Half-Assed GDT: Preseason #8- Blues VS. Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm not gonna freak out about Allen until after the Pens game. I'd rather him play like he doesn't care in preseason rather than trying to go all out getting hurt.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
yeah hes been such a good player for them they cant get past the 2nd round lol

Yea, cause that's all on Oshie. Not the stupid playoff format which pits them against the 2 time Stanley cup champs in the second round. Man you say some ridiculous things in your quest to never back-down from a clearly erroneous opinion.

Reactions: DoubleK81

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Yea, cause that's all on Oshie. Not the stupid playoff format which pits them against the 2 time Stanley cup champs in the second round. Man you say some ridiculous things in your quest to never back-down from a clearly erroneous opinion.
oshie cant elevate his game, never could.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
When your guy cant make routine saves....its a problem. He's been terrible in the preseason
good thing preseason doesnt matter. if hes awful vs pit i will rip him. until then who cares no big deal.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
The good:
Blais
Schenn
Gunnar
Bort
Parayko
Jaskin
Megan

The bad:
Walman

The awful:
Jake Allen. 3 out of 4 goals were easily stoppable.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Allen hasn't been good in any preseason game he's played in. Can't track the puck to save his life, god awful rebound control, mishandling pucks, and flopping around like a fish.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
17th worst GAA and 3rd worst save percentage of any goalie in the league this pre-season, including prospects. And that was going into this game where which should drop both of those stats. Maybe its too soon to panic, but Jake is not exactly been a guy who can just turn it on when it counts. It is a little concerning just how badly he is playing. I don't care whether these games count or not.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Apparently, Last 3 were awful
I didn’t mind the second because Parayko lost position on his guy in front of the net. The first he let a shot squeak through for an easy tap in, third was a horrible backhand from about 40 feet that beat him five hole, and the last was a wrister off the rush right through his glove. If it was Ovi, I could maybe excuse it, but it was Brett f***ing Connolly. He was off his angle and it beat him wide, not low or high. Belt high not even off the post. Just poor angle.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
All those already talking about jumping ship on Allen. RELAX, he will be fine.

I heard this for so many months last year before this board finally came to realization that Allen was far from fine.
The thing that worries me is that it is the same problems that plagued him for much of last year.

Maybe he will turn it on when day 1 arrives but as of now I have serious doubts.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I understand what you mean, maybe the playoffs are still too fresh in my memory. But Blues haven't had a goalie ever steal a playoff series in the modern era. To me that matters. I'm just saying it is worth waiting until the regular season to assess him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->