

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Near finish for Kumpulainen, then draws a PP.

Shots are 40-20 Avs but it hasnt felt that way to me, Wallstedt has definitely settled in nicely, but feels like the Wild have had more of the dangerous looks in this one.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Some solid work by Dewar and Duhaime there, Dewar just couldn't get enough on the shot to make it dangerous

Classic NHL PP goal by Goligoski and Jarjar Binks, shot from the point and Jarjar cleans up the rebound

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Ooh, that was a nice tip and goal for Khaira, if he can go to the net like that in the regular season I may like him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Walker really turned this game around for the team, started rough but a great game for him

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coaching staff has got to give Walker a look with the regulars now
If Walker has put on some good weight - not a ton, just about 8-10 lbs. then he's a NHL player, to me. Whether he can play on this team with their cap issues is another story. I am kind of bemused that Beckman is getting preferential treatment over him... maybe it's wishful thinking on their part, because Beckman was nowhere near the player that Walker was last year in the AHL.

Hunt looked kind of sleepy during the prospects camp, also. This after a vg year down in Iowa where he looked the part. Bad summer, or just one of those things?

Did Lettierri look like a clone of Petan, or something different?

Reactions: lordtrillson

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Just got to watch the highlights of this one. Unfortunately, that means I only saw certain plays, but I've got to see Haight - Walker - Heidt continues to impress.

Haight's just so interesting. In all of the limited time I've been able to watch him I see a skilled passer who makes things happen offensively, and yet I look away and his offensive production after a period of time is lower than expected. He's sure producing on this line, though!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was the first game of the preseason. I don't take much away from it. I expected the guys that were in the prospects games to be more game ready than the vets.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was the first game of the preseason. I don't take much away from it. I expected the guys that were in the prospects games to be more game ready than the vets.
That’s probably the best attitude to have. Preseason doesn’t mean all that much…last year’s stars were Rossi and Holloway… but OTOH, it’s better to have a good preseason than a bad one. The worst preseason of all to have is one where you get injured.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That’s probably the best attitude to have. Preseason doesn’t mean all that much…last year’s stars were Rossi and Holloway… but OTOH, it’s better to have a good preseason than a bad one. The worst preseason of all to have is one where you get injured.

I'll put more weight in the Preseason game that happen in October. Right not I'm just looking for players that stand out to me (Milne last year as example). Nobody really did in any good ways today.

As a side note: I'm a little surprised that Heidt isn't signed to an ELC yet. Neither is Petrovsky (looks like he could be a good AHL depth player).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Haight/Heidt look like future players
Heidt intrigues me. I think everyone overanalyzed him to the point where they were trying to find issues with his game and came up with them. There are some legitimate concerns but I also think some like his defensive issues are overblown

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Heidt intrigues me. I think everyone overanalyzed him to the point where they were trying to find issues with his game and came up with them. There are some legitimate concerns but I also think some like his defensive issues are overblown
Albeit just Youtube video watching, I was just not excited by his lack of real outstanding traits. I tend to zone on 2-3 tools that really pop and you can develop (whether that be size, skating, shot, controlling the pace of play etc etc.).

With Heidt, all I saw was above-average in alot of things but master none type and I tend to believe those have a harder time to pan out.

However, with that said, I've been very wrong before having Petan (clear pop and elusiveness in his game) over Bjorkstrand (simple straight-line skater who I thought just feed off Petan) in their draft year by miles. And that's the funny thing about drafting/prospects so hoping Haight/Heidt both make it as Wild linemates :thumbu:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I did not realize that Milne was injured. Hopefully not serious. I don't think that he was a candidate to make the team this year, but he is definitely the type of player that Dean would love. Can see him getting a call up during the year if there are any injuries in the bottom six. He's sort of like the defensive version of Walker. Fast, and smart.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Game tonight is unlikely to have video coverage. Dallas is also playing almost all of their big guys minus Hintz so it might get ugly against our young D, but should be a good test for them.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Game tonight is unlikely to have video coverage. Dallas is also playing almost all of their big guys minus Hintz so it might get ugly against our young D, but should be a good test for them.
Don't worry, Teasdale and Luchinni will cover for ROR, Spacek, Masters, and Lambos, and of course, Mermis and Middleton will hold down the fort as the #1 pair.:facepalm:

It's going to be a big time ass whooping. Don't really see the point of icing such a team, myself. It's setting the young guys up to fail, so the FO can justify sending them down more easily?:dunno:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
It's going to be a big time ass whooping. Don't really see the point of icing such a team, myself. It's setting the young guys up to fail, so the FO can justify sending them down more easily?:dunno:

Isn't that what every team does, sending a weaker team for road games in preseason?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Isn't that what every team does, sending a weaker team for road games in preseason?
Mebbe, but this is a REALLY weak team(I haven't even heard of some of the players), going against a strong DAL squad. Doesn't seem fair throwing the younger guys into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00