Half-Assed GDT: Preseason #8- Blues VS. Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Allen was not proven #1 goaltender before he won playoff series and he did. Nothing will take that away from him he's proven now, but people are concern his game currently. I think its valid to say, ofc this is pre-season, but if he performs well regular season then its fine, but everything indicates he's mess now mentally like he was last year too. So if that is case Allen needs to get his **** together and go weekend camp with Brodeur. It would be thrilling to have goaltender who've constancy in his game. A game and B game. Not A game and E game.

tumblr_omo0k1Z53O1sr5vsyo7_r2_400.gif
Is there really such a thing as a consistent goalie? MAF was considered washed up two seasons ago and then turned into an elite goalie again. Holtby was considered elite a couple of years ago and is now dropping down the ranks. The only thing I really see about goalies is that when they get hot, they gain the league's attention, when they aren't, they "suck." Goalie is just that one position (i.e., QB for football, Center for basketball, etc...) Where when things aren't going right, they seem to garner the most attention.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Im less worried about Allen solely because the few games I saw him in where he looked bad, his defensemen were absolutely horrid. Hell the one game the best defenseman iced for the game was Bort. That game was a crap show of defense

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'm not mad that Upshall will take a spot from Thompson or Kostin. Those two shouldn't have made the team anyway. I'm annoyed with the signing because we're missing 4 of our top 9 forwards to start the year and Armstrong's remedy to this is to sign another 4th liner to add on to the 6 that we have already.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Allen was beat 5 hole by a dman 40ft out with a backhand.....
I'm not mad that Upshall will take a spot from Thompson or Kostin. Those two shouldn't have made the team anyway. I'm annoyed with the signing because we're missing 4 of our top 9 forwards to start the year and Armstrong's remedy to this is to sign another 4th liner to add on to the 6 that we have already.
The only other option is to do nothing. If Upshall stays out of the box then he's better then any other option

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Allen was beat 5 hole by a dman 40ft out with a backhand.....

The only other option is to do nothing. If Upshall stays out of the box then he's better then any other optio

Jagr is another option that would likely yield a 20 - 25 point increase over Upshall's production (however, Jagr would likely receive 2nd/3rd line minutes, whereas Upshall will receive 4th line minutes). It's not like it was/is Upshall or bust.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Jagr is another option that would likely yield a 20 - 25 point increase over Upshall's production (however, Jagr would likely receive 2nd/3rd line minutes, whereas Upshall will receive 4th line minutes). It's not like it was/is Upshall or bust.
The problem with Jagr was he was probably priced out of STL due to us not having the cap space.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The Fabbri injury was devastating to the team and, of course, to Fabbri. I was also very disappointed by the injury to Sanford.

On the positive side, Blais has looked very good and has apparently made the team, and I didn't see that coming. Megan has been impressive, and made the team, which I also didn't see coming.

Some of our other young talent has given us things to look forward to, maybe even this season.

So, the preseason has been like life usually goes. Some things to feel bad about, some to feel good about.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Fabbri going down and the announcement of signing Upshall kinda ruined the start of the season for me. I have a feeling they will do something stupid and send one or both of Blais and Megan down.

We went from looking forward to Fabbri's potential breakout year at C and a bunch of young guys fighting for roster spots to missing out on another year of Fabbri and seeing plugs take the roster spots of young guys which would have been a silver lining to the injuries. Now I have to watch guys like Upshall, Thorburn, and Prosser play.

Oh no I'm so shocked /s. This team is a joke sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad