Half-Assed GDT: Preseason #8- Blues VS. Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia

ST. LOUIS - The Blues will wrap up the preseason with Sunday's 2 p.m. contest against the Washington Capitals at Scottrade Center.

Jake Allen will start in goal and is expected to play 60 minutes.

Tickets for the game are still available at the Box Office at Scottrade Center and online at ticketmaster.com.

Fans unable to attend the game can follow the action live on KMOX.com and on HD radio at Sports Radio 98.1 HD3. Live audio will also be available at stlouisblues.com and by visiting the Blues tab of the NHL App.

Projected Lineup vs. Washington

Forwards: Ivan Barbashev, Sammy Blais, Kyle Brodziak, Dmitrij Jaskin, Klim Kostin, Wade Megan, Magnus Paajarvi, Brayden Schenn, Vladimir Sobotka, Oskar Sundqvist, Tage Thompson, Chris Thorburn

Defense: Robert Bortuzzo, Vince Dunn, Joel Edmundson, Carl Gunnarsson, Colton Parayko, Nate Prosser, Jake Walman

Goalies: Jake Allen, Carter Hutton

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
about half this team is fighting for a spot. Interested to see who steps up today

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
giphy.gif

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I'll be there today - will try to focus on the younger players and will provide my thoughts after the game.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Hope they let Kostin play tonight. I think he has steadily improved every game he has played in.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I'll try to provide updates. Will be zeroeing in on blaise, Thompson, Kostin, Dunn, Walman, barbashev.

Reactions: jura

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
JFC how terrible does Walman have to be before they realize he's not ready

Just a little more terrible, I guess. They are putting him on his off-side too. Because when a defenseman is already struggling with his defensive positioning and assignments, the easiest way to fix that is to put him on the side he is not used to playing.....actually, since all his instincts are wrong, maybe they are hoping his instincts which would be wrong on the left-side will be right on the right.

Reactions: jura and Dbrownss

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Just a little more terrible, I guess. They are putting him on his off-side too. Because when a defenseman is already struggling with his defensive positioning and assignments, the easiest way to fix that is to put him on the side he is not used to playing.....actually, since all his instincts are wrong, maybe they are hoping his instincts which would be wrong on the left-side will be right on the right.

Sheeet, did Hitch just came back?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
And Blues home game and no pre-season broadcast. Are Blues only team in NHL who hasn't broadcast games?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Walman made a nice defensive play - stayed with his man who otherwise would have had a breakaway

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Funny I shouldn't have to stay up all night, its 22pm, perfect time to watch hockey, but.. because of Blues. Jeesus play away games only at pre-season.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Megan showed some soft hands, dipseydoodled around player in offensive zone to keep play alive

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Goal in tight on backhander by megan. Earlier Walman missed a puck at the blue line on pp that he should have had

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Orpik stood up Kostin, thorburn dropped gloves and took him down in hugfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad